Review for Cryorig QF120 Performance - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Review for Cryorig QF120 Performance

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Cuenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 34
Rep: 0
Review for Cryorig QF120 Performance

Hello, i wanna know a reliable review of those fans, the website http://thermalbench.com/ seems to be down or not working here i dont know, and is the only place that ik that would have a decent review coz i find nothing elsewhere, the thing is, im btw Noctua Redux and the Cryorig QF120mm Performance, the Noctua beside of being more expensive need to buy the Anti Vibration Pads wich will make them be like 17,82€ vs 9,50€ of the Cryorig QF120 Performance, these ones for what i saw seems to perform pretty well, and also i prefer to have the white fan so when i use some Phanteks Halos will shine a little bit more, but i need a reliable website to see a proper review.


Anyone knows?
Cuenda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Shooting down fallacies
 
ciarlatano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC Metro
Posts: 6,934
Rep: 397 (Unique: 270)
I haven't seen a really credible review of these. I've tried them in a couple of capacities and couldn't get past the sound signature. They aren't necessarily loud, but they aren't as smooth sounding as I like. Performance was ok, not world beating, but solid and I would say as good as the Redux.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
ciarlatano is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:07 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
poah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: in a house
Posts: 561
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
get some arctic P12 fans. they perform better and are quieter.
poah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Cuenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 34
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by poah View Post
get some arctic P12 fans. they perform better and are quieter.
Can u explain me what is the differ beside of the prize being more than double?
Cuenda is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:54 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
poah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: in a house
Posts: 561
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuenda View Post
Can u explain me what is the differ beside of the prize being more than double?
P12 fans are a little over 1/2 the price of QF120's in the UK. P12's (on my system at least) are quieter at the same RPM and cool better (on a rad).
poah is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:59 AM
Shooting down fallacies
 
ciarlatano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC Metro
Posts: 6,934
Rep: 397 (Unique: 270)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuenda View Post
Hello, i wanna know a reliable review of those fans, the website http://thermalbench.com/ seems to be down or not working here i dont know, and is the only place that ik that would have a decent review coz i find nothing elsewhere, the thing is, im btw Noctua Redux and the Cryorig QF120mm Performance, the Noctua beside of being more expensive need to buy the Anti Vibration Pads wich will make them be like 17,82€ vs 9,50€ of the Cryorig QF120 Performance, these ones for what i saw seems to perform pretty well, and also i prefer to have the white fan so when i use some Phanteks Halos will shine a little bit more, but i need a reliable website to see a proper review.


Anyone knows?
Thermalbench is back up - http://thermalbench.com/2015/03/06/c...e-120mm-fan/3/

As you can see in the test results, performance is average, and they are a bit noisy. If you want to do a fan in a similar price range with better performance, you could go with a Phanteks F120MP. Much better performance and sound profile than the QF120, and retains the white blades. At 30dB you are getting almost 200 FPM through a rad with the F140MP, compared with only ~50 FPM with the QF120 or Noctua NF-A12.


Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
ciarlatano is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Cuenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 34
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Thermalbench is back up - http://thermalbench.com/2015/03/06/c...e-120mm-fan/3/

As you can see in the test results, performance is average, and they are a bit noisy. If you want to do a fan in a similar price range with better performance, you could go with a Phanteks F120MP. Much better performance and sound profile than the QF120, and retains the white blades. At 30dB you are getting almost 200 FPM through a rad with the F140MP, compared with only ~50 FPM with the QF120 or Noctua NF-A12.

Yep, i can see they're back already, while i saw that the Cryorig perform well but with being more noisy i can see too that the Phanteks are pretty silent but doesnt perform as good as other goods, I already own x3 120mm of the Phanteks, but i can see that in the thermalbench they said even if they dont perform bad, they dont do so good either.
Cuenda is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 05:07 AM
Shooting down fallacies
 
ciarlatano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC Metro
Posts: 6,934
Rep: 397 (Unique: 270)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuenda View Post
Yep, i can see they're back already, while i saw that the Cryorig perform well but with being more noisy i can see too that the Phanteks are pretty silent but doesnt perform as good as other goods, I already own x3 120mm of the Phanteks, but i can see that in the thermalbench they said even if they dont perform bad, they dont do so good either.
I'm thinking you are reading those charts incorrectly. The F120MP shows the best performance on those charts at tolerable noise levels. Unless you are planning on running the fans at full speeds all the time with absolutely no concern about noise (which I assume you are not, unless you are hard of hearing, in which case I apologize for the assumption), the Phanteks are far and away better performers than every fan there.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
ciarlatano is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Cuenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 34
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
I'm thinking you are reading those charts incorrectly. The F120MP shows the best performance on those charts at tolerable noise levels. Unless you are planning on running the fans at full speeds all the time with absolutely no concern about noise (which I assume you are not, unless you are hard of hearing, in which case I apologize for the assumption), the Phanteks are far and away better performers than every fan there.
I can see it a little bit clear now, just in the website silentpcreview they said that the 120MP were pretty bad, even if i know they were not using them on rad wich is where these fans shine, but that made me concern.

Would be nice if i can keep those, in fact i already own 3 of those.
Cuenda is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:23 PM
⤷ αC
 
AlphaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,100
Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Alternate source with sound profile:
http://www.coolingtechnique.com/rece...s.html?start=5
Click image for larger version

Name:	dba-120.png
Views:	6
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	284052
Quote:
There are no particular resonance phenomena both with PWM control and with voltage control, however there remains a marked presence of the spectrum on the middle frequencies that give a very low characteristic timbre to the acoustic emissions of the fan that presents peaks even on the mid frequencies at about 1.2KKHz and 800Hz.
Noctua NF-F12 was an underperforming fan by the way(maybe due to stator vanes), the new (but expensive) NF-A12 is much improved.

and also
http://www.coolingtechnique.com/rece...ph-f140xp.html
Click image for larger version

Name:	dba_120.png
Views:	5
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	284054

The CFM in the graphs I believe is using a box with anemometer at the end. (http://www.coolingtechnique.com/70-g...o.html?start=1)


Silentpcreview might have a bad sample:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1480-page1.html

Quote:
The noise emitted by the PH-F120MP is tonal at all speeds. At 550 RPM, it produces a low, dry-sounding hum which continues throughout most of its range. Generally, the pitch of this ~380 Hz tone increases with speed except around 900 RPM where it regresses, unexpectedly creating a less annoying output. At about 1000 RPM, the previous acoustics come back in full force and multiple strong tones appear together. At 1100 RPM, the fan starts to buzz and become turbulent as well, adding more complexity to the sound. In short, the acoustics are an absolute mess and a complete reverse of the PH-F140HP.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list



Last edited by AlphaC; 07-27-2019 at 05:40 PM.
AlphaC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off