Aquaero 6 XT question - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Aquaero 6 XT question

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Aquaero 6 XT question

Hello all of you Aquaero & Aquacomputer guru's.
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post my question, and if it Is not, if someone would be so kind to steer me in the correct direction then I will post the question there.

Even though I have some experience with water-cooling, this is the first opportunity I have to work with their products and wondering if any of the experts here could provide a bit of guidance so I won't ruin them. I'm currently working with an Aquaero 6 XT, Aquastream XT, Aquacomputer MPS Flow 400, a couple of Thermaltake Riing 12 sets, and a ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula Z270.

My question is can the aquabus on the Aquaero 6 XT communicate and/or utilize data found on the Motherboard, for example like the Fan or Pump readings? Or does it only work if the items are directly connected to the Aquaero.

I'm open to any guidance that you could provide, seeing as the documentation isn't quite clear. If more details are needed, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm currently working on a schematic to provide a clearer picture. Thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
almost positive its only for comms with the head unit.

there's an aquaero club, but i'm too lazy to go find it.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
The latest Aquasuite software has a "service" that runs in the background and communicates with most motherboards.
Using the Aquasuite Software, the Aquaero XT can obtain quite a bit of data such as CPU Temp, Fan Speeds for fans connected to the motherboard, etc.

RodeoGeorge

Here is the link to the Aquaero Owners Club on this forum
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...ners-club.html

A link to the Build Log for my latest build (ASUS8) in a Thermaltake Tower 900.
https://www.overclock.net/t/1621450/build-log-thermaltake-tower-900-asus8

Last edited by wa3pnt; 09-11-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:02 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 20 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilNo View Post
My question is can the aquabus
Expert advice thus far from what i can see.. /irony.
To get you started, the simple way to think of "Aquabus" is as an Aqua Computer-exclusive communication/signal protocol.
Multiple Aqua Computer devices can and do communicate (both ways) with one another through "Aquabus"; that's the gist of it.

Aquabus therefore does not read, think, process or 'do'; it just transmits.
It can be from the simplest of things, letting one Aqua Computer device "know" another's plugged into it (think of it as a handshake between the two units, Aquabus merely the 'road' the info travels on), all the way to telling one device what to do, with multiple instructions for a number of variables (where yet again, Aquabus does nothing but transmit said instructions and variables to and fro; they will always originate from some device, Aquabus isn't a device).

While it can appear as if it's a very special protocol, and as such -for example- say needing a 'special' cable to implement it, in partice it's nothing but a PWM application. Signal (read: info) travels through it the exact same way your fan's revolutions/data do; through pulse modulations. That's all it is. It being also why any PWM cable (say a fan extension) can work as an Aquabus cable just as well.
Hope that helps.

* Where it may get complicated for the uninitiated is mixing/confusing Aquabus with a PWM-controlled device. Assuming one understands the above however.. it's why you see some AC products separating Aquabus from PWM; different functions (while both use pulses, the intervals between the.. 'pings' are different so as not to have mixups between the two [say.. device priority, which gets 'read' first? The Aquabus or the PWM one?], as well as the power going through the cables), and something you need always keep in mind.

As to the specific devices you mentioned, there's no easy way for anyone to give you a TLDR version; way too many possibilities and options. You need to do some heavy reading for those. Find the Aquaero Owners Club thread within the Water Cooling subforum and give it a read. Will take you a lot of time, but.. you asked for it)

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 09-12-2019 at 05:23 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
First "Thank you" for your quick responses and all of your recommendations, suggestions, and guidance. I will definitely lookup this thread and start getting into a reading mood.
Thanks again
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
HWiNFO64 is a great secondary service to run, that the Aquasuite can recognize.

Make sure to configure HWiNFO64 to run at startup and the Aquasuite will pick up the info from that service (once configured in Aquasuite).
I configured mine to start as Sensors only and out of sight. When I need to test some settings, I can double click on the icon and it opens in my sensor window.
It's very configurable and very nice to use in conjunction with my Aquaero 6 LT.

Build: msi C8r (Carbon8r)
Core i7-9700K OC 5 GHz, MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Mobo, AMD Radeon VII GPU OC 2K MHz, Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE ATX Case.
XSPC RayStorm Pro CPU w/b, Bykski Radeon VII GPU w/b, EKWB 140 Revo D5 Pump & Res.
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT USB Fan-Controller, Vision Touch and 'High Flow' Sensor.
(2x) Hardware Labs Black ice Nemesis 280GTS XFLOW radiators and (1x) Alphacool NexXxoS XT45X-Flow 140 in full push/pull.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Aquabus is only used to connect Aquacomputer devices with eachother.
But the Aquaero connects via internal USB to the motherboard. And if you install the Aquasuite software, you can read the data from your motherboard. And programs like HWinfo64 will also read the info from the Aquaero.
I installed my Aquaero a good year ago and it's one of the best upgrades I have done to my system.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in