Barrow and Bykski Radiators - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Barrow and Bykski Radiators

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Barrow and Bykski Radiators

Hello, between some things and others at the end I always end up delaying my Custom RL build but now I think that if I can afford the cost of the whole thing in the next weeks (I hope let nothing happens again ...)

I wanted to ask, lately I've seen people in forums doing Custom Loops composed entirely of Aliexpress pieces (Barrow, Bykski ...) the problem here is, I never see anything anywhere, nor forum, nor webs with performance results, my big dilemma is mainly on the Radiators, among the good brands I have one I decide over the others, but hell ... if there is not a very big difference in terms of performance and we talk that instead of spending € 140 on 2 Radiators I spend between 48-68 € then there is a big difference!! which saves me money that I can put in another piece....

The Radiator I have in mind is the model Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTS 360 Hardware Labs in performance is a win this is always the first in terms of radiator performance Slims, in Push Only is even above some larger, only a slim model wins when the revs of the fans are already high, but I dont mind that because it is assumed that if you make a custom RL one of the main aspects is the reduction of noise you get thanks to power put the fans at low revs without sacrificing much performance, the radiator in question are 69.99€, I want 2, and you have to add € 15 shipping costs since in Spain I do not see them anywhere and the only store that I see that you have them in stock at a good price is in the Netherlands, total € 155 for 2 Radiators which I do not dislike paying since their performance worth the money.

Now you will tell me ... if they are so good and you like to buy them and dont annoy us .... well, no other brand with the exception of Barrow or Bykski is cheaper than that, because the EKWB slim model that is a lot of garbage compared to the Hardware Labs (Really the performance is ****) is cost about 70€ also, and other brands more of the same, the issue is that to pay 80-92 € more for something that may not be much better ... well you want me to tell you, no matter how good the Hardware Labs one are if they are not so superior i would doubt about it, 10 degrees or so are bigger words but let's say it's 2-3 degrees more with peaks of 5 I do not know, I can break the rads buy other and still have not reached the price of the others, the issue is that I can not find a dammit comparison or performance test of the radiators of those brands.

It would be nice if someone makes me a favor and give me what im looking for or a test with their rig...

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

No one?
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 62)
Hi there

I have used both radiators like Barrow and Bykski on two recent builds,both builds have used Bykski CPU and GPU waterblocks and fittings as well I have used Barrow fittings and pump reservoir combo have been Barrow reservoir with their 18W pump

Radiators I have used two 360mm and performance I would say its somewhere between the Alphacool ST30 and GTS360,fans we've used Phanteks PH-F120MP and on other build have used Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PL2, in both builds fans never run faster than 1200RPM and temperatures on 8700k with 5.1GHz have been pretty good 74-78°C in OCCT 4.4.2 or Realbench and GTX1080Ti temperatures in 38-40°C as max that's with 2113MHz at 1.093v

These radiators are not bad,friend bought them for his build, personally I would use GTS360 or SR-2 360mm

If you can find anywhere Mayhems Havoc radiators then I would suggest get them, they're priced very well and other option is Dazmode 360mm radiators which have been priced too very competitive

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi there

I have used both radiators like Barrow and Bykski on two recent builds,both builds have used Bykski CPU and GPU waterblocks and fittings as well I have used Barrow fittings and pump reservoir combo have been Barrow reservoir with their 18W pump

Radiators I have used two 360mm and performance I would say its somewhere between the Alphacool ST30 and GTS360,fans we've used Phanteks PH-F120MP and on other build have used Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PL2, in both builds fans never run faster than 1200RPM and temperatures on 8700k with 5.1GHz have been pretty good 74-78°C in OCCT 4.4.2 or Realbench and GTX1080Ti temperatures in 38-40°C as max that's with 2113MHz at 1.093v

These radiators are not bad,friend bought them for his build, personally I would use GTS360 or SR-2 360mm

If you can find anywhere Mayhems Havoc radiators then I would suggest get them, they're priced very well and other option is Dazmode 360mm radiators which have been priced too very competitive

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Ahhh u makes me feel more confuse xDD

First u tell me that the performance is between Alphacool ST30 and GTS360, wich is quite good imo, then u tell me to use the HW labs one xD
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
The cheaper the better, as long as the restriction is not too high. The chinese will take over the Wc industry anyways, considering the prices mainstream brands ask for their stuff. Some brands are overpriced. Ek has increased their prices by around 50% the last 4 years.

Last edited by PachAz; 05-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 07:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 29)
Until there are no quality performance manufacturers left and we are stuck with Chinese knockoff junk as our only option.

Spend a few $ more and consider it a donation to the future of the hobby.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
If you want cheap, you need to look locally or reddit. Hwl radiators and other brands are worth next to nothing on second hand markets.

Since you are looking for low cost custom loop. I still have an xspc tx360 available, have an damaged ekwb xres3 100ml (one of the bottom g1/4 thread dethreaded - so if you want to use you have to replace the bottom unit of the reservoir) and I am getting back an d5 next that apparently is not defective (pump was beeping low pump speed) according to aquacomputer. Outside of the radiator, everything else is an write-off for me at this point and maybe is of use for you. If you read reviews, the tx performs as well as some 45mm radiator and is only beaten by the hwl gts. The biggest surprise is its 20mm thick rad only. However, shipping to europe will probably cost more it is to buy new. It cost me 60dollars just to ship the d5 next to Germany for repairs and i hate to imagine what an radiator would add to the costs.

Last edited by Section31; 05-12-2019 at 03:32 AM.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
Until there are no quality performance manufacturers left and we are stuck with Chinese knockoff junk as our only option.

Yes but whats the motivation of EKs almost 50% price increase on WC parts, that is a mystery to me. For me WC is not enjoyable anymore it has become too expensive and many brands are trying to cut costs. There are not as many people selling second hand WC stuff either as it used to be which tells me that they are keeping their parts longer without upgrading. There is no point switching parts if they perform decent.

Last edited by PachAz; 05-12-2019 at 06:35 AM.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post

Yes but whats the motivation of EKs almost 50% price increase on WC parts, that is a mystery to me. For me WC is not enjoyable anymore it has become too expensive and many brands are trying to cut costs. There are not as many people selling second hand WC stuff either as it used to be which tells me that they are keeping their parts longer without upgrading. There is no point switching parts if they perform decent.
In full agreement about quality decreasing. However second hand parts values are horrible. Sure there are less people selling but the number of ppl watercooling is dropping even more. Therefore the value of used waterparts is bad.

The number of people that actually need/want anything more than an simple notebook/desktop and smartphone is an shrinking market. Does an normal user really need anything more than 4-6cores.

Last edited by Section31; 05-12-2019 at 06:54 AM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 381 (Unique: 262)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
Yes but whats the motivation of EKs almost 50% price increase on WC parts, that is a mystery to me.
It's not a mystery. Their marketing (giving away systems to YouTube talking heads) worked like a charm. First time liquid coolers assume EK makes the best parts on the market because JoeyRigsYouTuber uses them, rather than the reality of them being mediocre, and is willing to pay top dollar for them. The market is whatever suckers consumers are willing to pay, and EK is taking full advantage. So, a bit unethical, but not mysterious. Corsair worked this same play into an empire of overpriced underperforming components.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in