Thermaltake hard pipe fittings questions - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake hard pipe fittings questions

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Thermaltake hard pipe fittings questions

So I got thermaltake 16od compression fittings the pipe just pushes in. Little concerned about that. There fairly tight but I expected them to be some form of method to tighten them down. Any one with any experience with these
https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-...ter-black.html

what is windows 8?

"Well, when two copies of Windows 7 love each other..."
(From Marin had to steel it sorry )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 30)
This is just a friendly suggestion..stay away from TT, especially watercooling gear, unless you want to ruin your PC, their parts are cheap and if anything goes wrong, which high possibility down the road it will, don't bother trying to get their help, you on your won and probably to blame for whatever you dealing with.

Invest in better quality components by company that will stand behind their product e.g. Bitspower, Heatkiller, Aquacomputer, XSPC, Swifteh even EK will be better than TT

Last edited by NewUser16; 09-13-2019 at 04:10 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
Stay away from TT

So why?

The water cooling parts I can see, but I have 2 TT cases an X5 and a ComanderC34 that I'm currently building a system in. I also have several fans that I use for airflow that are as quiet as my Noctua fans I have for static pressure (my computer sits 2 1/2' away from me), the Noctua fans run full speed 24/7 and a few of my TT fans have been in service for some time now. I also own 2 of their Commander fan controllers. All of the stuff seems to be of decent quality, I've never had any issues with the products that I have used.

Open Air Build
(13 items)
CPU
i9
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
GPU
MSI GEFORCE GTX1080 TI GAMING X 11G
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA
Cooling
All PrimoChill parts (Rad 360, Pumps D5, Fittings, and Acrylic Tubing), Byskey CPU&GPU Blocks
Case
Praxis Wet Bench
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus Predrator
Other
Thermaltake Commander F6 Fan Controller
Other
DIY Sleeved Cables
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by smilinjohn View Post
So why?

The water cooling parts I can see, but I have 2 TT cases an X5 and a ComanderC34 that I'm currently building a system in. I also have several fans that I use for airflow that are as quiet as my Noctua fans I have for static pressure (my computer sits 2 1/2' away from me), the Noctua fans run full speed 24/7 and a few of my TT fans have been in service for some time now. I also own 2 of their Commander fan controllers. All of the stuff seems to be of decent quality, I've never had any issues with the products that I have used.
TT is well knowing to blame their customers for their manufacturers defects. Also, their watercooling components are made with tolerance that is all over the place, one out of few fittings are different size and that goes for tubing and even O-rings, they also use low grade material for their components.

If you only looking at the view of their products, some might even look nice, but that is deceiving.

I will give you one example, but I'm sure there is a ton of other people that were facing similar dilemma..My nephew got some TT gear and he is very careful and meticulous about how he installs things, he's been watrecooling for few years with good results and I try to talk him out of getting TT, he didn't listen so he paid dearly.

New system that was few days old and his CPU block started leaking TT send him replacement after 3 weeks of dragging it out of them, strike 1..

The very next day that replacement leaked and shorted his M/B, what was worse, he only knew that after fact, the replacement wasn't new, when he opened the block, It had burned micro channel and they blamed him for pretty much everything they could.

He latterly took all TT parts and tossed into the garbage and said never ever, ever TT, you can't trust them, but I'm sure sooner or later anyone who uses TT faces some sort of nonsense.

Person asked about hard (rigid tubing) so its watercool related, but tbh. after seen and hearing about TT I wouldn't give them second of my time and neither would by anything of theirs.

Last edited by NewUser16; 09-13-2019 at 04:33 PM.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Parrot View Post
So I got thermaltake 16od compression fittings the pipe just pushes in. Little concerned about that. There fairly tight but I expected them to be some form of method to tighten them down. Any one with any experience with these
https://www.thermaltake.com/pacific-...ter-black.html
You should try Bitspowers 16mmOD Enhanced Multi link fittings and their tubing's, you would be amazed how tight and firm they fit and every single fitting and tube is exactly the same size, BP might have the tightest most accurate tolerance.

If installed properly, never ever leak and If you have issue, even after warranty, they have super customer support that will work hard to please you.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
TT is well knowing to blame their customers for their manufacturers defects. Also, their watercooling components are made with tolerance that is all over the place, one out of few fittings are different size and that goes for tubing and even O-rings, they also use low grade material for their components.

If you only looking at the view of their products, some might even look nice, but that is deceiving.

I will give you one example, but I'm sure there is a ton of other people that were facing similar dilemma..My nephew got some TT gear and he is very careful and meticulous about how he installs things, he's been watrecooling for few years with good results and I try to talk him out of getting TT, he didn't listen so he paid dearly.

New system that was few days old and his CPU block started leaking TT send him replacement after 3 weeks of dragging it out of them, strike 1..

The very next day that replacement leaked and shorted his M/B, what was worse, he only knew that after fact, the replacement wasn't new, when he opened the block, It had burned micro channel and they blamed him for pretty much everything they could.

