Single D5 pump handle this? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Single D5 pump handle this?

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 540 (Unique: 306)
it should be fine, and run easy. don't do anything stupid like 90s or QDs off your pump (or even the first few inches) & keep the reservoir above the pump & you should be golden.

n yes, those black QD4 look nice, but get weird real quick, at least with the batch i had. Mine got so sticky that i was gonna break something using them, whereas those clips should function just like an air hose. nice & springy.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I thought koolance fixed the issue with black nickel paint chipping/loop turning white couple years ago. It was big thing here on ocn.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 72)
what i did on my phobya 1260 which i have in the wall framed i added a second d5 for itself. the one in the computer its not strong enough to carry the water from pc all way up to the rad...

the one in the phobya can handle the flow by herself if the pc is lower than her funny but true its like 5 feet high from feet to ground like 3 feet from pc to phobya.. im using quick disconnects as well.

Water Dt is like 3c over ambient the pc has her own d5 as well as it have her own loop with 3 x 240s as a self eco system.. 0 problems at all..
I would recommend putting d5 to big rad first and the rest will take care for itself between pump/pressure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65456828_2633212326711351_6828597198586904576_o.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	287150  

Last edited by zGunBLADEz; 08-08-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post
what i did on my phobya 1260 which i have in the wall framed i added a second d5 for itself. the one in the computer its not strong enough to carry the water from pc all way up to the rad...

the one in the phobya can handle the flow by herself if the pc is lower than her funny but true its like 5 feet high from feet to ground like 3 feet from pc to phobya.. im using quick disconnects as well.

Water Dt is like 3c over ambient the pc has her own d5 as well as it have her own loop with 3 x 240s as a self eco system.. 0 problems at all..
I would recommend putting d5 to big rad first and the rest will take care for itself between pump/pressure.
Interesting, I have 2 Phobya 1260 in series running on one D5 pump, and it works fine. One CPU block, one full cover GPU block in the loop. Could it be that it's the height difference that's the culprit in your case?

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Loladinas View Post
Interesting, I have 2 Phobya 1260 in series running on one D5 pump, and it works fine. One CPU block, one full cover GPU block in the loop. Could it be that it's the height difference that's the culprit in your case?
the d5 from the phobya down to pc works fine if i decide to use only that one it have good flow.. the d5 from actual pc up to phobya is not enough. they both running at the same time when in use 0 problems..
i have a 240 rad multiport right in the middle of the loop which i use to throw the quick disconnects out of the pc in a parallel way. if the phobya its not on for example the pressure it have between outside and inside its like a block and the water its self contained inside pc. The phobya setup its controlled by a power source with control remote which i turn on and off wireless when i need the cooling XD

My phobya combo its self contained eco system same as my mora 3 if i want to switch pcs with quick disconnects etc. its easier as it have everything to run a loop rad+pump just need to plug the coldplates. it can work too as described above 0 problems as long you have pressure in your system and your reservoir for example its pressurized 0 problems no water from neither reservoir will fill the other and it will not escape thru there or fill it up they will stay the same...

all my d5s are in 3 setting btw i want perf and noise together XD

Last edited by zGunBLADEz; 08-08-2019 at 07:08 AM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
it should be fine, and run easy. don't do anything stupid like 90s or QDs off your pump (or even the first few inches) & keep the reservoir above the pump & you should be golden.

n yes, those black QD4 look nice, but get weird real quick, at least with the batch i had. Mine got so sticky that i was gonna break something using them, whereas those clips should function just like an air hose. nice & springy.
Thx for the reply,

I will test my set up outside the case + QDC4 with a flow meter from Koolance i almost thrown away an old batch of Koolance 702 coolant which is older then 2.5 years (shelf life 2.5 year) why not plain distilled water? Because this Koolance 702 has slight higher viscosity then distilled water then i know for sure what the GPM will be. After that clean the system (flush with distilled water) and put fresh Koolance 702 coolant. Not using 90 degree fittings but i do have 2 or 3, 45 degree fittings.

The Black QDC4 i had was before the whole ordeal with the oxidation but i never used them and EVEN then they oxidize even in a sealed plastic bag.....what a waste of money! 2 pair down the gutter.

Ive read somewhere in order for these QDC4 to open smoothly (and some people had difficulty regardless of which color silver or black) one must open say the reservoir first then disconnect the QDC4 ie pressure difference.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)

Are these phobya 1260 rads just normal restriction rads from what i see on the net? They are not on par with say the MORA-3 or AMS rads correct?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
ttnuagmada

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
The massive losses really kick in under ~.5-6 GPM. From there to 1 GPM Isn't a huge difference in most loops.

But agreed, a temp sensor is a must have, and a flow sensor is highly advisable.
I agree with this. On my loop going from .6 GPM to 1 GPM does basically nothing for CPU temps and gets me like 4-5C on max GPU temps, if that.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 540 (Unique: 306)

yep, and your build highlights something not present in a typical "in-case" build. lots of distance to travel.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 03:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Cobra26 View Post

Are these phobya 1260 rads just normal restriction rads from what i see on the net? They are not on par with say the MORA-3 or AMS rads correct?
You mean perf wise? The phobya is the best big rad out there if you can find one and the less restricted of the big ones.

The only way a mora will win if you go in a push/pull config and not by much. Bundy review it only with a 9 fan configuration. They have plates or you can build one for push/pull. This is the best piece of water cooling i have bought so far. I dont even need to run fans at full speed lol. Those 140mm white fans are quiet as hell on low volts. Inexpendive too artic cooling f14.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in