Recommendations for a custom loop for a quiet extreme rig (Core i7-9900K + GeForce RTX 2080 Ti) - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Recommendations for a custom loop for a quiet extreme rig (Core i7-9900K + GeForce RTX 2080 Ti)

post #101 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Abaidor View Post
I have this pump and it is a quality part besides what many people think of EK. Their Derlin parts are really well machined and the holders on this part are great too. The pumps are....well Laing made so no worries there. With that said it is a BIG part and should one get it make sure you study all the diagrams on EK's site since it needs its space...I got creative to mount it in my case (Cosmos 2 modded) so that it does not restrict airflow.

I had to raise its "feet" so I that it was at the center of the big fan (dead zone) and also have space to install a drain valve....anyway this is not finishes yet and I will change things soon to hard tubes, illuminated floor, some plexi / aluminium cover pieces, sleeved cables and other....

The way it is mounted does not cause any vibrations (running @ 50% both pumps) since the holder brackets have rubber inside holding the pumps. I am very satisfied so far after 8 months of use.
Nice buid!

Do you think shoggy is pintless in your case?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
If you want it quiet then you will need to lower you fan speed as well as pump speed. My PC is definatley more quiet with fan speed at the lowest as well as the D5 pump on 3.5 speed instead of 5. I use rubber feet on my pump top/res mount and that also helps. My case is also silenced with dampening mats but despite all these measures I can still "hear" my PC when gaming, mainly the corsair fans they have a sound of a diesel engine and the pump has several noises.

In other words use quality fans that are quiet and push good amount of air on low speed as well as rubber feet (if you go with an EK top/res you get included rubber mount). Different top/res has different noises, I had an old EK D5 top/res and it was pretty quiet, this alphacool I have now have some noise that is impossible to get rid of despite being mounted with rubber feet, I think the sound resonates in the tank or something, it gets even worse when the water level is above 2/3 in the tank. Manufacturers definatley need some RND in the noise department because this alphacool is just a joke.

post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
If you want it quiet then you will need to lower you fan speed as well as pump speed. My PC is definatley more quiet with fan speed at the lowest as well as the D5 pump on 3.5 speed instead of 5. I use rubber feet on my pump top/res mount and that also helps. My case is also silenced with dampening mats but despite all these measures I can still "hear" my PC when gaming, mainly the corsair fans they have a sound of a diesel engine and the pump has several noises.

In other words use quality fans that are quiet and push good amount of air on low speed as well as rubber feet (if you go with an EK top/res you get included rubber mount). Different top/res has different noises, I had an old EK D5 top/res and it was pretty quiet, this alphacool I have now have some noise that is impossible to get rid of despite being mounted with rubber feet, I think the sound resonates in the tank or something, it gets even worse when the water level is above 2/3 in the tank. Manufacturers definatley need some RND in the noise department because this alphacool is just a joke.
What about this? https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...nal-laing.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in