He latterly took all TT parts and tossed into the garbage and said never ever, ever TT, you can't trust them, but I'm sure sooner or later anyone who uses TT faces some sort of nonsense.

Person asked about hard (rigid tubing) so its watercool related, but tbh. after seen and hearing about TT I wouldn't give them second of my time and neither would by anything of theirs.

FWIW, I do more than just look at the view of a companies products. EKs stuff looks nice too but they had (have?) issues with their plating flaking off, that's why when I got into water cooling a PC I avoided their blocks, and TBH I'm still a little nervous about that whole subject and will be monitoring it closely when I get my EK monoblock installed on this new build. But I do more than shop for the pretty parts, I read reviews, read forums, and ask questions like the one I posed to your post

Like I said in my post, when it comes to water cooling parts I can see staying away from TT, they've come to the WC scene late in the game and that particular product line has a lot of negative reviews out there, as well as water block and coolant product companies of this hobby (whos primary focus is WC) post warnings about incompatibilities with TT rads. Your post that I quoted though was all-inclusive of their entire product lineup, personally I've had good experiences with the things of theirs I have, none of which are WC parts, but as I said above, I read and ask questions, it's the only way to learn.

Open Air Build
(13 items)
CPU
i9
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA
Cooling
All PrimoChill parts (Rad 360, Pumps D5, Fittings, and Acrylic Tubing), Byskey CPU&GPU Blocks
Case
Praxis Wet Bench
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus Predrator
Other
Other
DIY Sleeved Cables
▲ hide details ▲
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Overclocker in training

Rep: 71 (Unique: 55)
Hi,
TT reminds me of China clone company
They copy popular design and paste it out in Cheapest possible way.
ThermalFake is their trademark

I did try to get support on a foe ring or what ever it's call aio
Never heard back from them which the software was a sad joke was errors besides that the wiring for a simple aio was also a sad joke
Shortest item I ever owned it when back the next day.

CPU
i9-9940x With Heatkiller IV Pro and VRM Plexi-Copper water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
2-280GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads with D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
2-240 GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads/ D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Hard Drive
eLeaf MELO-3 4ml
Power Supply
SE US18650VTC6 3120mAh 30A 3.6V 18650 Li-ion Battery - GREENx4
Case
ANGIS Legion MOD 200w Geek Vape
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by smilinjohn View Post
FWIW, I do more than just look at the view of a companies products. EKs stuff looks nice too but they had (have?) issues with their plating flaking off, that's why when I got into water cooling a PC I avoided their blocks, and TBH I'm still a little nervous about that whole subject and will be monitoring it closely when I get my EK monoblock installed on this new build. But I do more than shop for the pretty parts, I read reviews, read forums, and ask questions like the one I posed to your post

Like I said in my post, when it comes to water cooling parts I can see staying away from TT, they've come to the WC scene late in the game and that particular product line has a lot of negative reviews out there, as well as water block and coolant product companies of this hobby (whos primary focus is WC) post warnings about incompatibilities with TT rads. Your post that I quoted though was all-inclusive of their entire product lineup, personally I've had good experiences with the things of theirs I have, none of which are WC parts, but as I said above, I read and ask questions, it's the only way to learn.
With them and I mean none WC parts, is hit-and-miss, but generally speaking most of their parts are ???? and I would not get anything of theirs even if it was 1/2 price...............

I still have their 600W PSU that I got few years ago but barely use it, I only got it because was really cheap and I needed external PSU for leak testing my system, still works, but man, the quality it's so darn poor, It's unbelievable.

I agree that EK is not the best quality as well but I think they became so popular because they are usually the first to come up with blocks available for new GPUs..maybe that's not the best thing and why sometimes quality suffers.

Anyhow.. yes, the best way to make as min. mistakes is possible is to do your homework, presumable 8 out of 10 helps to narrow down the bad stuff.

Last edited by NewUser16; 09-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Well seems like a lot of hate to tt. The crazy thing is they whernt that cheap on the fittings. But I think I'll order up some other brand as I'm not taking a chance with this computer to many nice new shiny parts

what is windows 8?

"Well, when two copies of Windows 7 love each other..."
(From Marin had to steel it sorry )

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 03:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by The_Parrot View Post
Well seems like a lot of hate to tt. The crazy thing is they whernt that cheap on the fittings. But I think I'll order up some other brand as I'm not taking a chance with this computer to many nice new shiny parts

A computer is a lot of money and to water cool, then gamble with substandard parts. That's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take, I'm already taking enough of a risk getting liquid within possible fatal proximity to my very expensive custom PC if something goes wrong, I prefer to minimize that possibility as much as possible.

Open Air Build
(13 items)
CPU
i9
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA
Cooling
Case
Praxis Wet Bench
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus Predrator
Other
Other
DIY Sleeved Cables
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in