Jesus Im impressed with the *new* FrozenCPU business - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Jesus Im impressed with the *new* FrozenCPU business

post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 02:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 36)
While I understand it's a new owner can we confirm the former owner is in no way associated with the business? I seem to remember that a few years ago it was uncovered that while not the owner he was very involved in the company still. There was nothing anecdotal about the meltdown or the evidence. Personally I would love to see a return of a powerhouse watercooling supplier but would not do business with them unless he is completely out of the picture. It also might be a mark of good faith that anyone who did get screwed over and can proove it be offered their first order near wholesale (not that a new owner has any obligations to a former owners debts)

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-26-2020, 02:27 PM
Overclocking Enthusiast

Rep: 287 (Unique: 227)
I never had any issues ordering from them. However they stopped selling cocaine. It was the only energy drink that worked.

The promo code "OCN" still works.

Rikka
(9 items)
CPU
Intel I5-7600k
Motherboard
Asrock Z270M Extreme 4
GPU
Titan X
RAM
Gskill Royal
Hard Drive
970 Evo
Hard Drive
Optane 900p
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Snow
Case
enthoo evolv matx tempered glass
Operating System
windows 10 pro
▲ hide details ▲

post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 07:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I just bought some Bitspower fittings from FrozenCPU, because they were cheaper than PPCS. Arrived without issue! I hadn't made any purchases from them since before all of their known issues a couple years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:23 AM
u broke 666 rep :(

Rep: 683 (Unique: 363)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokesterwild View Post
what part of its not the same owners as before do you not understand. I ordered from them recently without any issue. they have quite a bit of old stock of parts that are hard to find as well.
then they should probably take the time and effort to actually update documentation to show as such.

until then, don't care. Any chance OG's still around is enough to prevent me from giving them a dime.

they could easily resolve this by updating their business information.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
then they should probably take the time and effort to actually update documentation to show as such.

until then, don't care. Any chance OG's still around is enough to prevent me from giving them a dime.

they could easily resolve this by updating their business information.
Although recently I got from them few items with no issue, in fact the process was a good experience, but you have a good point. If they run under different management and want people to know that, especially after what went on, leaving so many people with bad taste in their mouth, you would think that's the first thing they would do and make it obvious to the public..makes me wonder.
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 09:18 AM
I can count to potato

Rep: 49 (Unique: 20)
I was browsing Facebook and noticed they just put up a poll asking if they should change their name... So they might be trying to start fresh... I think they should just update the info on who is actually running it and keep the FrozenCPU name. I haven't had issues with any of the orders I have placed within the last year, but I still go to PPCS or ModMyMods if I'm placing a large order.

Darling
(20 items)
Sanic
(8 items)
Arctic
(12 items)
CPU
3900x
Motherboard
MSI x570 Ace
GPU
MSI Ventus OC RTX 2080
GPU
GTX 1080 FE
RAM
TridentZ B-die 3200cl14
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750 with heatsink
Hard Drive
WD Black SN750
Hard Drive
Micron 5100 Pro (SATA m.2)
Optical Drive
LG Bluray drive
Power Supply
EVGA 1200 P2
Cooling
Custom loop
Case
Little Devil PC-V7
Monitor
Omen 32
Monitor
Huion Kamvas GT-220 v2 Graphics drawing display
Keyboard
Clueboard w/ 67g Zealios
Mouse
Glorious Model O
Mousepad
Tekmat AR-15 gun cleaning mat
Audio
JBL 306 MKII studio montors
Audio
Focusrite 2i4 Gen2
Audio
Monolith 10" THX sub
CPU
i7 6700
Motherboard
GA-Z270N-Gaming 5
GPU
GTX Titan Black
RAM
16GB Ripjaws 3200Mhz
Hard Drive
WD Blue 3D m.2
Power Supply
Corsair AX760
Cooling
Custom loop with external MO-RA3
Case
InWin D-Frame Mini
CPU
i7 6700
Motherboard
MSI h270 tomahawk arctic
GPU
EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4GB
RAM
Basic 2133 16GB kit
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
WD Gold
Hard Drive
Toshiba x300
Hard Drive
Patriot Scorch m.2
Optical Drive
LG Bluray drive
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 G2
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Maingear Shift
▲ hide details ▲
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Head Dwarf

Rep: 136 (Unique: 64)
Quote:
The New York Department of State considers records of officers as internal records maintained by the entity. Amendment is provided by the Department of State. You are required to use the Biennial Statement Amendment form provided by the Department of State. The statutory fee for filing this form is $9.
Source.

If it's the case, seems like a no brainer to me.

Major correction to what I shared earlier about their Corporate registration in NYS:

Quote:
Can you change the New York Corporate officers, directors or shareholders on an amendment?

