My first Open-Loop!!!! - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

My first Open-Loop!!!!

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
they do, but i'd only go that route if you're trying to pinch pennies.
I could not find another block that fit my video card's particular PCB. PCB isn't the reference or founders edition. Would have went with a "better" name brand if I could have. But to be honest. That would seem like wasted money now because I am highly impressed with the Barrow GPU block. Unless it completely craps on itself in 3 years, I would call that some of the best money I've ever saved. The highest temps I can reach in a 65f degree room is 56c under continuous load. These aren't anything that are complex, require any exotic materials or processes to manufacture. People can spend money anyway they like, but I can bet the name brand blocks are expensive mainly because of the name and all the overhead required to maintain that name.

Last edited by Tony M; 02-08-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 07:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 67)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
they do, but i'd only go that route if you're trying to pinch pennies.
Hi there

I have used Barrow and Bykski WB on several occasions and builds and absolutely no issues, I'm using on my build exclusively Barrow and Bykski fittings amd no issues

I habe used Bykski WB for RTX 2080Ti and temperatures have been quite good in 42-46°C region with Galax 380W BIOS, for CPU block (8700k) we have used Bykski as well and we are tested on his build like Bykski and EK Supermacy EVO and with Bykski temperatures have been around 2-4°C under load

But as above Barrow or Bykski do make waterblocks which other makers don't even make, due this only option is to use Barrow or Bykski waterblocks if you want to ru them under water and plus usually Barrow and Bykski have first GPU waterblocks on market than any other maker, I remember when RTX landed Barrow or Bykski already have blocks

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in