Bykski, Barrow water block questions for my 2080 TI - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Bykski, Barrow water block questions for my 2080 TI

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Bykski, Barrow water block questions for my 2080 TI

Not in the market to pay $180 to $200. So I've narrowed it down to either Barrow or Bykski $110-$130 shipped.

Anyone own(ed) either or of the above mentioned water blocks if so what is your experience?

Can I use the stock back plate with either of those water blocks?

Is there a big performance difference versus the
EKWB or Bits Power Lotan series blocks?

Also anyone know if these things come with decent instructions, quality components, good thermal pads etc?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 64)
Hi there

I have used Bykski RTX 2080Ti waterblock on Palit RTX 2080Ti and temperatures are good too 42-45°C that's with single 360mm radiator which cools RTX 2080Ti OC to 2085MHz with 1000MHz on VRAM and 8086k with 5.1GHz where we have used Bykski CPU WB

Yes with Bykski GPU Waterblocks I have used stock backplate and no issues there

Barrow I habe used only on Pascal GTX1080Ti and too no issues, temperatures have been good too around 2-3°C worse than EK

If there is big difference between the blocks,depending what you meant by big difference, usually they're in 1-3°C worse than EK what I tested on my loop, I tested same block on my loop and difference between the EK and Bykski have been 1-2°C as max maybe bit more but tried looped 3DMARK for such test

Decent instruction, there are OK instructions, not good as EK or Phanteks etc but still OK to install block, thermal pads not sure who is making them, but seems they're OK

Just would get good TIM like is Noctua NT-H1 or Kryonaut and you should be OK there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Thank you for your insight! In terms of 'big' difference I'd say more than 4-5c, 1c being within margin of error and 2-3c being acceptable difference (considering the price difference). Between Bykski and Barrow which is better, which would you choose in terms of build quality and aesthetics (I know aesthetics is subjective but in your opinion)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 15)
Just bought the Barrow waterblock myself. Roughly USD85 shipped in this part of the world directly from Barrow store.

They have an install guide here: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?_u...=3890451512157 As you can see from the link it should allow you to re-use your back plate.

I have bought both Barrow and Byski in the past (2016) At that time i found Barrow quality slightly better. Never used their GPU/CPU block before though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in