New Radiator? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New Radiator?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
Programmer
 
BradleyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 28,399
Rep: 1554 (Unique: 1016)
New Radiator?

So I'm looking to retire my old Phobya V2 Copper radiators. The 360mm and 420mm versions. Both are around 45mm thick.

I've been looking at the EK SE and the Magicool G2 Slim or Pro III.

The G2 seems to be very cheap (£40) and beats the EK SE in reviews. For £7 I can get the Pro III (G2 but thicker I think).

I'm basically looking for new 360mm radiators at affordable prices but better performance than my old Phobya radiators. Would do you experts say on the matter?

I plan to run the loop in a Tt X71 Core.

Thank you.

Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.


BradleyW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,377
Rep: 142 (Unique: 100)
I have this Magicool 360 radiator than 45mm thick and run a 8600K and GTX1070 with Gentle Typhoon 2150 fans with no issues...just make sure you clean it with vinegar to get out the flux.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CPU
Intel Processor
Motherboard
Z270X-Gaming 9
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SEA HAWK EK X
RAM
G.Skill Trident 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 950
Power Supply
Corsair AX-1200
Case
CaseLabs M8
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
8600K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
GPU
Nvidia GTX 1070 FE
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series PC4 24000
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850
Power Supply
Rosewill Quark Series 750W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply with LED Indicator
Cooling
EK-FB GA Z270/Z370 GAMING Monoblock - Nickel
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
ezveedub is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:49 AM
News Fiend
 
ryan92084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: 'merica
Posts: 1,867
Depending on your desired fan speeds and ability to deal with the restriction its hard to beat the HWL GTS. They are around £60.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲


ryan92084 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
toolmaker03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,383
Rep: 84 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
So I'm looking to retire my old Phobya V2 Copper radiators. The 360mm and 420mm versions. Both are around 45mm thick.

I've been looking at the EK SE and the Magicool G2 Slim or Pro III.

The G2 seems to be very cheap (£40) and beats the EK SE in reviews. For £7 I can get the Pro III (G2 but thicker I think).

I'm basically looking for new 360mm radiators at affordable prices but better performance than my old Phobya radiators. Would do you experts say on the matter?

I plan to run the loop in a Tt X71 Core.

Thank you.

really your question is about radiator design, and most people here seem to simply ignore this very important point. BTW a hardware labs GTS radiator is basically the same thing you have now, it would not improve the performance of the water loop at all.


ok, you have a 10 FPI radiator now, this is a low FPI radiator and will work well with fans up to about 2000RPM's. this is the point that radiator is at it's maximum performance level. I will assume that you currently have 6 X 2000RPM fans attached to that radiator already. here is my build, with two monstra radiators attached, with 6 X 2350RPM fans on each.


https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...ooled-rig.html


what you are looking for is a black ice GTX 360mm radiator or better. the black ice GTX is a 20FPI radiator, and with 6 X 3000RPM(noctua IPPC 3000) fans attached, it will out preform what you have now.


http://hardwarelabs.com/blackice/gtx/gtx-360/


http://www.performance-pcs.com/black...n.html#Details


or if the best performance possible is what you are after, the koolance HX 360-XC is a 30 FPI radiator, and with 6 X 4000RPM(koolance or delta) fans attached, will outperform anything on the market.


https://koolance.com/hx-360xc-radiat...-30-fpi-copper


https://koolance.com/fan-120x38mm-184cfm


so to give some numbers to go along with these radiators.


the phobya will top out at about 400watts
the hardware labs will top out at about 600watts
the koolance will top out at about 800watts


so as you can see the koolance radiator, can actually provide twice the performance you have now. so it is up to you to decide how you would like to rebuild this water loop, and with what hardware.




