Just an update, I got 1/2'' OD 3/8'' ID Tubing. 1/4'' thread to 3/8'' barb fitting. The ID of the in the fitting is at max. Really helped the GPM. And the new pump pulling seems to help it out too. Then I made a cardboard box hybrid with my blower. Max temps with my highest overclocks on FireStrike GPU 47C TJ 79 Memory 70. GScore27093 Ttotal 21096 Core 2040 ram 960 Maxpw 55%. Put the cardboad together real fast, will improve it later, tapes not on anything hot.
My block has been filtering out the water ^^. Cleaned out a bunch of dirt. I really need to seal the tote, but I don't have a rubber ducky yet so... I'm actually going to test it sealed. If the temps ever rises, which it pretty much shouldn't. If so I'll put some mesh on top to collect dust and allow venting.
I might throw in some radiator coolant, 10\90 aint bad. I won't get completely serious on biocides\corrosion until I go and get 40 gallons of distilled, or move on beyond the 40 gallon tote. Pain in the you know what hauling em upstairs.
Oh yeah I added some thermal glue\ thermal pads(therm glue both sides\old heatsink fins but it was super weak. They were way to loose. Didn't make it into the testing phase. Next time I'll skip the thermal pads on the memory and just use the glue. It's really ugly but I'll post my rushed attempt below. I actually spent time cutting and pulling these little fins off the original heat sink, re flattening the bottoms...
It was learning experience. I plan to use some real heatsinks with maybe the original fins to help direct air traffic.
EDIT my block is not that green, it's just a weird pic, it's not green at all.
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Blower, Ryzen 2600 4.0 ghz, AIO Cool Mast Seidon 120mm, 3200 ddr3 cl16, B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt PSU.
Last edited by treetops422; 09-10-2019 at 07:46 PM.