Aquaero & Aquasuite Software Setup Guide - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Aquaero & Aquasuite Software Setup Guide

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 115 (Unique: 97)

The Aquaero fan controllers are in my opinion the very best at controlling and monitoring your fans, pumps, and other accessories related to water or even air cooled PCs. The accompanying Aquasuite software is truly incredible and very powerful software! However, it can be a little intimidating if you have never used it before, and there is definitely a learning curve involved.

The official documentation is not updated very often. Here’s a link to the most recent version from Aqua Compter, as of this writing it was last updated in November of 2016! https://aquacomputer.de/tl_files/aqu...ero_5_6_en.pdf

I actually got started with my Aquaero by reading a guide written by Namron, a member here on OCN. He passed away several years ago, and all of the links to his guide are broken or missing. It was getting rather dated at this point, and was based on the Aquaero 5. I was originally making this guide for my build log The Big Red "Devastator", but I thought more people would be able to find it if I made a separate thread. So I'm posting it in it's own thread, and on my build log.

There is an OCN Aquaero Owners Club if you haven't already seen it. None of the links on the OP work anymore, and if I posted it there it would just get lost.

It is not always easy to visualize what to do by merely reading instructions. So my goal here is to use many screen shots, and walk you through how I set up my two Aquaeros and the Aquasuite software on this particular build.

The Aquasuite software can be used in a fairly simple setup, all the way to very complex builds. I’ve been using Aquasuite for over six years now, but I still do not use all the aspects of the software, so I will not be to covering those areas that I don’t use myself.

The beautiful thing about Aquasuite is that once you have it all setup, you can have it set to start with Windows, it runs in the background monitoring, and controlling everything you have it set up to do automatically.

Here is a look at the back just after installing these, the Aquaero XT is on the bottom, with the Aquaero LT slave unit on top. The only connections I use are the Power, USB 5 pin, I have four temp sensors plugged in, all four fan channels, the Aquabus high, and the RPM. The RPM header sends a fake RPM signal to the motherboard CPU fan header.

Aqua Computer has several new products that I will not be covering:

D5 Next Pump

Quadro Fan Controller

RGBpx Splitty4

Farbwerk 360

Here is a list of Aqua Computer components used in this Aquaero & Aquasuite setup:

Aquaero 6 XT

Aquaero 6 LT

Farbwerk USB - Bluetooth

Flow Sensor High Flow USB

2x Aquacomputer D5 Pump with Aquabus Interface (41093) discontinued

Aqualis XT 880 ml Reservoir with fill level sensor

6x Splitty9 fan splitters

Hubby7 internal USB hub

Due to the size of this guide, and because there are over 65 images I am using spoilers to put most of it in sections. This way you don’t have to scroll quite so much

Installing Aquasuite - Flashing Firmware – Flashing Aquaero LT into Slave unit
Spoiler!

Setting up the Aquasuite Software, Farbwerk & MPS Devices

Spoiler!

Sensor Inputs - Fan Settings & How to make Curve Controllers
Spoiler!

Outputs – Pumps – User Interface – Information Pages
Spoiler!

Alarms – Timer – Data Log – System Profiles – Aquasuite Web
Spoiler!

Overview Pages
Spoiler!

Well that’s all folks! This ended up being way more work than I set out to do. Hopefully this will help some people out with their Aquaero and Aquasuite setups.

If you have anything to add to this feel free to post it below. I might add to this guide at a later time. An “Alarm Addendum” could be in order

Barefooter

Last edited by Barefooter; 06-09-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

I fixed the image problem. Hopefully it stays fixed

Last edited by Barefooter; 06-03-2019 at 02:43 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Many thanks for the guide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Okay but how do you actually manipulate the Overview page? Selecting groups of objects or removing them all seems really buggy and random and everybtime I try copy an object it copies the whole page!

Why are Germans so bad at software?

I don't know. Some guy.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:38 PM
The 6502 Still Rocks

Rep: 30 (Unique: 28)
I read this in the other thread and I appreciate you moving it into it's own thread. This was really good info for me, an AQ6 user.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Like i said in ur other thread, very good job and easy to follow with all the pictures.

Helped me alot, thanks again!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by GAN77 View Post
Many thanks for the guide!
Quote: Originally Posted by Master Chicken View Post
I read this in the other thread and I appreciate you moving it into it's own thread. This was really good info for me, an AQ6 user.
Quote: Originally Posted by rolandos582 View Post
Like i said in ur other thread, very good job and easy to follow with all the pictures.

Helped me alot, thanks again!!
Awesome! Glad you guys found it useful

Quote: Originally Posted by Cinderblocks View Post
Okay but how do you actually manipulate the Overview page? Selecting groups of objects or removing them all seems really buggy and random and every time I try copy an object it copies the whole page!

Why are Germans so bad at software?
Since there is no "undo" the best thing to do is to copy the default page and then play around with it until you figure it out. You can select items inside the page to resize or move them, although it's easy to mess it up completely.

I've found sometimes it's just easier to copy the default page again, and start over rather than to try fix something that isn't how you want it. The good news is that once you have it the way you want it, there is really no need to change anything again.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Question: what does the "Minimum Power" Setting do, particularly when its fan channel is set to PWM control? It seems to be changing the voltage and current applied to the fan, which seems odd for a PWM controlled channel.

R5E10 | 6850k | 4x8Gb Trident-Z 3333 | 1080 Ti FTW3| 970 Pro 1Tb | AX1600i | SMA8-A | GTX 560+480+280/GTS 360
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by BleedOutCold View Post
Question: what does the "Minimum Power" Setting do, particularly when its fan channel is set to PWM control? It seems to be changing the voltage and current applied to the fan, which seems odd for a PWM controlled channel.
If it changes the voltage, then the fan isn't set as PWM. Minimum power sets a minimum PWM signal for the fan to run on. If you uncheck it, the fans shut down completely when it's not needed to have them running.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by broodro0ster View Post
If it changes the voltage, then the fan isn't set as PWM. Minimum power sets a minimum PWM signal for the fan to run on. If you uncheck it, the fans shut down completely when it's not needed to have them running.
I can only tell you what I see in the Aquaero/Fans/Selected Channel/Settings & Advanced Settings pages, but it's not what you're describing. With PWM controlled checked, definitely not power or speed controlled, moving the Minimum power slider will alter the fan speed. Meanwhile, the Fan data page above Settings shows changes in rotation speed, voltage, power, and current. Aquasuite 2018-4 and ML120s and ML140s.

R5E10 | 6850k | 4x8Gb Trident-Z 3333 | 1080 Ti FTW3| 970 Pro 1Tb | AX1600i | SMA8-A | GTX 560+480+280/GTS 360

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in