Overclock.net banner

Radiator push and pull ? Pull ? push ?

10K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  treetops422 
#1 ·
Hi everyone !

I'm about to start my second custom loop, I was wondering about the radiators, is it still better to have a configuration push and pull on 'em ?

I have this on my actual loop, but lately on the loop I've seen, I don't see many push and pull config, so I was wondering if it's still better or it doesn't matter anymore ?

Thank you :)

#3 ·
The situation is still the same. Any trends to go with certain fan setups is likely just a personal preference thing. 720mm of radiator space is going to be plenty for a single GPU and CPU loop regardless of your decision.

(my preference would be fans in pull-only, on very low speed)

#6 ·
Yea, anymore, it's more so a matter of preference. If you get a good set of fans in pull, you can check your idle temps versus your loaded temps, then add fans in push/pull and see that there may only be 1-2 degrees of difference. Especially with 720mm of radiator space.

I just tried it on my own rig, with a cpu/gpu loop and 2 360mm rads. push/pull offered a neglible difference at best during load. So I dropped down to just pull for a quieter setup.

#9 ·
Depends on the fans being used. I tried push pull with Eloops and saw very little difference in temperatures. Noise went up exponentially due to the design of the fan not liking pull configurations. I went back to push only and the silence is golden.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Depends on the fan, if it's not made to pull, push is default and cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.