Optimus Waterblock - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Optimus Waterblock

post #21 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 18)
Looking forward to seeing your results. This will provide alternatives to the other players out there. If anyone get there GPU Block, please share your results. Will help others when it comes time to buying water blocks for next generation GPU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
Looking forward to seeing your results. This will provide alternatives to the other players out there. If anyone get there GPU Block, please share your results. Will help others when it comes time to buying water blocks for next generation GPU.
Anfi-tec Drei is <1.5&#194;&#176;C off from top best blocks. Interesting to see results. Aand I fixed all the typos. I'm typo generator. I was spelling it "Anti" it's "Anfi". There is also room for mods. Anfi-tec Drei has a removable jet plate.

Last edited by Miiksu; 10-17-2019 at 01:33 PM.
post #23 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
With what drain ball valve, flow meter, temperature sensor and hose should I go in order to maintain this philosophy?

Quote: Originally Posted by Optimus PC
PLASTICIZER-FREE EPDM O-RINGS
O-rings seem like a small detail, but are critically important for PC loops. We only use US-made EPDM o-rings with zero plasticizer added. EPDM is the industry standard, and the most bulletproof PC tubing is matte black EPDM. Plasticizer was common in clear tubing to make it flexible, but disintegrates and turns into loop gunk. In the last few years, tubing manufacturers have worked to eliminate plasticizers in tubes, but plasticizers can still be found in o-rings. Common o-ring materials like nitrile (aka buna-n and NBR) and viton can contain plasticizers. And often need lubricating oil to fit correctly into blocks, a major source of fluid gunk buildup. You'll notice this oil leaching in GPUs. Moreover, parts with no-name o-rings in funky colors are seriously problematic. Colored silicone o-rings, moreover, are very fragile. Using pure EPDM is more difficult requiring the parts to have higher accuracy, but the benefits are loops free from contaminants.
BANISHING FLAKY ELECTROPLATED NICKEL
Flaking, disintegrating nickel is a widespread problem in liquid cooling. After all, nickel PC fittings and blocks prohibit use with plain water, or you void the warranty. Instead, you must use anti-corrosive fluids to protect nickel components Why? Because the industry standard electroplated (aka electrolytic) nickel is a cosmetic nickel finish that isn't meant to be used in liquid applications. Often called chrome or shiny nickel, electroplated nickel is cost effective and looks good.

Unfortunately, water, anti-fungals and fancy fluids, including opaques, will rapidly strip electroplated nickel. The gunk that will appear in block fins isn't just broken down fluid, it's often disintegrated nickel, paint and cheap plastics. If this seems crazy, it is. After all, the cheapest home faucet can handle tap water, so why can’t expensive PC fittings survive basic H2O?

Alas, eletroplated nickel is the PC industry standard. What's the solution?
PRO-XE ELECTROLESS NICKEL
Optimus parts are finished with only industrial-grade extreme corrosion resistant nickel, called PRO-XE electroless nickel.Electroless is an aerospace industry finish with extreme chemical resistance, hardness and superior fluid lubricity. So why isn't everyone using electroless? Cost and appearance. Electroless is far more difficult to manufacture, especially when achieving perfect finishes needed for premium PC builds. And electroless can't achieve that easy chrome look of electroplating, which is why electroplating is the industry standard, even if it shouldn't be used.
SAFE FOR H2O
Aside from reliability, electroless nickel is able to withstand saltwater, corrosive chemicals and, yes, even plain water.With Optimus, you can use distilled water without fear of flaking. Distilled, aside from being cheap, is also the highest performance coolant readily available. Anti-corrosive additives lower the thermal conductivity of the liquid.That's why we can offer a 10 year warranty, even with regular H2O. It has been a herculean task to create Optimus's electroless products, but the results look great and are nearly indestructible.
I'm really excited to be able to use pure water in my loop.

