Recommended 360mm Rad and 140mm Rad - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Recommended 360mm Rad and 140mm Rad

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Recommended 360mm Rad and 140mm Rad

I am looking to replace my current radiators with something a little more higher end. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what my 360mm rad is as i bought it in 2012 and don't remember the manufacturer or specs (can't find my purchase history of it either) but my 140mm Rad is a EK SE 140 a poor choice I admit and its showing. Since the 140mm will be mounted on the exterior of the case in the rear I will be doing the push/pull method with 2 Corsair ML140's, and my 360 currently has 3 Noctua NF-F12's which I think are sufficient for a 360 rad. I am unsure if I even neeed to replace the 360mm but if I'm going to replace the 140 might as well replace the other. Also this time I will know what it is. I was looking at getting a pair, the Black Ice Nemesis GTX360 and similar 140mm model. Are these rated high for a higher end X299 system? I also looking at Alphacool's Nexxos UT60 360mm (and 140mm model) With EK's XE 360 coming in a distant third. My first instinct is to go with the Blace Ice models but I want to be sure first. Does anyone have experience with these?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
I have a lot of experience with all of the aforementioned, as well as a number of others. Personally, I use HWL ads exclusively at this point unless there are width issues, in which case I will use an XSPC RX V3. However, I'm not a big fan of the GTX and GTR, as they are designed for higher speed fans and need more air to cool efficiently than the GTS or SR2. Since I strongly prefer a low noise setup, this makes a lot more sense for me.

Lots of good info on performance can be found here - https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/1...-round-2015/5/

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yes thank you for the link I was reading that review site before posting here lots of useful information! Since my fans are not really "low RPM" I suppose the GTX series would be sufficient for high end cooling?

Also I believe my current 360 is either a Swiftech or XSPC. But I am not 100% sure and I especially do not remember the model.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by Montoya1 View Post
Yes thank you for the link I was reading that review site before posting here lots of useful information! Since my fans are not really "low RPM" I suppose the GTX series would be sufficient for high end cooling?

Also I believe my current 360 is either a Swiftech or XSPC. But I am not 100% sure and I especially do not remember the model.
It's not a question of the rpm range your fans are capable of, it is a question of what your goal is to run them at. If noise is of absolutely no concern, the GTX is a great rad. If you are like most people that would like to keep their fans under 1300 rpm due to the noise, the GTS and SR2 offer better performance in that range.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
It's not a question of the rpm range your fans are capable of, it is a question of what your goal is to run them at. If noise is of absolutely no concern, the GTX is a great rad. If you are like most people that would like to keep their fans under 1300 rpm due to the noise, the GTS and SR2 offer better performance in that range.
Thank you. The noise generated by the Nocuta for me is minimal even at near 100% speed. Of course i use my BIOS fan controller to set the speed so when its idling the fans are spinning at only 35%.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So I went ahead and ordered the HWL Black Ice rads from PPC. These should be a lot more efficient than my current rads. I really wish I could find out what my current 360 rad is. Its like it doesn't exist

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:27 AM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
If you were looking at XSPC they have a new slim radiator TX360. It's 20mm thick but performs about on par with 30mm radiators.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/XSPC/TX360/5.html

(480 version http://thermalbench.com/2018/09/25/x...in-radiator/4/ )

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
If you were looking at XSPC they have a new slim radiator TX360. It's 20mm thick but performs about on par with 30mm radiators.

Thank you though I already ordered the Black Ice Radiators. I don't mind a thicker radiator as I run higher RPM fans. But these certainly look very nice.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post

Bad that there is no radiator for a 140 mm fan.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I agree. In my experience a 140mm fan and rad perform much better than a 120mm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in