What pumps are better than the Phobya DC12-400 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

What pumps are better than the Phobya DC12-400

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:05 AM
roaming in his fishtank

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
As much as I know this will be met with the usual "yeah, but if you XYZ", I am still going to go ahead and point out that the statement is incorrect, that essentially anyone who has used a D5 and DDC will confirm that DDC are louder, and that dB doesn't even tell the whole story since the tonality of a DDC is far more invasive than that of a D5.

If i'm not wrong the mcp350 is a ddc 3.1 and the mcp355 is a ddc 3.2, and i know that the 3.25 is said to be a bit quieter (but not how much) and i speak only on my experience with the 3.25.
Never owning a d5 i can't state a comparison and (for now) i can't find any sound review of the 3.25.

edit: the only document i found is this one https://hw-lab.com/summary-of-laing-ddc-pumps.html/3 and it confuse me comparing it to your graph because in it the mcp35x go up to ~47db while in the one i found they say max 32 db ??
edit2: i found why the difference ,in the graph it's the mcp35X (didn't know it exist my bad) and it is said to be louder than all the others ddc, but by this much ??

Last edited by poisson21; 01-11-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Thanks for all the replies guys

Been here since 2007. I love OCN
The OCN Loud Rig Club
Ryzen
(15 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
MSI 1080Ti Duke OC 11gb
RAM
Adata DDR4 2800 XPG Flame 16GB x 1
RAM
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 16gb
Hard Drive
1 SSD and 6 HDD's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w Supernova
Cooling
XSPC CPU block - Phobya pump - Lightech Water Tower - 2 340mm rads.
Case
Thermaltake v71
Operating System
W 10 Pro 64
Monitor
Samsung 22'' 2253BW - LG 23'' IPS
Keyboard
Microsoft Natural
Mouse
Logi MX518
Mouse
Aluminum Dell XPS
Audio
Behringer 192 USB mixer to Presonus Eris E5 studio monitors
▲ hide details ▲
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:17 AM
ORL
H20 only!

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
Just hopping in here really quick.

I have been using DDC pumps for probably over 15 years now in water cooling builds. Never once, and I mean NEVER have I ever needed a heat sink on the pump. 2 of the original three pumps I have are still in operation and have been in many builds. Only one pump has failed and it was no fault of its own, it was my fault in a physical damage situation. The idea of those pumps requiring a heat sink is ludicrous. The pumps do run a bit hotter than some other pumps, but its by design and does not effect the performance.

With that said, there are heat sinks out there for these pumps, and honestly its about style. Not functionality. If anyone ever tells you that your DDC pump requires a heatsink, roll your eyes and walk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:20 AM
News Fiend

Quote: Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Just hopping in here really quick.

I have been using DDC pumps for probably over 15 years now in water cooling builds. Never once, and I mean NEVER have I ever needed a heat sink on the pump. 2 of the original three pumps I have are still in operation and have been in many builds. Only one pump has failed and it was no fault of its own, it was my fault in a physical damage situation. The idea of those pumps requiring a heat sink is ludicrous. The pumps do run a bit hotter than some other pumps, but its by design and does not effect the performance.

With that said, there are heat sinks out there for these pumps, and honestly its about style. Not functionality. If anyone ever tells you that your DDC pump requires a heatsink, roll your eyes and walk away.
Its true they don't need heatsinks but in a very low restriction loop running full tilt they can put out a fair amount of heat so some airflow at minimum is recommended. Them needing sinks notion came about way back when because people were putting pads under them for sound dampening which either melted the pad or killed the pump.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have had a DDC mp355 running since 2010, its seen 1 loop disintegrate due to galvanic corrosion (cause of stupid), cleaned it and put it back into current loop but lately it started to drop CPU signal so I am replacing it shortly already have a D5 ready to go in but finding the time is complete different story. At first I thought it was the PSU tripping out but finally had 1 instance after the reboot halted at the post screen with missing cpu fan speed, went into bios magically fixing itself. So figured it was only a matter of time. On top of that the flow in the res looks low.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in