EDIT I do not know what has happened to this site, but for some reason it is killing the links that I placed in this post, maybe a moderator could look into this issue, and fix what ever is causing this to occur?

https://www.overclock.net/forum/rigbu...tle=AMD+AM3%2B
AMD AM3+
(13 items)
TEC Power
(21 items)
CPU
FX9590
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU
GTX580
RAM
Samsung 1600
Hard Drive
Intel 520 SSD 120Gigs
Optical Drive
DVD
Power Supply
Enermax 1350
Cooling
water cooled
Monitor
Asus 27"
Keyboard
microsoft ergo
Mouse
RAT 9
Mousepad
steel series
Audio
ZX 7
CPU
3930K
Motherboard
DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G skill 2133Mhz
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus
Power Supply
OCZ 1250W, TT 600W, PowerMax 4 X 500W
Cooling
9 X TEC's 250W 15A 24V
Cooling
Standard Water cooling to cool the TEC's 6 X 360mm radiators
Cooling
19 X CPU water blocks
Cooling
2 X GTX580 GPU water blocks
Cooling
6 X water pumps
Cooling
3 X CPU air coolers
Case
Coustom PC case inside a vacuum chamber
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Dell 30" ultra sharp
Keyboard
Blackwidow
Mouse
RAT 9
Mouse
Gaming Pad
Audio
2.1 sound
Audio
G930 head set
CPU
Intel i7 3930K
Motherboard
Intel DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G-Skill
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus DVD
Power Supply
1250W
Cooling
Water Cooled
Case
H2OQPower
Operating System
Win7
Monitor
Asus
Keyboard
Razer
Mouse
R.A.T.9
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by toolmaker03; 04-12-2019 at 06:25 AM.
toolmaker03 is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Shawnb99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Crackatoea
Posts: 520
Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post
really your question is about radiator design, and most people here seem to simply ignore this very important point. BTW a hardware labs GTS radiator is basically the same thing you have now, it would not improve the performance of the water loop at all.


ok, you have a 10 FPI radiator now, this is a low FPI radiator and will work well with fans up to about 2000RPM's. this is the point that radiator is at it's maximum performance level. I will assume that you currently have 6 X 2000RPM fans attached to that radiator already. here is my build, with two monstra radiators attached, with 6 X 2350RPM fans on each.


https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...ooled-rig.html


what you are looking for is a black ice GTX 360mm radiator or better. the black ice GTX is a 20FPI radiator, and with 6 X 3000RPM(noctua IPPC 3000) fans attached, it will out preform what you have now.


http://hardwarelabs.com/blackice/gtx/gtx-360/


http://www.performance-pcs.com/black...n.html#Details


or if the best performance possible is what you are after, the koolance HX 360-XC is a 30 FPI radiator, and with 6 X 4000RPM(koolance or delta) fans attached, will outperform anything on the market.


https://koolance.com/hx-360xc-radiat...-30-fpi-copper


https://koolance.com/fan-120x38mm-184cfm


so to give some numbers to go along with these radiators.


the phobya will top out at about 400watts
the hardware labs will top out at about 600watts
the koolance will top out at about 800watts


so as you can see the koolance radiator, can actually provide twice the performance you have now. so it is up to you to decide how you would like to rebuild this water loop, and with what hardware.




EDIT I do not know what has happened to this site, but for some reason it is killing the links that I placed in this post, maybe a moderator could look into this issue, and fix what ever is causing this to occur?


Both those Radiators are thicker than 45mm which is what the OP was looking I replace so they may be to thick.

4000rpm fans? Those must be deafening. At that rpm I should hope it would be twice the performance.

My Rig
(21 items)
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Formula
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO
Cooling
Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink
Cooling
2 x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTR
Cooling
2 x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9 x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
2 x Noctua NA-A15 PWM
Cooling
24 x EK Vadar F4120ER
Case
Case Labs Magnum M8 with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG28Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
▲ hide details ▲
Shawnb99 is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
toolmaker03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,383
Rep: 84 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shawnb99 View Post
Both those Radiators are thicker than 45mm which is what the OP was looking I replace so they may be to thick.

