Short Runs PETG - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Short Runs PETG

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Short Runs PETG

So, I have a couple of short runs and I am not sure how to deal with getting them into the fittings. Nobody shows these in videos. If you know any, please post. I can get one end in fine but how do I get the other end in. I have a run down from the radiator to the pump in my small Micro ATX case. It's not perfectly straight but offset just about an inch. Total run is about 8 inches. Neither the radiator nor the pump are movable, so if I cut the tubing to length, I won't have any slack to get the tube into the fitting. My options are cut the tubing short and get half way into the fitting on both ends or try to heat up the tubing and bend it into the fitting and hope i don't deform it which is very likely. I have a similar run from my graphics card to my rear radiator and it is even shorter, I think 4-5 inches. I can put an unnecessary bend in this run because I have room for it and that might give me a little flex but not a lot. With my first run from the rad to the pump, an extra bend is not an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I used a rotary fitting. It let me install the rigid compression fitting with tube in place, by turning the rotary fitting in to place.

rotary fitting**>rigid compression fitting>PETG<rigid compression fitting<**rotary fitting

**Any kind of fitting that allows "rotation" should work, like 45', 90' snake fittings etc;.

You twist the knurled part of the rotary. It's hard on the fingers :-\ but it works.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
One of my fittings is a rotary. I think that will help but not sure if I will be able to get it all the way in. I think I am going to run soft down to the pump, this will make draining a lot easier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in