sTRX4 Waterblock compatibility (need advise) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

sTRX4 Waterblock compatibility (need advise)

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
sTRX4 Waterblock compatibility (need advise)

Greetings.

Basically guys i have already recived all my new pieces [mobo was presumed to arrive after Xmas,but oh well, amazon deliverd it tooday ].

Now problem is i dont' own any WB for 3960x, and my already placed order from EK will take weeks to be delivered.

Bottomline i'm looking for a cheap,but effective, xTRX4 waterblock i can get as faster as possible just to try out my new rig.

I was looking at Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora PRO with the adaptation kit, but not sure .... could you telle me something over it or suggest me something different? Thank you.

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 12:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Heatkiller......

https://hwbot.org/user/keeph8n
3970X on ASUS Zenith Extreme II
10980XE on ASUS Rampage VI Apex/Encore
9900K on ASUS Maximus X Apex

Streacom BC1 | EVGA 1600T2 | KPC T-Rex/Inferno/KPx | G.Skill Memory
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Petrolhead

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I also recommend you the Heatkiller because of performance, quality and aesthetics

R9 3950x
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen9 3950x
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra
RAM
G.Skill 32 GB (2x16) 3200CL14 @ 3733CL16
Hard Drive
Corsair MP600 1TB m.2 SSD
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w Prime Ultra Titanium
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 719
Monitor
Dell Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Wireless
Mousepad
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 414 (Unique: 278)
I also recommend Heatkiller. That EK being late is going to be a blessing in disguise for you.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 619 (Unique: 339)

modern EK hate is completely founded. Over priced garbage riding on their good name, which is fading quicker than corsair can say leak test.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:02 PM
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)

Rep: 178 (Unique: 139)
I'm on a Pacific W6..., but not sure what people think about it, I haven't seen reviews of it. @ciarlatano ?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 42 (Unique: 21)
Watercool HEATKILLER® IV PRO for Threadripper - ...love it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 06:19 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 414 (Unique: 278)
Quote: Originally Posted by Duality92 View Post
I'm on a Pacific W6..., but not sure what people think about it, I haven't seen reviews of it. @ciarlatano ?
I haven't seen any first hand accounts of the W6, but I reviewed the W1 when it launched, and the W6 looks to be a reworked shape on the design for TR with argeebee added. The Tt blocks work, they are simple bi-directional designs with no jet plate. It wouldn't be my choice, but if you like the look and don't mind sacrificing some performance for it.....

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 AM
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)

Rep: 178 (Unique: 139)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
I haven't seen any first hand accounts of the W6, but I reviewed the W1 when it launched, and the W6 looks to be a reworked shape on the design for TR with argeebee added. The Tt blocks work, they are simple bi-directional designs with no jet plate. It wouldn't be my choice, but if you like the look and don't mind sacrificing some performance for it.....
It's for a build for CES, so I didn't really have a choice, but after CES I plan to re-do the Threadripper 3 build and I have the choice between my EK one and this Pacific W6.

It's currently cooling a 3960X at 4275 MHz all core at 1.335V and a 2080 super with their 420, thick, copper radiator and a 2080 Super and goes up to 85C, I'm assuming that's my thermal limit with my radiator given it's in P/P with six Riing Trio 140mm fans.

I'll be putting my C621 Xtreme back under air after CES and plugging this motherboard into another case (TBD) with additional cooling, but I really want to push this chip as much as I can and I only have the EKWB RGB one and this Pacific W6.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Found an heatkiller ready to be shipped, and obviously bought it It should arrive monday/tuesday. Thank you all guys.

To be honest, i'm considering to cancel Ek order and looking for a different 2080ti block too.. i mean around 3 weeks delivery time for "in stock" articles sounds crazy enough to me.. i didn't care in the first cause i thought i'd wasn't going to get the mobo before Xmas anyway.. but giving it some careful thought...]

[Edit #5: not sure if i'm going retard and can't type anymore ..or if i'm going to need a new KB soon ..]

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Last edited by 4lek; 12-13-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in