Deionized water in custom loop - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Deionized water in custom loop

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Deionized water in custom loop

Hello guys, as suggested before in this forum i just run the blitz kit 1 into my 2 rads and now i am about to install the whole loop and run the blitz kit 2, read the instructions and it says its just fine to use deionized water during this procedure.

But heres the deal, i cant find distilled water anymore(last time i found was 3 years ago and it just finished).

I have both the mayhems biocide + and the inhibitor + are these 2 drops enough to protect my system using deionized water or i will still need distilled (maybe placing a special order but it will take days).

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 28)
DI is really no different from distilled water just different process of making it, there might be less purity in DI but tbh. I wouldn't stress over it at all, Its fine and once you start using Biocide+ & Inhibitor+ this stuff will take care of everything else, your system will be as safe is can be.

If your loop contains up to 1L of water use 2 drops of each on initial fill up, then add single drop of each every 3 months.

If your loop contains 1.5L - 2 L of water, initially use 2 drops of each, but use 2 drops of each every 3 months.

Hope that helps

Last edited by NewUser16; 09-06-2019 at 05:37 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Great answer dude, this is all i wanted to know!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Use the distilled. Its actually purer. I get it for around $.95 a gallon at Shoprite.

Check the label and make sure that no "minerals were added for taste" or any other alterations. It should be pure distilled.

Build: msi C8r (Carbon8r)
Core i7-9700K OC 5 GHz, MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Mobo, AMD Radeon VII GPU OC 2K MHz, Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE ATX Case.
XSPC RayStorm Pro CPU w/b, Bykski Radeon VII GPU w/b, EKWB 140 Revo D5 Pump & Res.
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT USB Fan-Controller, Vision Touch and 'High Flow' Sensor.
(2x) Hardware Labs Black ice Nemesis 280GTS XFLOW radiators and (1x) Alphacool NexXxoS XT45X-Flow 140 in full push/pull.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in