i7 5820k Overheating with a H115i - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

i7 5820k Overheating with a H115i

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:05 AM
Retired Staff
JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Performance should be great. Rad, pump and block have a proven track record of great performance. Unfortunately, the pump also has a reliability track record, and it isn't good - https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...-problems.html

AC initially said it would be a D5 in there, then opted for the 755 to cut down cost. Maybe having the 755 mated with a top and housing specifically made for it will help. But what if it doesn't? Will AC continue to use "not our problem" as a customer service model? If so, that's a big issue.
I assume by purchasing the whole package, they would have to support the pump for the lifetime of the warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
I assume by purchasing the whole package, they would have to support the pump for the lifetime of the warranty.
One would think.....but the people who bought the VP755s separately assumed they would have a warranty, as well.

JMHO, but I would avoid this unit until there are some reports out there showing them actually working for a fair amount of time. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 03:14 PM
Retired Staff
JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road JedixJarf is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
I'm still wanting to see some performance figures on it. Also, out of stock.
Just saw this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Just saw this.
Wow....what a surprise that he credits his big sponsor EK with having done this before, while not mentioning that Swiftech did it years earlier. Guy is nothing but a shill....

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Retired Staff

Wow....what a surprise that he credits his big sponsor EK with having done this before, while not mentioning that Swiftech did it years earlier. Guy is nothing but a shill....
To be fair, that was pretty forgettable.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 PM
Shooting down fallacies

To be fair, that was pretty forgettable.
Yeah.....I guess something that had an entire first run leak is far more memorable than the better performing design it was playing catch up to......

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Retired Staff

Yeah.....I guess something that had an entire first run leak is far more memorable than the better performing design it was playing catch up to......
I have one of the swiftech units out in the garage, that pump was super loud and the tubes turned yellow within a year, but it was a good unit for what I needed at the time.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 04:34 AM
Shooting down fallacies

I have one of the swiftech units out in the garage, that pump was super loud and the tubes turned yellow within a year, but it was a good unit for what I needed at the time.
I'm really not debating which was better, merely pointing out that Jay always goes out of his way to push EK when it isn't due, which makes his info unreliable at times. He was one of EK's biggest tools (pun intended) in their marketing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in