EX360 Multiport perfect radiator for my use? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

EX360 Multiport perfect radiator for my use?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
EX360 Multiport perfect radiator for my use?

I am replacing a noisy old Swiftech H220X with a custom loop inside of a Corsair Obsidian 750D. Space is VERY tight if I upgrade to a 3x120mm radiator in this case. I'm stuck choosing between slim radiators and it looks like the XSPC EX360 Multiport is the only option that makes sense. The fillport on my H220X is on the front side of the radiator so I can tip the entire case on its back and that fillport becomes the highest point in the loop. The EX360 Multiport has a port in roughly the same location, just an extra 120mm further forward and almost to the front of the 5 1/4" cage. I would still have a single optical drive in the bottom (of 3) slot of that cage so I'm going to need two 90° fittings to angle the tubing back towards the center of the case where one routes to the CPU waterblock and the other down to the pump.

This loop will be as simple as can be. A single radiator with 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 fans running to an Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU waterblock (currently i7-6700K, eventually Ryzen 3xxx), and the loop completed by a XTOP Revo D5 PWM mounted on the EK-UNI pump bracket in the bottom center 120/140mm fan opening. No reservoir is included or even needed in this loop because like I said, once you tip the whole thing backwards 90° that front port on the radiator becomes the perfect place to bleed air and top off the coolant. The waterblock is brand "new" been sitting in my house 2 years now originally planned for the Ryzen 1800X but that didn't impress me enough so I waited and waited... My fans are great (already owned 2 for the H220X and just purchased the 3rd I'll need), the pump I bought is overkill for this simple loop, so the only downside to all this is again that this is a slim radiator and not even one of the better performing ones on the market. This seems like the best plan I can go with that doesn't involve buying a bigger case.

In addition my GPU is a Fury X whose radiator/fan occupies the back 120/140mm fan opening. This radiator extends slightly below my current H220X, and would as well with whatever radiator replaces it. Obviously whenever I upgrade the GPU this space opens up and can be used to add a 140mm radiator if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Watercooling_setup_7.png
Views:	5
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	257930  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
It would be much simpler if I moved the Fury X radiator to the bottom of the case and put the D5 on the back top because then the radiator can be flipped around with the ports just inches away. I'm worried about orienting the Fury X in this direction though because that puts the pump at the highest spot and who knows how much coolant has evaporated through the tubing by now. AMD always recommended it be in the orientation I have it.

Last edited by DedEmbryonicCe1; 03-08-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in