1000D: Help me build my first custom loop - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

1000D: Help me build my first custom loop

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Im extremely impressed with the cooling capacity of this waterloop, i cant even hear a single sound from the PC while streaming my games and its maintaining near passive cooling levels, fans just running at 0% fixed rpm keeps the loop under CPU under 35c while streaming... unfortunately the commander pro does not turn the fans off completely below 300rpms, i know when i had the same fan plugged into motherboard for testing i could drop rpms to 0rpms and the fan physically turned off, which was my aim at doing when the pc is sitting idle or just surfing the web, turn the fans down based off a curve and wake up as temps rise.. but commander pro seems to be limited at this... I have the fans setup to start ramping up starting at 40c on the CPU from 0 rpms, then hit max fan speed by 85c, the D5 pumps i just have them set at 35% fixed rpms, while playing with the computer anything above 35% did not change the temps of the system at all unless the fans speeds are increased. I can bump pumps to 100% and keep the fans at 0% (roughly 300rpms) and the temps dont change, but 35% was the sweet spot in my system before it raised 1c in temps.

This is screenshot of my temps while streaming League of Legends to twitch.tv

Last edited by Storx; 01-25-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 04:35 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by Storx View Post
Im extremely impressed with the cooling capacity of this waterloop, i cant even hear a single sound from the PC while streaming my games and its maintaining near passive cooling levels, fans just running at 0% fixed rpm keeps the loop under CPU under 35c while streaming... unfortunately the commander pro does not turn the fans off completely below 300rpms, i know when i had the same fan plugged into motherboard for testing i could drop rpms to 0rpms and the fan physically turned off, which was my aim at doing when the pc is sitting idle or just surfing the web, turn the fans down based off a curve and wake up as temps rise.. but commander pro seems to be limited at this... I have the fans setup to start ramping up starting at 40c on the CPU from 0 rpms, then hit max fan speed by 85c, the D5 pumps i just have them set at 35% fixed rpms, while playing with the computer anything above 35% did not change the temps of the system at all unless the fans speeds are increased. I can bump pumps to 100% and keep the fans at 0% (roughly 300rpms) and the temps dont change, but 35% was the sweet spot in my system before it raised 1c in temps.
You should really have your fan curve adjusting to the temp of the liquid rather than a component. This will provide a much smoother curve based on what it is you are ultimately trying to keep cool. Liquid temp stays far more consistent, and will get rid of a lot of fans reacting to temp spikes.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Im not sure what you mean, would that require me to place a temp sensor in the loop correct? Right now i just have the 4 temp sensors that came with the commander pro disconnected, because i tried placing them in the fins of the rads, but the temp never changed any unless i turned the fan speed up which dropped the temp only a few degrees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:11 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by Storx View Post
Im not sure what you mean, would that require me to place a temp sensor in the loop correct? Right now i just have the 4 temp sensors that came with the commander pro disconnected, because i tried placing them in the fins of the rads, but the temp never changed any unless i turned the fan speed up which dropped the temp only a few degrees.
You need an actual liquid sensor, like one of these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monso...ug-chrome.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquac...or-vision.html

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in