Optimus Waterblock - Page 339 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Optimus Waterblock

post #3381 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by oreonutz View Post
So you know I love me some CPC QDC's, we've had this discussion. But I to date have only used the NS4's, I love the ones direct from CPC (Or in my case through a local supplier), they love that I am using them for Computer water cooling, they are so fascinated by it, because all of their normal customer use cases are medical or industrial.

Anyways, I hadn't really branched out to any of their other products, so when you mentioned the LQ4, I just went off to grab some, went direct to the colder website to get a ballpark on how much I should expect my Supplier to charge me.

And then I saw this... $63!!!! For just one Female QDC!!! And I still need the male Side, The Male with Barb to go With it, another $43, thats $106 before taxes and shipping for just One Pair!!!

And I thought the Bitspower QDC's were expensive!

Not so sure I am going to allow myself to even try those, I will have a hard time justifying that one to clients when the NS4's are literally a 5th of the Price and Work just fine. LOL! (Let me know if you have a connection on price with those though, I definitely will be reaching out to my Supplier on Monday to see if their pricing is similar, but unless CPC just charges an outrageous markup on their Site, I have a feeling this is what to expect...

Spoiler!
Saw it too. I really like the look of the LQ4 but the pricing really scared me off. Sticking to koolance lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3382 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 11:51 AM
Official OptimusPC.com

Rep: 11 (Unique: 7)
Yeah they're crazy expensive. I talked to CPC about the pricing and I'm told they're super complex to make with virtually zero liquid released. I've used them and they are really, really nice. Good choice for super sensitive setups where no drops are needed.

Also, re: Koolance, some of what I'm referencing came from a premium AI PC company we worked with. They started with all Koolance then switched to CPC (and Optimus) because of numerous issues. I believe even with stainless they ran into rubbing issues that caused faults over time. Their solution needed to be rock solid, no tweaking to get it to work right. But for those guys, budget didn't matter. Or another $100 for the best qdcs was def worth it.

OFFICIAL OPTIMUS WATER COOLING
Made in Chicago, USA. 10 year warranty. optimuspc.com

Last edited by Optimus WC; 05-23-2020 at 11:57 AM.
post #3383 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Tech Enthusiast

Rep: 91 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by Optimus WC View Post
Yeah they're crazy expensive. I talked to CPC about the pricing and I'm told they're super complex to make with virtually zero liquid released. I've used them and they are really, really nice. Good choice for super sensitive setups where no drops are needed.

Also, re: Koolance, some of what I'm referencing came from a premium AI PC company we worked with. They started with all Koolance then switched to CPC (and Optimus) because of numerous issues. I believe even with stainless they ran into rubbing issues that caused faults over time. Their solution needed to be rock solid, no tweaking to get it to work right. But for those guys, budget didn't matter. Or another $100 for the best qdcs was def worth it.
That makes complete sense. I think for now I will just stick with NS4's, I have them in just under 20 System's right now, and so far no issues at with them. There is only one client where they actually disconnect them regularly, but in that case there hasn't been any issues either. However, I may look into getting me a couple pairs of LQ4's to have on hand for new builds just to give the option. I know that the Pressure Increase they can handle is a pretty big deal, so If I come into a use a case that goes near that, then I can highly recommend these, but as is we Normally run Dual D5's, and the Pressure doesn't come even close to the top end the NS4's can handle, so outside having a tougher QDC, not sure the major benefit from moving up would be, there definitely isnt any flaking from the NS4's, there just isn't anyway to mount them direct to a component or manifold, which obviously can be worked around.

Anyways, none the less, I appreciate you putting them on my Radar, its always a good idea to know about the best for when a client will only accept the best.

-MattTheTech

Offical Ryzen 9 3900x Owner!
Offical Ryzen 9 3950x Owner!
DodekaZen3000
(34 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3950x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200Mhz (PC4 25600) - F4-3200C14D-16GFX (x2 Kits)
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850/860 Evo (x3 Raid 0 Game Drive)
Hard Drive
WD Black 4TB (x2 Raid 0 Storage Drive)
Hard Drive
860 Evo
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray Burner (Model BH16NS40)
Optical Drive
5.25" to One 3.5" and One 2.25" Bay (Model Syba SY-MRA55006)
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000i
Cooling
EKWB Phoenix 360mm Modular Cooler
Cooling
280mm Alphacool UT60
Cooling
280mm EKWB Coolstream CE
Cooling
Optimus Foundation AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
x2 Corsair Pump/Res Combo
Cooling
EKWB Acrylic 1080ti FTW Block
Cooling
Aquaero 6xt
Case
Old Jonesbo Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Samsung NU8000 55Inch TV (Its a 4k TV But I run in it 1440p 120hz)
Monitor
LG 1080p 34 Inch Diplay
Keyboard
Corsair k70 RGB Lux Mk2
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Razer Vespula V2
Audio
Custom Built 7.1 Surround System
Audio
HT-Omega eClaro 7.1 Sound Card
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Other
Aquantia 10Gb NIC
Other
LSI 9211-8i
Other
Oculus Rift HMD
Other
10 ML120 + 6 ML140 Corsair Maglev Fans
Other
Phanteks Halo aRGB LUX x5
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3384 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 12:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
So, I've just ordered a Foundation, mostly out of curiosity.

