Water Cooling virgin spec check - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water Cooling virgin spec check

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Goooober Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Looks good. But, with the triple port end cap you will need to plugs. Two ports get plugged, the other will be for the return from your loop. So, just add one more plug. Also, the plugs and tension rodscome in a multitude of colors if you wanted to do any type of accent color.
Thanks again. I'll have to give it some more thought as I run the risk of speccing ugly colours if i deviate from black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:34 AM
ORL
H20 only!
ORL Level 1

Id also like to jump in and recommend an alternative product line here as well. Both of these will come from Aquatuning US but they will be easy to find in EU as they are EU companies.

This is a pump top/res combo from Aqua Computer in Germany. It has a few different sizes and from what I read is a very nice product. I actually ordered one and it will arrive this week to judge for myself if it will replace other parts.

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...dc-150-ml-g1/4

Obviously this pump top model is for the DDC pumps and I believe there are alternative models as well if your not friendly to the DDC units, for whatever reason. Either way, here is a fantastic priced combo for the DDC pumps from Alphacool. For icing on the cake, this model even comes with the Heatsink shell!

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...-edition-black

I have been running DDC pumps for about 15ish years I think? And honestly never have had an issue with them, and the part selection for the DDC pump base is astounding!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Id also like to jump in and recommend an alternative product line here as well. Both of these will come from Aquatuning US but they will be easy to find in EU as they are EU companies.

This is a pump top/res combo from Aqua Computer in Germany. It has a few different sizes and from what I read is a very nice product. I actually ordered one and it will arrive this week to judge for myself if it will replace other parts.

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...dc-150-ml-g1/4

Obviously this pump top model is for the DDC pumps and I believe there are alternative models as well if your not friendly to the DDC units, for whatever reason. Either way, here is a fantastic priced combo for the DDC pumps from Alphacool. For icing on the cake, this model even comes with the Heatsink shell!

https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...-edition-black

I have been running DDC pumps for about 15ish years I think? And honestly never have had an issue with them, and the part selection for the DDC pump base is astounding!
There is an Aqualis D5 - https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...ml-g1/4?c=6509

They are nicely made units. Personally, I think the Monsoon MMRS are a lot nicer looking. The Aqualis looks off with a D5, also. And I can understand the OP preferring a D5, the sound of a DDC is really grating to some (myself included).

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:56 AM
ORL
H20 only!
ORL Level 1

There is an Aqualis D5 - https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cool...ml-g1/4?c=6509

They are nicely made units. Personally, I think the Monsoon MMRS are a lot nicer looking. The Aqualis looks off with a D5, also. And I can understand the OP preferring a D5, the sound of a DDC is really grating to some (myself included).
Maybe it's my old age or being used to it but, I don't ever hear my DDC pumps after the initial start up. But I also do mount my pumps suspended in air with grommets, so it might not be producing the noise you have heard in the past.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 AM
ORL
H20 only!
ORL Level 1

Just looked at the Monsoon MMS, as I haven't built in ages and honestly I think its new to me.

#1 Its Acrylic and clear... Does it ship pre-scratched or do you apply them yourself? Borosilicate Glass all the way.
#2 That tactical and overly designed styles to appeal to the modern look of "a Transformer crashed through my wall like the Coolaid man and took a dump on my desk" is not my style lol.

This is for me now, OP it doesn't mean you need to make these decisions, so keep that in mind, I am just a fan of a computer looking like well... a computer haha.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Maybe it's my old age or being used to it but, I don't ever hear my DDC pumps after the initial start up. But I also do mount my pumps suspended in air with grommets, so it might not be producing the noise you have heard in the past.
Individuals hear differently, and it is all a personal thing. If I had a dime for everything described as "dead silent" on OCN that I can't even stand to be in the same room with.....

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
ORL
H20 only!
ORL Level 1

Individuals hear differently, and it is all a personal thing. If I had a dime for everything described as "dead silent" on OCN that I can't even stand to be in the same room with.....
Hah, I understand that 100%
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Goooober Level 1

Having watched the video above i'm not sure if it's possible to mount it on the floor of my case. He also mentions drilling holes which is something i'd rather avoid doing.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:46 PM
ORL
H20 only!
ORL Level 1

I do not know what works with that particular setup, but many D5 and DDC pump mounting options are out there. Search for DDC Mounting brackets, or D5 mounting Brackets in google. You will see a lot out there, Alphacool, Barrow, EK, Bitspower, Heatkiller, all kinds of companies make or make them. Unfortunately not all brackets are compatible with the basic pump and may require for example in Heatkillers case, it requires their specific res. Barrow and Bitspower I know for sure make universtal mounting platforms that attach to fans or fan spacing holes anyways.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Quote: Originally Posted by Goooober View Post

Having watched the video above i'm not sure if it's possible to mount it on the floor of my case. He also mentions drilling holes which is something i'd rather avoid doing.
Are you looking to mount it horizontally? I'm a little confused.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in