Optimus Waterblock - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Optimus Waterblock

post #51 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
Professional tests are better. Ok i tried the test again but looks like my cpu died. I have debugging to do see what needs replacing.

Update: Good thing I had my friend Ryzen 3600 build in my house (helping him build it). Very much looking like the 3900X was the source of the issues. I suspect something happened during the changing of the block. The various ryzen builds have one issue i found, the CPU socket is not secure. If you tighten too much the block(even air cooler) the cpu comes out with it.

I will have to use my friend CPU for now but going to order in the 3950X (wait list).
Oh no! That's terrible, AMD's mounting and pin design is really mediocre, which is why they changed it for Threadripper (which is the best). That explains the performance issues! We designed our AMD block to deal with the suction issue as much as possible, but AMD really needs to step up here. Try to warranty that CPU, putting it in a motherboard shouldn't cause it to fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Don't currently have any of the new AM4 on hand to test, but more than happy to test X299 10 series as I have a 10 core and 18 core here atm, and also have a 3970X.

Would be direct comparisons against the Heatkiller variants.

I know we have talked before on Twitter on Discord, just putting it out there for others to see that if/when I can, I will test against the current champ

1900X/2950X/2970WX/2990WX on ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha
3960X/3970X on ASUS Zenith Extreme II
10900X/10980XE on ASUS Rampage VI Encore

Benching all other platforms one ASUS board at a time

Streacom BC1 | EVGA 1600T2 | KPC T-Rex/Inferno/KPx | G.Skill Memory
post #53 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by keeph8n View Post
Don't currently have any of the new AM4 on hand to test, but more than happy to test X299 10 series as I have a 10 core and 18 core here atm, and also have a 3970X.

Would be direct comparisons against the Heatkiller variants.

I know we have talked before on Twitter on Discord, just putting it out there for others to see that if/when I can, I will test against the current champ
Right on! We're a little away from Threadripper release, though we have a bunch more info here on our preorder page. Our surface area example attached is vs the current leader out there When we do release the block (hopefully mid-late dec) we'll definitely want some comparisons!

https://optimuspc.com/products/absol...threadripper-3

Also, here's the benchmark of how we do vs HK by PPCs, which matches our other benchmarks for other CPUs:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	optimus-threadripper-comparison-web-1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	309610  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
I can confirm for the 3700X, the test results show that the optimus block cools four degrees cooler than the heatkiller. Whenever that 3950X i will redo the tests.

That being said, I will redo the 3950X tests using my caselabs s8 instead. There are lot less risks considering its CPU block is connected via quick disconnects and the horizontal nature of the case minimizes the risk of any accidental damage occuring.

What i was concerned about when pulling out the cpu block too much was confirmed. There are bent pins on the CPU(damn difficult to see) as i needed strong white light and another cpu beside it to see it.
post #55 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: "I can confirm for the 3700X, the test results show that the optimus block cools four degrees cooler than the heatkiller."

Those numbers sound right Thanks for checking!
post #56 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:43 PM
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱

Rep: 160 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by Optimus WC View Post
Quote: "I can confirm for the 3700X, the test results show that the optimus block cools four degrees cooler than the heatkiller."

Those numbers sound right Thanks for checking!
what's the joke about you guys being connected to NASA?

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴ
█▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▀█▀

post #57 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
what's the joke about you guys being connected to NASA?

Responded on Discord

And not really a joke so much as our history involves making parts for the original NASA Lunar Roving Vehicle. The joke is we started NASA. We didn't...or did we??

Our history:

https://optimuspc.com/pages/company
post #58 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Enthusiast

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Hy Optimus!

Do you plan to release the Signature V2 CPU Block for AMD too?
When will we able to buy Optimus Products in Europe without the horrible shipping costs?
Thank you!

Reactor
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
GPU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3 HYDRO COPPER
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Hard Drive
PNY CS2030 M.2 NVMe SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM750X White
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Samsung 49KU6450
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
▲ hide details ▲
post #59 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Managed to get an 3900X from newegg so can resume testing. However, its going to be on my caselabs than my other build. That is going to be a one shot, i can't risk another dead 3900X.

Whoever up for challenge of restoring an 3900X can try though. I'm pretty sure its dead. Two Motherboards won't power on (I know they work as I have tested an 3600 on them) and the other gets stuck on bios (it works fine on the 3700x)
post #60 of 125 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Krisztias View Post
Hy Optimus!

Do you plan to release the Signature V2 CPU Block for AMD too?
When will we able to buy Optimus Products in Europe without the horrible shipping costs?
Thank you!
Yes, we plan on doing an AMD Signature block, though it prob won't be until we finish up the other products we're making right now (threadripper, GPUs, fittings)

And, for sure! We'll be setting up distribution in EU so you won't get slammed with customs and shipping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in