Weird behave of D5 ..... any ideea? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Weird behave of D5 ..... any ideea?

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:36 PM
New to Overclock.net
Jidonsu Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by um2802 View Post
Ok, i did the test.
And now i am more confused.
So, i switch the red arrow from 5 down below to 1, at the position 1 the pump is had no vibration, barely hearing, the speed it is around 1850 rpm and the flow it is 0.0 L/ h
I really do not understand....
This is the flow meter : https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product...oducts_id=2294
That's not surprising. Depending the amount of restriction in the loop, sometimes you get next to zero flow below a certain rpm.

Also, the flow meter won't be accurate without a calibration. You also don't really want any turns immediate before or after the meter, and since you have it plugged directly into a radiator, you're introducing some turbulence. I assume that may mess with the pressure drop measure that the flowmeter uses. Aquacomputer also recommends at least 5cm of tubing before and after it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:37 AM
New to Overclock.net
broodro0ster Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
That's not surprising. Depending the amount of restriction in the loop, sometimes you get next to zero flow below a certain rpm.

Also, the flow meter won't be accurate without a calibration. You also don't really want any turns immediate before or after the meter, and since you have it plugged directly into a radiator, you're introducing some turbulence. I assume that may mess with the pressure drop measure that the flowmeter uses. Aquacomputer also recommends at least 5cm of tubing before and after it.
This is true for the MPS pressure sensors, but TS has the mechanical version which should be very accurate. I suspect that his one is failing or clogged up.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
um2802 Level 1

I will be out of town few days, but when return, i will opened it to see if it is something wrong, hardware, in case of not, i will mount in another position in the loop.
Another thing i noticed, when the temp of water go up - 34 / 36 degree C, the flow incline to decrease around 52 / 54 L/h, that fact point something wrong in loop or it is normal behavior of rising water temp?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
jura11 is an unknown quantity at this point jura11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be out of town few days, but when return, i will opened it to see if it is something wrong, hardware, in case of not, i will mount in another position in the loop.
Another thing i noticed, when the temp of water go up - 34 / 36 degree C, the flow incline to decrease around 52 / 54 L/h, that fact point something wrong in loop or it is normal behavior of rising water temp?
Hi there

Hard to say, but in my case higher water temperature usually will rise water flow

Have look I'm running 4*360mm radiators plus MO-ra3 360mm and with Aquacomputer Kryos CPU block and 4*GPUs with EK GPU WB and my flow is around 141-142LPH if water temperature is around 18-20°C, when water temperature drops bellow 15°C or lessmy flow drops to 137LPH but when water temperature rise above 24°C my flow is around 149LPH, I have done few tests lately

In yours case hard to say why you getting no flow at all or some flow

My loop is pretty large with multiple 90° fittings in total around 12 I think, but I'm running two pairs of QDC fittings and multiple pumps(XSPC D5 Vario which is on my Monsoon MMRS reservoir, EK DDC 3.2 PWM Elite edition which is hidden in pedestal basement with another Barrow 17w DDC pump)

This is my loop

https://i.imgur.com/k2niFTP.jpg

At that moment I run only 3*GPUs setup and I changed motherboard for ASRock X99 WS and added to loop extra GPU or 4th RTX 2080Ti and changed tubing from Mayhems UV White to EK ZMT

I assume you are running Aquaero or do you have Aquacomputer Aquasuite?

With Aquacomputer High Flow shouldn't matter where is yours flow sensor located and what coolant are you running?

Assume you are not running Pastel coolant or do you?

I know MPS400 or any MPS sensor you shouldn't run with pastel coolants as they can clog the sensor

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
um2802 Level 1

I have Quadro controller from Aquacomputer and Aquacomputer Aquasuite.
Nope, no color fluid, mayhem clear.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net
Ashcroft Level 1

This could be a case of air trapped in one of the rads. That loop should be producing over 200l/h with no trouble.

The mechanical flow metres from AC are pretty reliable so though it's always possible a fault exists, the fact that a reading is provided at all suggests there could be other issues.

Large air bubbles can produce low and variable flow rates.

Please ensure to let us know what you find out.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
um2802 Level 1

Hi there,

Small update, i just order a new pump - same vario - and another flow-meter.
When received, i will change the FM position to see any behavior modification.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
um2802 Level 1

Ok, some update :

I change the next items : gpu WB - i remove the phantek strix block and replaced with ek strix wb, the flow-meter was replaced with same model and the pump was replaced with D5 vario pump from AC.
The result : at the power the sistem, the flow it is around 212 L/h and decrese around 195.5 L/h where is stabilize until now - 45 min from power up.
Much better i said, but i really do not have any ideea the initial manifestation has been generated from.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Ok, some update :

I change the next items : gpu WB - i remove the phantek strix block and replaced with ek strix wb,
Isn't the EK a slightly more restrictive than the Phanteks? Not sure why you would replace a Phanteks block with an EK block, especially when your issue was flow problems.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
um2802 Level 1

I check the pump - nothing wrong - the old one, i check the flow-meter(old) - nothing wrong with that too, so i think the wb could be the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in