Pump search - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Pump search

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Pump search

I'm working on a project where I would like to use a USB pump and was wondering if anyone had some leads. What I am hoping to do is use the USB power when the system is turned on to turn on\power an external pump...Alternatively a way to turn on\off the pump via USB...

This is for a large one of project which will have several pumps in play and not have to push volume too far\hard...

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 02:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by AFisher View Post
I'm working on a project where I would like to use a USB pump and was wondering if anyone had some leads. What I am hoping to do is use the USB power when the system is turned on to turn on\power an external pump...Alternatively a way to turn on\off the pump via USB...

This is for a large one of project which will have several pumps in play and not have to push volume too far\hard...

any suggestions?
I use two aquarium pumps, 10-20$ each. I manually plug and unplug my pumps from the wall ^^ atm. take note that my external USB fan is always on, if my computer has power even while off. So USB pumps will not turn off when you power down your computer. (maybe you can change that via bios)

You can get DC pumps with a converter. You can get PSU 4 pin connector pump. (4 pin will turn off with your computer) You can get a usb to 4 pin connector converter. You can plug in your power strip into a light switch type deal. Ebay n amazon have it all.

Of my two pumps I like this one, it does not need water in the tubes to start pumping. I bought a adapter from home depot to make it fit my tubes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brass barb for the water pump $4 Home Depot

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 3700x 4.25 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.

Last edited by treetops422; 03-01-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in