Modified H80i v2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Modified H80i v2

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Modified H80i v2

I own two Corsair H80i V2 AIO Coolers. I own a huge Thermaltake Tower 900 Case.

The Tower 900 Case is designed for water cooling. Radiators are designed to be placed in the back of the case with plumbing running to the blocks and reservoirs in front.
The H80i cannot be configured in this way without modifying the case, (cutting a piece out of the case.)

Money is extremely tight at the moment. I cannot afford the Custom loops envisioned when I purchased the case.

Here is what I want to do. Please tell me if this is possible and/or desirable:

Phase 1 (Cheap!)

1: Remove tubing from the H80i and drain the loop
2: Replace tubing with PVC soft tubing using clamps to secure the barb fittings
3: Use Prestone Automotive 50/50 mix as coolant. This is Ethylene Glycol based without salts or silicates. This also is anticorrosive

Phase 2
4: Buy Thermaltake PR22-D5 Plus Pump Reservoir and add to loop (Need to save up as this would cost nearly $300CAD)

Phase 3
5: Buy Copper radiator for loop. I have plenty of Corsair 120mm and 140mm LL fans
6: Switch to traditional Coolant - Mayhems?

Phase 4
7: Replace H80i block with EKWB EK-FB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock

Phase 5
8: Switch to Hard Tubing

Advice/Opinions welcome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 03:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Why not run a cheap air cooler tell you can get a custom loop fully ?Or the way to use that aio with out it looking ghetto is easy.Either mount the rad on top of the bottom center part of the case that holds the 2 hard drives.It has a fan mount their.Or take the motherboard tray out and the lower piece with the extra grommets for e-atx.Install the aio install the motherboard tray with the rad behind the motherboard tray.If you leave that lower piece with the extra grommets out will give you hose room and just mount the rad in the rear.And i wouldn't buy anything water cooling from Thermaltake they are kinda the lowest grade water cooling parts made.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in