Water cooling kit/AIO for TR4 Threadripper - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water cooling kit/AIO for TR4 Threadripper

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Water cooling kit/AIO for TR4 Threadripper

Hi everyone,

I'm putting a build together for a 1900x or 1950x.

I was originally going for air cooling but the Dark Rock Pro and Noctua - NH-U14S TR4-SP3 may not give me enough clearance on the top pci-e slot.

I'm looking at other cooling methods and was thinking about the Corsair H150i etc... but then I've seen and been told basically to avoid CLC's.

So, I'm now looking at water cooling kits such as this one but I can't find any that are compatible with the TR4 socket.

Do these exist for this socket? Or would this be a full custom job? I don't really want to or have the budget to do a full custom job right now - I'm a massive beginner with water cooling.

The case I'm currently going with is the Corsair 750D Airflow edition - as I said, it was going to be an airflow build but now I'm not sure. I've seen this case is also good for water cooling so I'm thinking I'll stick with it?

I love the look of this route though.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT Just found this by Swiftech and it looks great - also compatible with TR4. I've just realised that there are AIO and DIY coolant kits by EK and Swiftech. Think I definitely want to go this route - the AIO kits look amazing and I wonder why anyone would go with a CLC instead.

If anyone could offer any advice on any Swiftech or EK AIO's (preferably RGB but that's optional) then I'd love to know more.

My Rig
(15 items)
CPU
i7 930 @ 3.8 1.256v
Motherboard
Asus P6tD Deluxe
GPU
ATI 5870
RAM
12GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB
Hard Drive
1TB + 500GB HDD
Optical Drive
LG Bluray Writer + DVD RW
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 650w
Cooling
Noctua u12p
Case
Coolermaster HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 64Bit
Monitor
Dell u2711
Keyboard
Blackwidow Ultimate
Mouse
Deathadder 3500dpi
Audio
KRK Rokit RP6
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by 8564dan; 05-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I would go for a full custom set up.
On my 2700X, i did install a Heatkiller IV Niquel and it rocks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Only custom loop!

Any TR4 is a best to cool...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Never Finished

Rep: 259 (Unique: 203)
Ek mlc tr4 is an aio option as well.

1680 V2 4.5GHz 1.33v | G.Skill Trident X 4X4GB 2400MHz | R4BE | Titan Xp + Morpheus II
Wasabi Mango UHD550 | Rosewill Rise | Thermalright LGM RT
Logitech G600 | G440 | Tt Meka G-Unit Cherry MX Black+Double O-Rings
JBL LSR308s | Temblor T10 | Custom headphones | TEAC-UD501+Passive Preamp | Emotiva BasX A-100
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB | Mediasonic ProBox 8: 7x SG 4TB 1x WD 3TB | SS Prime Ultra Titanium 1KW
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 383 (Unique: 263)
Quote: Originally Posted by 8564dan View Post

EDIT Just found this by Swiftech and it looks great - also compatible with TR4. I've just realised that there are AIO and DIY coolant kits by EK and Swiftech. Think I definitely want to go this route - the AIO kits look amazing and I wonder why anyone would go with a CLC instead.

If anyone could offer any advice on any Swiftech or EK AIO's (preferably RGB but that's optional) then I'd love to know more.
I've used a quite a few Swiftech H series and EK Phoenix, but never on TR4. That said, I prefer the Swiftech as the pump is a bit stronger (and quieter), the rad has better dissipation at lower fan speeds (i.e. better cooling with lower noise), it is much more expansion friendly (from the sense of refill and bleed) and it has better pricing. But.....the new X3 RGB fans really weigh down the performance of the unit. It's still quieter than the EK at like performance, but a change to a good set of top tier fans makes a pretty dramatic difference. So, once you do the fan upgrade, pricing winds up about the same.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by 8564dan View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm putting a build together for a 1900x or 1950x.

because it doesn't actually make any difference. I wouldn't go with swiftech (reliability issues) the EK (too expensive) over doing my own loop if I was going WC and not using an AIO.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Air cooler deepcool fryzen cools good enough and won't cover any pci slots or ram.If your water cooling then use heatkiller,xspc or phanteks tr4 blocks those the best cooling ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in