4000rpm fans? Those must be deafening. At that rpm I should hope it would be twice the performance.

really this is about design, low FPI radiators work well with low RPM fans attached. a low FPI radiator to me, is a 7 FPI to 12 FPI radiator. these radiators are not designed to have anything faster, than about 2500RPM fans attached to them. even if I attached a 4000RPM fan to a low FPI radiator, it would not increase the performance of the radiator much beyond what a 2000RPM fan could achieve with that radiator.


this of course will change, as the FPI of the radiator goes up. the higher the FPI of the radiator, the faster the fans attached should be. the faster fans on higher FPI radiators, will allow the full potential of the radiator to be utilized.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/rigbu...tle=AMD+AM3%2B
AMD AM3+
(13 items)
TEC Power
(21 items)
CPU
FX9590
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU
GTX580
RAM
Samsung 1600
Hard Drive
Intel 520 SSD 120Gigs
Optical Drive
DVD
Power Supply
Enermax 1350
Cooling
water cooled
Monitor
Asus 27"
Keyboard
microsoft ergo
Mouse
RAT 9
Mousepad
steel series
Audio
ZX 7
CPU
3930K
Motherboard
DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G skill 2133Mhz
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus
Power Supply
OCZ 1250W, TT 600W, PowerMax 4 X 500W
Cooling
9 X TEC's 250W 15A 24V
Cooling
Standard Water cooling to cool the TEC's 6 X 360mm radiators
Cooling
19 X CPU water blocks
Cooling
2 X GTX580 GPU water blocks
Cooling
6 X water pumps
Cooling
3 X CPU air coolers
Case
Coustom PC case inside a vacuum chamber
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Dell 30" ultra sharp
Keyboard
Blackwidow
Mouse
RAT 9
Mouse
Gaming Pad
Audio
2.1 sound
Audio
G930 head set
CPU
Intel i7 3930K
Motherboard
Intel DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G-Skill
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus DVD
Power Supply
1250W
Cooling
Water Cooled
Case
H2OQPower
Operating System
Win7
Monitor
Asus
Keyboard
Razer
Mouse
R.A.T.9
▲ hide details ▲
toolmaker03 is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
Programmer
 
BradleyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 28,399
Rep: 1554 (Unique: 1016)
Thank you very much for the information. I am going to research the suggested radiators to see how much they cost and how they perform.

However, my goal is to beat my current loop, maintain low fan speed and keep it very affordable, hence why the Magicool G2 appealed to me greatly.

I initially thought about getting either 3xG2's or use my Phobya 360mm + 2xG2's.

Thank you.

Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.



Last edited by BradleyW; 04-12-2019 at 09:15 AM.
BradleyW is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:58 AM
News Fiend
 
ryan92084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: 'merica
Posts: 1,867
I can't find any reviews that match the radiators you describe from phobya to try and make any direct comparisons. The trend for a while was maximum performance with no regard for noise. Super thick rads with fat delta fans in a mountain mods case would have been the bee's knees when I built my first loop.

some good roundup reviews
360mm https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...p-22-rads.html
360mm http://thermalbench.com/2017/07/06/p...mm-radiator/5/
480mm (has some additional models) http://thermalbench.com/2018/09/25/x...in-radiator/4/
360mm This one is quite dated but more fan speeds tested https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...p-22-rads.html

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲


ryan92084 is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:13 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
toolmaker03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,383
Rep: 84 (Unique: 64)
Quote: Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
Thank you very much for the information. I am going to research the suggested radiators to see how much they cost and how they perform.

In the meantime, may I ask, If a high FPI RAD requires faster spinning fans (loud), why don't people just buy a low FPI RAD?

Additionally, would a Magicool 360mm G2 slim (16FPI) outperform a Phobya 360mm x 40mm (10FPI) if both RAD's used 3 NF F12's at a fixed speed of 1000rpm?

Furthermore, would a combination of (Phobya 360x40mm + 2x Magicool Copper III PRO 360x40mm) outperform (Phobya 360x40mm + Phobya 420x45mm)? All RAD's using Noctua 120/140mm where appropriate, fixed speeds 1000rpm.


Thank you.

ok, well the issue with this thinking, is you are trying to associate low FPI radiator performance, to mid, and high FPI radiators. you cant do that, because they function differentially. a quite water cooling build needs to have low FPI radiators, so that fans at low RPM will be useful. this creates a quite build as a result. as you have already noticed, a low FPI radiator build requires more radiators to do the job, and keep the system cool. the advantage is that it is quite. a mid FPI radiator, will be able to cool the same hardware, but will require less radiator, and faster fans to do this. a high FPI radiator can do the same job as a low FPI radiators, but with half the radiators, and again it needs even faster fans to do this.