No, the Department of State does not keep track of your corporate officers, directors or shareholders.The New York Department of State considers records of officers as internal records maintained by the entity.
Sourced via the same link noted above. My interpretation of that is that names of corporate officers (e.g., the Principal, CEO, etc.). can't be changed in NYS records. By that, I mean that Mark Friga's name will always remain in the NYS records for FrozenCPU regardless of who currently owns the company.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and the info I provide should not be misconstrued as legal advice.

Playin' the lead roll in a dwerg tossing contest...
Down about Made in China? Don't be. MADE in WUHAN is replacing it.
Muffler Bearings
(24 items)
CPU
i9-7900X, i9-10940x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
Motherboard
EVGA X299 DARK
GPU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC
GPU
(2 ea) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q2-64GTZ
Hard Drive
(2ea) Intel Optane 900P (480GB)
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
(1ea) Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Custom, 8020x3060 and x2020
Operating System
Win 10 Pro/Ubuntu
Monitor
NEC PA272W-BK-SV
Monitor
Eizo ColorEdge CE240W
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Ergodox EZ with Kailh Thick Gold (Bronze) and Copper switches
Audio
Bottlehead Mainline Amp
Audio
RME ADI-2 Pro FS 2-in/4-out AD/DA Converter
Audio
FOCAL Clear Professional Headphones
Audio
Mr. Schpeakers ETHER C Flow 1.1 Headphones
Other
Protectli Firewall Micro Appliance With 6x Intel Gigabit Ports, Intel i5 7200U, AES-NI
Other
Misc. see build description for details
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by iamjanco; 01-28-2020 at 09:57 AM.
post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 08:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post
Quote:
The New York Department of State considers records of officers as internal records maintained by the entity. Amendment is provided by the Department of State. You are required to use the Biennial Statement Amendment form provided by the Department of State. The statutory fee for filing this form is $9.
Source.

If it's the case, seems like a no brainer to me.

Major correction to what I shared earlier about their Corporate registration in NYS:

Quote:
Can you change the New York Corporate officers, directors or shareholders on an amendment?

No, the Department of State does not keep track of your corporate officers, directors or shareholders.The New York Department of State considers records of officers as internal records maintained by the entity.
Sourced via the same link noted above. My interpretation of that is that names of corporate officers (e.g., the Principal, CEO, etc.). can't be changed in NYS records. By that, I mean that Mark Friga's name will always remain in the NYS records for FrozenCPU regardless of who currently owns the company.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and the info I provide should not be misconstrued as legal advice.
The point is the name is a good name. Its "M.F." that everyone is concerned being envolved any way. This topic was brought up a few years ago and people verbally bashed me because at that time he was a consultant still envolved with the company and I said then until he is 1000% out I wont do business with them and they would have an uphill battle to win consumer trust (even if they change the name). We need confirmation that he is no longer part of the company even as an independent contractor/consultant nore will he be in the future. My $.02. But what do I know? See you all in another 2-4 years when "M.F." name is brought up again and we are still talking about this.

post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 08:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Infact here is the thread from almost exactly 2yr ago on this very same topic.

https://www.overclock.net/#/topics/1645565

post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Over the past year I ordered a few hard to find items from them, most expensive about $40. They had what I needed, or I could wait for it to ship from China.

I had no problems with their orders, even though I knew the history.
However, I did not think they had a good selection of any recent components, it looked like it was mostly old stock when I shopped there.

My go to PC parts vendors are (in this order):
Performance PCs
Titan Rigs
ModMyMods
Amazon
ebay
FrozenCPUs

Please note that PPCS, Titan Rigs and ModMyMods maintain a storefront on Amazon. If you can find it in their regular web store check to see if you can find it on Amazon.
You may get reduced shipping, but will not be able to use any store specific discount codes (Like OCN55).

Please note that PPCS also maintains a clearance storefront on ebay. Mostly discontinued, old stock, open box and used components. Some real good deals in there though.

The only problems i really had with vendors were on ebay, but they were all single sellers, not running an ebay storefront.
Any other store that I had problems with, worked out the issue to my satisfaction (basically replace the part or return my $).

Build: Z390 ACE
Core i9-9900K OC 5 GHz, MSI Z390 ACE Mobo, AMD Radeon VII GPU OC 2K MHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE.
EKWB Z390 ACE Monoblock, Bykski Radeon VII GPU w/b, 2x EKWB 140 Revo D5 Pump & Res.
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT USB Fan-Controller, Quadro, Vision Touch and 'High Flow' Sensor.
(2x) HWL Black Ice Nemesis 280 GTS XFLOW and (1x) Alphacool XT45 X-Flow 280 radiators.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in