Budget baller build. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Budget baller build.

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 5)
Budget baller build.

So I have this spare mini ITX build laying around and decided to throw a cheap loop together for fun. I used a bunch of stuff I already had, but I will include what I paid for stuff I bought for this project.

Case is a Rosewill Neutron which is basically a knockoff of a Caselabs Mercury S3. These are pretty large for Mini ITX... About the size of a small powered subwoofer.

Board is an ASRock B85M-ITX with a G3258. Even though it's not a Z board it still allows overclocking. I think it was at 4Ghz on the aircooler... Still leak testing, but I will see what this combo can do.

This all basically started when I was looking for something to add to my cart to use the discount code for St Patrick's day at Performance PC's. I found this cool looking GTX 460 block for $30 and then picked up a used GTX 460 for $24 shipped off eBay.

I picked up the older EK radiator with the NF-P14s Redux for $16.50 +$0 shipping since it was combined with another order from the same seller
I'm calling the white spray painted EK radiator $free. I paid $13.50 + $12 Shipping for 2 ML140 Pro fans, and the radiator just came with it.

Feser TFC F1 Racing compression fittings and rotary angle adapters were $0.99 each from FrozenCPU. Using 7 of them in this build.

One triple rotary Bitspower $5 new from eBay.

there is one new EK double rotary in there... I think it was $10

One Swiftech fitting $6

the one EK fitting and barb fitting were things I had laying around... It ain't a budget build without at least one barb right? lol

The EK pump/res was part of a lot of other stuff I bought and was untested which bit me in the ass later. The XSPC pump/res used to be a single bay unit that I cut down and just mounted with double sided mounting tape.

XSPC Raystom block and clear tubing I had laying around as well.

Turns out my mystery EK pump has a crack on the out port. 10 minutes into leak test and chill I noticed a little drip. Though I just forgot to tighten the fitting... Tightened it and the leak was MUCH worse. I have been having great luck lately. Swapped it out for the old XSPC and it's humming along just fine now.

Loop order is Pump>Top Rad>CPU>GPU>Front Rad>Pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RIP EK.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	262614  

Name:	crack kills.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	262616  

Name:	bb4.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	262618  

Name:	bb3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	262620  

Name:	bb2.jpg
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	262622  

Name:	bb1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	262624  

Name:	bb5.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	262626  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in