I'll be doing some through testing on my gem of a 3900x, accounting for as many variables across numerous power ranges covering 75 watts to 210 watts (maybe 225) as measured at CPU Package Power (SMU) via Hwinfo.

Cautionary note, the dual CCD dissipates heat much better than single CCD, so this testing won't directly translate to single CCD Zen 2, but should give a decent idea.

Currently working on the baseline numbers for the Bitspower X370C6E lapped block. I'll get the Foundation numbers up late next week (covid shipping times willing).

If you're curious about the actual C/W across a wide wattage range, and not the testimonial style "it dropped my temps xC", watch this space to see if you should expect improvements.
post #3385 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 12:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by tcclaviger View Post
Cautionary note, the dual CCD dissipates heat much better than single CCD
Truth. Temps on my 3800x are kinda crap. I'm interested to see what it does for you on the 3900 with the two CCD.
post #3386 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 01:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post
So is it officially confirmed that I can remove the center o-ring for my AMD Foundation, since Optimus is doing away with it and it just restricts flow?
Hi,
Yes you can remove the o-ring or just shave the horizontal part flush so they don't compress into the cooling fins so much
Careful not to scratch the plexi if you shave them flush on the impression marks.

Wish I know about this before. I was thinking that lip on the plex was causing the crappy heat/flow problems even with my dual ekpump. I haven’t touched the block since it was just so much hotter then the HK and wasn’t even close to the new ek.
post #3387 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 02:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
Baseline data is in, this is for the Bitspower block pictured at the end. This is a terrible block as delivered, the cold plate is bowed more than an 80 year old power lifter's back. Once lapped it performs pretty well (better than a stock EK mono).

Sitting on hands until my foundation and VRM blocks arrive to reconfigure the setup for more testing.

Test configuration is done as it is to produce repeatable results. Allowing P95 to "do its thing" in small FFTs creates massive data errors as different FFT sizes created wildly swinging loads from 130 - 200 watts on my cpu across the same run.
Once testing is complete I'll make some nice pretty graphs
Water temp taken with a K-type Thermocouple, submerged in the reservoir centrally located.
HWinfo run at realtime priority to avoid tests drowning out sample rate.

Interesting how different tests conduct heat out of the chip differently based on what is activated in the CPU package during a specific test.

Daily OC is 103.4bclk, PBO enabled in Ryzen Master to restore dynamic clocking, and very interestingly returns a better C/W than the similar power fixed clock tests.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Data.png
Views:	37
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	348840  

Attached Images

Last edited by tcclaviger; 05-24-2020 at 03:06 AM.
post #3388 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 04:29 AM
Overclocker in training

Rep: 170 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by ppcli View Post
Wish I know about this before. I was thinking that lip on the plex was causing the crappy heat/flow problems even with my dual ekpump. I haven’t touched the block since it was just so much hotter then the HK and wasn’t even close to the new ek.
Hi,
Yeah sigV2 I had issues with the bow foundation was great as is
But both I simple flushed that o-ring where the bite marks are shown to lessen flow restriction.

Heatkiller 4 pro and ek magnitudes are pretty close ek a little cooler maybe 1 or 2c
Foundation slaughtered both easily on 2066

Got a possible new toy reserved so 2066 might get put on the back burner for a while so I can play with it with the foundation and maybe sigV2 next weekend maybe good thing I have a back plate that came with the sigV2

CPU
i9-9940x With Optimus Foundation copper-plexi and Heatkiller VRM copper-plexi water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper-plexi Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
D5 pump reservoir combo/ GTX280/ VRM block/ GTX280/ D5 top/ CPU block/ GPU block/ Mora 360/ repeat.
Cooling
MO-RA3 360 PRO stainless steel (25022)
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Other
5.0/https://valid.x86.fr/ez2ifr
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
D5 reservior combo/ 240GTX/ Koolance VRM block/ 240GTX/ D5 Top/ CPU block/ Gpu block/ Mora 360LT/ back to reservoir
Cooling
Mora 360LT black 25000
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
CPU
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 evo 500gb
Power Supply
EVGA 1000P2
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
post #3389 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 12:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by Optimus WC View Post
Hey so we have opinions about CDCs The best on the market are by CPC https://www.cpcworldwide.com/

The NS4s are the ones EK uses and they're really good. The LQ4 are amazing, really really well made. theyre like the Optimus of QDCs

The issue with Koolance ones are they will flake quickly. The blacks flake instantly, the nickel ones pretty quickly.
I have some black ones that a friend sold me after 3 years of use. They're still pristine, except for scratches on lockrings from rubber protector slipping when I was using metal pliers to tighten lockrings.

Last edited by pmc25; 05-24-2020 at 12:22 PM.
post #3390 of 3447 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 14)
I was just looking at them too but do they work with 3/8-5/8 tubing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in