why are my temps so high? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

why are my temps so high?

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 11:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have an AIO 360 rad and i had the rad as exhaust for some time and the temps on my 2700x would reach about 55c on stock, which looked kinda high as my room is cold about 18-20c on average and flipping the fans to intake lowered my temps to 45 at max load (stock) so i'm happy, its actually boosts to 4,050 most of the time.

Just flip the fans to intake and make sure you have other fans set as exhaust.

Cheers.

CPU:2700x|Cooler:H150i PRO|Mobo:C7H|Ram:2x16GB 3200 CL14|GPU:RTX 2080TI|SSD1:970 EVO 1TB|SSD2:2x500GB Raid 0|HDD:3TB WD|Case:Lian Li O11B Dynamic|PSU:EVGA G2 750W|Monitor:LG 34UM95 3440x1440x60hz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Mmmm donuts.....

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Vidati View Post
I have an AIO 360 rad and i had the rad as exhaust for some time and the temps on my 2700x would reach about 55c on stock, which looked kinda high as my room is cold about 18-20c on average and flipping the fans to intake lowered my temps to 45 at max load (stock) so i'm happy, its actually boosts to 4,050 most of the time.

Just flip the fans to intake and make sure you have other fans set as exhaust.

Cheers.
I boost to 4050 on all cores easy, 6 cores does about 4.1-4.2 and thats without tweaking anything but im on a custom loop with a v64 in the loop as well. Switching to intake fans is great but you need to monitor other temps to see if they take a dive, id rather have 55°C core temps and low VRM temps then 45°C and high vrm temps.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz CL16
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in