Anybody here using an Optimus Signature V2? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Anybody here using an Optimus Signature V2?

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Anybody here using an Optimus Signature V2?

Anybody here using an Optimus Signature V2? How is it, whats your cpu oc'd to and what temps are you getting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Very interesen question.
Also I look at this water block myself - and choose between it and the test leaders - Aquacomputer Next PVD Silver Vario Vision, Koolance CPU-400l, Alphacool XPX.
But judging by the reddit - it was bought by one and a half people who refuse to answer questions.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 9)
Those are some small fins. Judging from the pictures, it will perform very well but will need a high head pressure pump for best performance. I see it being one of the, if not, the most restrictive block on the market but if you have a dual pump setup with head pressure for days, this block would be a great block for you. I have a Swiftech SFK with 125micron fins and I can tell you temperatures on the Swiftech scale very well with pump speed / head pressure. The Signature V2 has 102microns channels.

Asus Prime Z370, Intel 8700k @5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB @3400 CL14, Watercooling: x2 MCP355 pumps, x1 280 on front of case, x1 360 on top of case, x1 140 on back of case, x1 240 on bottom of case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 03:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
I will know the results from the foundation black (AMD) once I get the new machine up and ready by end of this weekend. I am comparing it to an Heatkiller CPU IV and using D5 Next as the pump.

It's not easy trying to setup an new machine when I need an active PC and the CPU, Motherboard and GPU are all currently setup in another water cooled rig that needs to be transplanted over. Timing the change is difficult.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
I will know the results from the foundation black (AMD) once I get the new machine up and ready by end of this weekend. I am comparing it to an Heatkiller CPU IV and using D5 Next as the pump.

It's not easy trying to setup an new machine when I need an active PC and the CPU, Motherboard and GPU are all currently setup in another water cooled rig that needs to be transplanted over. Timing the change is difficult.
From what I've seen of this block, the water flow channels for heat absorption doesn't look large enough to cover the Ryzen CPU spread.

Asus Prime Z370, Intel 8700k @5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB @3400 CL14, Watercooling: x2 MCP355 pumps, x1 280 on front of case, x1 360 on top of case, x1 140 on back of case, x1 240 on bottom of case
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
From what I've seen of this block, the water flow channels for heat absorption doesn't look large enough to cover the Ryzen CPU spread.
I wish an professional reviewer would look into it but there doesn't seem to be many other outside of thermal bench (VSG) and Igorlabs
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 12:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
I wish an professional reviewer would look into it but there doesn't seem to be many other outside of thermal bench (VSG) and Igorlabs
Yeah, not a whole lot of interest in custom loop review. Techpowerup has been the best source for me in terms of decent quality review and number of blocks reviewed.

I miss the days of Marin's Liquid Labs...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
VSG/Thermal Bench I believe does the cooling reviews for TechPowerUP now. They appear to be very detailed.

I just bought the V2 this morning after looking for reviews. It will be interesting to compare it against my V1. I run a 6W DDC pump and can verify that the flow rates are very weak with this pump/block combo.

GB Z390 Aorus Master, i7 8086k @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Gskill 3200CL14, Nvidia RTX2080Ti FE, Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000W, Optimus V1 in custom H2O loop, Fractal R6
GB Z68-UD7, i7 2600K @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB GSkill ram, Seasonic M12D 850W. CPU and MB water cooled. Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24 case

Last edited by Voodoo Rufus; 12-01-2019 at 09:48 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 05:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Those are some small fins. Judging from the pictures, it will perform very well but will need a high head pressure pump for best performance. I see it being one of the, if not, the most restrictive block on the market but if you have a dual pump setup with head pressure for days, this block would be a great block for you. I have a Swiftech SFK with 125micron fins and I can tell you temperatures on the Swiftech scale very well with pump speed / head pressure. The Signature V2 has 102microns channels.
I purchase tonight two best version of D5 pump - VPP655 and VPP755, with reservoir sure.
I believe, this power will be is a enough.

Quote: Originally Posted by Voodoo Rufus View Post
VSG/Thermal Bench I believe does the cooling reviews for TechPowerUP now. They appear to be very detailed.

I just bought the V2 this morning after looking for reviews. It will be interesting to compare it against my V1. I run a 6W DDC pump and can verify that the flow rates are very weak with this pump/block combo.
I hope for your feedback, because the reviews are at Optimus waterblock actually very contradictory.
I contacted German colleagues who owned the first version, they responded that performance is inferior to Aquacomputer and Alfacul.
The second version for the price is already equal to Aquacomputer Silver Vario PVD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in