Buy new 560 radiators or keep my existing 480 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Buy new 560 radiators or keep my existing 480

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Buy new 560 radiators or keep my existing 480

I am working on a new build, I want to do a 4x rad setup. My old build which I am replacing already has 3x XSPC RX480 Radiator V3 on it with 12 LL120 corsairs fans.

Would changing to 4x 560 rads and Corsair LL140 fans see a significant cooling from the 480 rads and 120 fans?

If so what 560 rads should I get for these fans. Yes I want to stick to these fans for looks.

elderan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:04 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 427
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Why LL's? Those aren't even in the top 3 best rad fans that Corsair makes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airflow-1000-rpm.png
Views:	7
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	276464  


ttnuagmada is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
Why LL's? Those aren't even in the top 3 best rad fans that Corsair makes.
All due to looks, I want RGB and I have tried multiple ones and the Corsair LL is by far the best looking out of the options. It has been a while since I had really nice fans though, before these the best real fans I had were corsair ML120 and before that Noctua NF-A14 140.

elderan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I would be willing to consider the corsair ML RGB series if I switch to 140 fans. I am not sure how they look compared to the LL series, I am sure not as bright but would consider it.

I guess my main question is 4x 460 vs 4x 560 and is it worth it given I already have 3x XSPC 480 rads and the fans.

Either way I would like to know the best 560 rad for the LLs and maybe the MLs.

elderan is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 427
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Well that depends on what you're cooling really. 3 480's should really be fine for just about anything at super low fan speeds. I have a 560/480/280 and it's enough to keep a heavily OC'd 3770K and 2 heavily OC'd 1080 Ti's at low temps with like 400 rpm fan speeds. My 1080 ti's don't see temps north of 40C in most cases (21C ambient).

ttnuagmada is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
Well that depends on what you're cooling really. 3 480's should really be fine for just about anything at super low fan speeds. I have a 560/480/280 and it's enough to keep a heavily OC'd 3770K and 2 heavily OC'd 1080 Ti's at low temps with like 400 rpm fan speeds. My 1080 ti's don't see temps north of 40C in most cases (21C ambient).
Doing a 2 loop system,2 rads per loop, 1 loop is cooling a 2990wx cpu block and vrm block, 1 loop is cooling 4x vega 64.

I have a thermaltake wp200(top and bottom) case so I can fit up to 2x 560s in top and the bottom sections. I dont want any raids in the main sections I dont think.

elderan is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 427
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
Doing a 2 loop system,2 rads per loop, 1 loop is cooling a 2990wx cpu block and vrm block, 1 loop is cooling 4x vega 64.

I have a thermaltake wp200(top and bottom) case so I can fit up to 2x 560s in top and the bottom sections. I dont want any raids in the main sections I dont think.
You'd probably definitely see some improvement on the GPU end of things. 2 560's is probably overkill for the CPU though. Maybe 1 560 for the CPU and 3 for the GPU's? You're probably looking at twice the heat output on the GPU side of things vs the CPU.

ttnuagmada is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
You'd probably definitely see some improvement on the GPU end of things. 2 560's is probably overkill for the CPU though. Maybe 1 560 for the CPU and 3 for the GPU's? You're probably looking at twice the heat output on the GPU side of things vs the CPU.

While I agree, I think having 2 different sizes/amount in the top and bottom will look funny.

If I went with corsair ML140 fans what is the best 560 rad to go with? I was debating on the EK CE 560 rad.

elderan is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:00 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 427
Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by elderan View Post
While I agree, I think having 2 different sizes/amount in the top and bottom will look funny.

If I went with corsair ML140 fans what is the best 560 rad to go with? I was debating on the EK CE 560 rad.
I'm a big fan of the HWL SR2. It performs near the top in almost any scenario and it has a lot of port flexibility.

ttnuagmada is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
elderan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 259
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
I'm a big fan of the HWL SR2. It performs near the top in almost any scenario and it has a lot of port flexibility.

So if I go the 560 route I should get the Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 560mm? And do some corsair ML140 RGB fans if I want to stick to RGB which I am pretty sure I do.

elderan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off