Radiator Setup Question - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Radiator Setup Question

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
Ashcroft Level 1

While more rads of course seems like an obvious benefit, in my testing with a similar layout a single fan rear rad provided no reduction to coolant temp and only seemed to reduce overall system airflow. A simple fan is better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
cneuhauser

Evolv... dual loop system

I already have a dual loop system running in this case, it's a tight fit but it can be done.

However, the issue I see in your case is both being intake, and I'll tell you why:

1) The front intake radiator is going to have issues with cooling if you try using a push config whereby you have the radiator inside the case, and the fans attached to it just inside that front RGB panel (between panel and chasis); trust me I've already put a 360 rad on the front, then the fans went where the dust filter was. The issue with this is that the front panel completely restricts the air flow of those fans...the difference in cooling temps is significant, I'm talking 4c - 6c with that front panel on. I've completely removed my front panel so my 3 Be Quiet Wing3's can breath properly. If you decide to do a "pull" config where the fans are inside the structure of the case, then I don't see a problem.

2) The top... ugh... there's not enough space between the chasis and that top panel for a push config going into the case (God I wish). So right now my 360 rad on top is blowing out, and I'm seeing pretty damn good temps. If you'd like pics, let me know and I can email them, and a video to you. I can also email you a video on the temperature difference with that front panel on; it was a frightening difference in temps. My next purchase will be a modded front panel, or just cutting a big fat hole in the front on my own.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
jelome1989 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post
absolutely not. it will cause the water temp to increase.
now for some hard questions, how fast are the fans you have attached to the radiators?
are they setup as all intake?
do you have a exhaust fan or fans?
Still haven't finished the build. But yes, I will set all the fans as intake. 5 Corsair ML140 Pros. The speed will depend on my noise preference. So ye, I think it's wise not to use the back rad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:43 AM
New to Overclock.net
OneFunGenesis Level 1

Thanks for all of this. It as actually answers my question as well. I will ditch my rear radiator when I move things around in my case.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 AM
New to Overclock.net
pgdeaner Level 1

add a fan

I think you will be fine with both rads on intake.

If you have a space to mount an exhaust fan I would do that rather than adding a rad. While it's true that the air will find it's way out of your case on it's own I have run into issues after long periods without exhaust on a similar setup.

If you switch one of your rads to exhaust you will just be pulling warm air from inside your case which is not as efficient.

Without an exhaust fan you can end up with stagnant areas of warm air around areas like your VRMs which is not good. There is a reason that the case designer created a ginormous hole at the back of the case right behind the area where the CPU/VRMs live. It's to ensure proper airflow over those areas.

Good luck

“Who you are is defined by what you’re willing to struggle for.”― Mark Manson
Nuka Cola
(0 items)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in