Dual Radiator Setup for O11D XL - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Dual Radiator Setup for O11D XL

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 11:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Just got a build up in running in a Dynamic XL. Have not done any super long gaming sessions yet, nothing over a few hours. Mostly have been running benchmarks and tweaking.
Reference 2080 ti(EVGA Black something or other, nothing fancy) so far overclock on that is just under 2,000mhz. Still toying around with the 3700x.

Anyways D5 PWM pump, HWL GTS 360 bottom, EK PE 360 top. Corsair ML fans on those. I have rad fans set to idle around 1300 RPM and ramping as high as 2000RPM depending on temp. Top rad is intake bottom is exhaust.
One 120mm Noctua Chromax NF S12A set to exhaust at rear of case. Set to ~800 RPM.
No fans in side compartment as I have a large flat reservoir there.
3700x w/ Optimus Foundation block.
2080 ti with Phatenks Glacier block.
Heatkiller SB Block on chipset(didn't like that little fan)

So far average GPU temp is 40-44°C max.
Ambient is ~ 21°C.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”

“Every gun makes its own tune... Alive or dead, it's your choice.”

Vin: We deal in lead, friend.
Calvera: So do I. We're in the same business.
Vin: Only as competitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 342 (Unique: 278)
Thanks guys for the comparison builds. I'm on the hotter side of things but within a reasonable margin.

I might be a little warmer because I have the fans limited to 1000RPM regardless of component temperature. I like my quiet.

My loop:

EK Velocity CPU
EK Vector GPU
EK SE360
EK PE360
EK D5 PWM @ 45%
10mm ID ZMT

I was using Black Ops 4 to test thermals because it runs my system harder than anything else I have access to. I've run the game with my old 6950X and 9900K and in each case noticed that, for some reason, CPU utilization was quite high. Perhaps it's running my 3950X equally as hard and that's where some of my extra heat is coming from? Forza 7 can be configured to run the GPU to 100% but thermals are much better in that scenario.

EDIT: Typo correction

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 06:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Yeah its most likely due to the fan speeds. Easy enough to test. Trying ramping them up and retesting.
I don't hear the ML120's until ~1400-1500 RPM so at idle they're a bit under that. If I am gaming I have headphones on and can't hear them anyways. So that works for me.

Easy enough to test second theory with benchmarks. CPU stress bench and a GPU stress bench.

Not a exact comparison but on further testing the 3700x is ~70°C for games and depending on the benchmark up to 80°C. ~4200MHz.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”

“Every gun makes its own tune... Alive or dead, it's your choice.”

Vin: We deal in lead, friend.
Calvera: So do I. We're in the same business.
Vin: Only as competitors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 02:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I have 7 Riing 120 fans (1500 - 1700 RPM range) , EK XE 360 rad on bottom ( intake ) with EK PE 360 rad on top (exhaust). I have single exhaust fan on the back of the case.

Stock 3950X runs in the mid 40C range
Overlclocked ROG STRIX 2080ti, gaming runs mid to upper 40C range. I did a 30 min future mark GPU stress test and I got up to 57C and seemed to level off here.

I would consider adding a rear exhaust fan. You could put your EK PE rad on the top of the case as exhaust and get an EK XE (the fatrad) for the bottom of the case. This would increase thermal capacity. Also make sure you dont have the dust filter over the rad you are using for exhaust. It will just slow down airflow out of the top of the case.

Maybe post a pic of your set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60179209389__3DD3B89A-3D85-41EA-A262-F1C8EA52B8DD.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	325562  

Last edited by Hardrock; 02-09-2020 at 02:15 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 03:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
what is ur goal doing water cooling? low temps, higher overclocks or silence? i would guess silence after reading you had 60c load temps, however not sure.

pick proper case if you are going water cooling, thats FIRST. second, never ever put rads in case and then mount fans to push air into case through those rads, you can get away with this if you do dual lube and have rad dedicated to CPU only, in gaming it wont produce almost no heat to impact ur second lube with gpu's or temps inside of a case. and in other workloads i doubt it matter if it rises a bit of C on gpu's that are on idle. i have done water cooling build cpu and gpu together in same lube, and i dislike cpu temps, im about to change that. ppl want small cases and optimal temps while water cooling thats hard. also 60c on water, thats very very high but thats my opinion.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 12:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
CGPhoto

Quote: Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
I have 7 Riing 120 fans (1500 - 1700 RPM range) , EK XE 360 rad on bottom ( intake ) with EK PE 360 rad on top (exhaust). I have single exhaust fan on the back of the case.

Stock 3950X runs in the mid 40C range
Overlclocked ROG STRIX 2080ti, gaming runs mid to upper 40C range. I did a 30 min future mark GPU stress test and I got up to 57C and seemed to level off here.

I would consider adding a rear exhaust fan. You could put your EK PE rad on the top of the case as exhaust and get an EK XE (the fatrad) for the bottom of the case. This would increase thermal capacity. Also make sure you dont have the dust filter over the rad you are using for exhaust. It will just slow down airflow out of the top of the case.

Maybe post a pic of your set up.
I am new to open water cooling and am building a new system right now in a O11D XL case with EKWB EK-KIT 360 Performance water kit. I am still figuring out parts placement.

In looking at your photo, I don't understand where your pump and reservoir are. Can you help me understand how that works for your system?

---- Never mind, I looked up the distro panel you used for the 011 case and I see the pump and reservoir are integrated into it.

Last edited by CGPhoto; 02-18-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in