Sadly, Optimus PC yet have no realeased ita complete portfolio like radiators (see its Twitter page) and the above mentioned items. I have therefore tried to make a list that closely matches the philosophy cited (note for Bitspower true brass). Chose parts without nickel, chome or/and e-plated finish. By beign black, I believe o-rings on Bitspower's are EPDM, no? Following is the list:

Code:
01 x LIAN LI PC-O11
01 x LIAN LI PW-IC01NH45
01 x Seasonic PRIME TX-1000
01 x Optimus Foundation CPU Block - AMD
01 x EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock for EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N
01 x Optimus Absolute D5 Reservoir System
01 x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 360 MP
01 x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 240 MP
05 x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
14 x Optimus Flex Compression Fitting
01 x Aqua Computer Flow sensor high flow USB
02 x Bitspower G1/4" True Brass Temperature Sensor Stop Fitting
01 x Bitspower True Brass Mini Valve With Black Handle
14 x Optimus G 1/4" Plug
01 x Watercool EPDM Tubing ID 3/8" - 5/8" OD (16/10mm) black matte
05 x Mayhems X1 Clear 1 Ltr Premixed V2
01 x Mayhems Blitz Kit
01 x Thermalright TFX Thermal Paste 6.2g

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It's nice to see some new companies out there. Will be following Optimus going forward. Who knows in couple years with my next complete rebuild, I might go all optimus cooling.
post #25 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 03:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
It's nice to see some new companies out there. Will be following Optimus going forward. Who knows in couple years with my next complete rebuild, I might go all optimus cooling.
Yes, fellow. I want to know what radiators, flow meters, temperature sensors, GPU blocks, tubing etc match wit its products, banishing flacky eplated, chrome, plasticizers etc. They state 10y warranty with just H2O (distilled water). I'd love to follow this route. Does those Bitspower True Brass parts match out? The hose I guess is suitable (EPDM). The rad too because it is pure copper I guess. I will use the plugs (stop fittings) by them because those parts are PRO-XE nickel plated (its solution for flacking) and use EDPM o-rings. They ar expensive though. Please, help me.

post #26 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 01:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hmm. I just checked this is toolless installation and only three parts for each hole. No backplate, no washers, no springs. I'm bit scared to install this. Hope it works. Anfi-tec Drei has more parts but it looked a bit more professional approach. Maybe this is so perfectly engineered and machinered that everything fits perfectly. I try to get today some results. It's slow to change a block because I have two pumps and also 5700XT in same loop.

post #27 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 47)
" Thanks and for sure! Threadripper 3 will need some serious cooling for those extra hot, extra dense dies. The older designs out there prob won't be able to handle it. We're going to use a new version of our cold plate with the 0.1mm micro fins. The surface area of our cold plate will be be gigantic. Plus a whole new flow path to match the new die layout of Threadripper 3. We're excited "

The V1s were 0.127mm iirc.

post #28 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Finally I got tested them all. I got some interesting results. I did RealBench stress test 15 min. CPU only. I was hoping a bit better results. System specs: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock), Radeon 5700XT (stock), Alphacool 360LT+240LT and two China 12V pump on parellel. I think it may be the mounting pressure was not enough. I did not like installation. Its rough and lacks backplate, washers and springs. I'll do the test again later is there is thermal paste problem. Anfi-tec Drei offer superior performance and it was only 90€ the Optimus block was a whopping 150€.

This is what I got:
Aqua Computer Delrin 45.1°C
Optimus Foundation 41°C
Anfi-tec Drei 35.9°C

Last edited by Miiksu; 10-26-2019 at 07:55 AM.
post #29 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for update, Interesting results I shpuld know mine in couple weeks once case is painted and i move over my rig.

The mounting for am4 is all like that. Even the heatkiller am4 doesn’t use the backplate.

The Ever Ongoing Build. 3950X. X570 Hero VIII, 32GB GSkill Trident Z 4000mhz, Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000Watt, 1TB 960 Pro, 1TB WD SN750.

Last edited by Section31; 10-26-2019 at 09:04 AM.
post #30 of 4237 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 10:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for update, Interesting results I shpuld know mine in couple weeks once case is painted and i move over my rig.

The mounting for am4 is all like that. Even the heatkiller am4 doesn’t use the backplate.
It helps with the even pressure. I'm not ever been fan of non strengthened holding. Still I was not expecting more than 2-3°C differences.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in