So here is my 6+ year old CPU 380A block - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

So here is my 6+ year old CPU 380A block

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
So here is my 6+ year old CPU 380A block

Hi all,

So it was time to tear down my secondary pc for cleaning...upon further inspection it wasn't really needed. The block came out clean no oxidation no gunking almost as if brand new! This is a 6+ year old cpu block that i opened up for cleaning around 3 years ago same deal spotless clean. It just boggles me when people have issues in just under 6 months when using distilled water + silver kill coil or other pre mix coolants. I am using only Koolance 702 coolant and it kept everything clean including my fittings and their threads.

There is some feedback against the usage of pre mix coolant well this is true for some of the pre mix coolants out there. But this one is just excellent no regrets the only downside it is pretty expensive for a 700ml bottle here in Europe a whopping 25 eur which translates to around 30 USA dollar a bottle! Here are some pics the photo's don't do it much justice but its the best i have i instantly took photos upon opening the nickel plated block (Koolance 380A):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0544.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	5.90 MB
ID:	288840  

Name:	DSC_0546.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	5.60 MB
ID:	288842  

Name:	DSC_0547.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	6.02 MB
ID:	288844  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
You used very high end coolant and a high end block for the time,The 702 you used is a great long term coolant but is a little pricey.I think a lot of problems people have are lack of cleaning the loop before use.Or used some junky coolant,Didn't do their homework and research on things before buying them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
You used very high end coolant and a high end block for the time,The 702 you used is a great long term coolant but is a little pricey.I think a lot of problems people have are lack of cleaning the loop before use.Or used some junky coolant,Didn't do their homework and research on things before buying them.
I agree with you!

I did my research obviously cleaned flush all my parts before use including my tubing that i flushed as well.
Ive seen nickel plated blocks start to oxidize within 6 months or less then i read what they were using as coolant....or no flush or both...
Then we have people who advise against pre mix coolants (depending on what type of pre mix coolant). But to me this long term 702 from Koolance is working like a charm and keeps nickel plated blocks clean even after years of non stop usage. Better KNOCK on wood!

People do your self a favor ditch the colored coolant which may gung your blocks or worse oxidize it at a fast rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 462 (Unique: 262)
I had the same block - used 8 dollars worth of 50/50 antifreeze for over 5 years , the only thing I found in the fins were tiny bits of the black coating the radiator had on it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post
I had the same block - used 8 dollars worth of 50/50 antifreeze for over 5 years , the only thing I found in the fins were tiny bits of the black coating the radiator had on it.
Heard great things with anti freeze if used properly i was to worry some to mess things up so i opted for lazy ie pre mix.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 131 (Unique: 116)
Secondary PC with i take not much load on it. The hotter the water the faster bacteria grows. Also using a high end coolant works wonders. In my loop with a GPU aswell i had a gunk buildup with distilled water and kill coil after 1.5 years.

I like to have fun.
https://hwbot.org/user/sockskeepyouwarm/
https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/II+TH3PRO+II
16 Threads is Good
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core I9 9900K 4.8Ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Elite
GPU
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB 11GB
RAM
Trident Z
Hard Drive
Samsung 250 SSD
Power Supply
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid
Cooling
Watercooling Custom
Case
900D
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
28" ACER 4K Monitor
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in