Water Cooling virgin spec check - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water Cooling virgin spec check

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Are you looking to mount it horizontally? I'm a little confused.
No, just vertically secured to the "floor" of my case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by Goooober View Post
No, just vertically secured to the "floor" of my case.
Got it. Monsoon doesn't make a mount for the bottom. You would want to use the fan/rad mounts, which would allow you to mount to any of the fan openings on the intake or side panel - https://www.performance-pcs.com/mmrs...kit-120mm.html

They are available in 120 and 140mm mounting sizes.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Got it. Monsoon doesn't make a mount for the bottom. You would want to use the fan/rad mounts, which would allow you to mount to any of the fan openings on the intake or side panel - https://www.performance-pcs.com/mmrs...kit-120mm.html

They are available in 120 and 140mm mounting sizes.
Seems like they just aren't available in the UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:36 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Seems like they just aren't available in the UK
That's a shame. You could pretty easily fashion something similar.

Or, if you really want to mount to the bottom of the case, go with the Heatkiller.

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

That's a shame. You could pretty easily fashion something similar.

Or, if you really want to mount to the bottom of the case, go with the Heatkiller.
I'll have a look at the Heatkiller.

Do you have any opinions on radiators? I dont know whether to go EK, XSPC, Black Ice, Alphacool etc. etc. I'd like to keep the cost around £70 for a 360mm.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 AM
News Fiend

Monsoon actually does have a vertical mounting kit MMRS-MT-VRT Chrome link for example https://www.performance-pcs.com/mons...nt-chrome.html I did a quick search on the overclockers uk site and didn't see it maybe you could try contacting them?

Quote: Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Just looked at the Monsoon MMS, as I haven't built in ages and honestly I think its new to me.

#1 Its Acrylic and clear... Does it ship pre-scratched or do you apply them yourself? Borosilicate Glass all the way.
#2 That tactical and overly designed styles to appeal to the modern look of "a Transformer crashed through my wall like the Coolaid man and took a dump on my desk" is not my style lol.

This is for me now, OP it doesn't mean you need to make these decisions, so keep that in mind, I am just a fan of a computer looking like well... a computer haha.
It is designed that way because it uses compression instead of threading on the tube to keep everything sealed therefore removing the main failure point that plague many reservoirs. To each their own on aesthetics.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by ryan92084; 01-24-2019 at 05:07 AM.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:11 AM
Shooting down fallacies

I'll have a look at the Heatkiller.

Do you have any opinions on radiators? I dont know whether to go EK, XSPC, Black Ice, Alphacool etc. etc. I'd like to keep the cost around £70 for a 360mm.
It depends where the rad is going to be placed, simply because the HWL rads don't fit in some locations of that case. It also depends on your goal, is it silence or lowest possible temps regardless of it sounding like someone is vacuuming your room?

Here is a good look at some 360mm rads - https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/1...-round-2015/5/

I'm partial to HWL GTS and SR2 rads because I like silence. With that said, if I couldn't fit an HWL, I would use an XSPC RX V3 (which I have in several builds for that reason).

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It depends where the rad is going to be placed, simply because the HWL rads don't fit in some locations of that case. It also depends on your goal, is it silence or lowest possible temps regardless of it sounding like someone is vacuuming your room?

Here is a good look at some 360mm rads - https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/1...-round-2015/5/

I'm partial to HWL GTS and SR2 rads because I like silence. With that said, if I couldn't fit an HWL, I would use an XSPC RX V3 (which I have in several builds for that reason).
I'm definitely prioritizing silence over outright performance. I didn't realize radiators were a contributing factor to sound levels?

Ultimately i'll end up with 2 360mm rads once i add the a GPU to the loop, and the plan in my head was one up top and one on the bottom/floor. I haven't yet worked out if having one on the bottom/floor would leave enough room to mount the pump/res.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Shooting down fallacies

I'm definitely prioritizing silence over outright performance. I didn't realize radiators were a contributing factor to sound levels?

Ultimately i'll end up with 2 360mm rads once i add the a GPU to the loop, and the plan in my head was one up top and one on the bottom/floor. I haven't yet worked out if having one on the bottom/floor would leave enough room to mount the pump/res.
Different rads react differently to airflow and are designed for efficiency at different airflow levels. If you look at the charts in the link I posted, you will see a far different performance order in the rads as the speed increases. So, rads make a difference in sound in as much as some simply don't need as much airflow to work effectively. If you are prioritizing silence, an Nemesis 360 GTS on top, and an SR-2 on the bottom is a pretty unbeatable combo in the PC-O11. There are a couple of threads here from users who have done exactly that.

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Different rads react differently to airflow and are designed for efficiency at different airflow levels. If you look at the charts in the link I posted, you will see a far different performance order in the rads as the speed increases. So, rads make a difference in sound in as much as some simply don't need as much airflow to work effectively. If you are prioritizing silence, an Nemesis 360 GTS on top, and an SR-2 on the bottom is a pretty unbeatable combo in the PC-O11. There are a couple of threads here from users who have done exactly that.
Thanks for that. Can i ask why one GTS and one SR2 instead of two GTS' or two SR2s?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in