so to me, the real question here is, what do you want to build? a quite build that will need at least two 360mm radiators to cool the hardware, or is space a issue, and you need a high performance radiator build. that could cool all the hardware with one 360mm radiator, it will not be quite, but it will keep the system just as cool.

putting 1000RPM fans on a 30 FPI radiator, would provide horrible performance. the fin placement is to tight, and at that fan speed, it is not enough air flow going through the radiator, for it to preform well.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/rigbu...tle=AMD+AM3%2B
AMD AM3+
(13 items)
TEC Power
(21 items)
CPU
FX9590
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU
GTX580
RAM
Samsung 1600
Hard Drive
Intel 520 SSD 120Gigs
Optical Drive
DVD
Power Supply
Enermax 1350
Cooling
water cooled
Monitor
Asus 27"
Keyboard
microsoft ergo
Mouse
RAT 9
Mousepad
steel series
Audio
ZX 7
CPU
3930K
Motherboard
DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G skill 2133Mhz
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus
Power Supply
OCZ 1250W, TT 600W, PowerMax 4 X 500W
Cooling
9 X TEC's 250W 15A 24V
Cooling
Standard Water cooling to cool the TEC's 6 X 360mm radiators
Cooling
19 X CPU water blocks
Cooling
2 X GTX580 GPU water blocks
Cooling
6 X water pumps
Cooling
3 X CPU air coolers
Case
Coustom PC case inside a vacuum chamber
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Dell 30" ultra sharp
Keyboard
Blackwidow
Mouse
RAT 9
Mouse
Gaming Pad
Audio
2.1 sound
Audio
G930 head set
CPU
Intel i7 3930K
Motherboard
Intel DX79SR
GPU
GTX580
RAM
G-Skill
Hard Drive
Intel 3700
Optical Drive
Asus DVD
Power Supply
1250W
Cooling
Water Cooled
Case
H2OQPower
Operating System
Win7
Monitor
Asus
Keyboard
Razer
Mouse
R.A.T.9
▲ hide details ▲
toolmaker03 is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Programmer
 
BradleyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 28,399
Rep: 1554 (Unique: 1016)
Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
I can't find any reviews that match the radiators you describe from phobya to try and make any direct comparisons. The trend for a while was maximum performance with no regard for noise. Super thick rads with fat delta fans in a mountain mods case would have been the bee's knees when I built my first loop.

some good roundup reviews
360mm https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...p-22-rads.html
360mm http://thermalbench.com/2017/07/06/p...mm-radiator/5/
480mm (has some additional models) http://thermalbench.com/2018/09/25/x...in-radiator/4/
360mm This one is quite dated but more fan speeds tested https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...p-22-rads.html
These are great links. I highly appreciate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post
ok, well the issue with this thinking, is you are trying to associate low FPI radiator performance, to mid, and high FPI radiators. you cant do that, because they function differentially. a quite water cooling build needs to have low FPI radiators, so that fans at low RPM will be useful. this creates a quite build as a result. as you have already noticed, a low FPI radiator build requires more radiators to do the job, and keep the system cool. the advantage is that it is quite. a mid FPI radiator, will be able to cool the same hardware, but will require less radiator, and faster fans to do this. a high FPI radiator can do the same job as a low FPI radiators, but with half the radiators, and again it needs even faster fans to do this.


so to me, the real question here is, what do you want to build? a quite build that will need at least two 360mm radiators to cool the hardware, or is space a issue, and you need a high performance radiator build. that could cool all the hardware with one 360mm radiator, it will not be quite, but it will keep the system just as cool.

putting 1000RPM fans on a 30 FPI radiator, would provide horrible performance. the fin placement is to tight, and at that fan speed, it is not enough air flow going through the radiator, for it to preform well.
My main goal is lower noise levels. I can fit 3x360mm RAD in my new case (X71 Core). Initially I thought about 3xG2 slims or 2xG2 slims + Phobya 360mm. All RAD's push only.

As said before, G2's are appealing due to low price and decent reviews. 16 FPI, maybe too high for low fan speeds? Then again, it is a very slim RAD!

These are basically the RAD's I have on offer to me. Don't want to pay any more than £50 for a RAD. G2 for £40 sounds good.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/water...-radiators?p=1

Thank you very much for your kind support and in depth knowledge.

Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.


BradleyW is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off