First watercooling parts shopping list
OK, I've decided to go ahead and do a watercooling build. Plan on getting the following parts:
- Optimus Foundation AM4
- EK ZMT Tubing
- 8 Optimus soft compression fittings
- 1 Alphacool 360x30 or 360x45 rad
- 3 Be Quiet SilentWings 120mm fans
- EK XTOP Revo D5 (dual-pump) -OR- 2x Aquacomputer D5 + Alphacool Dual-pump top
- Tube reservoir (can any tube reservoir be used here, or only from EK?)
- 2 Aquacomputer temperature sensors
- 1 or 2 Aquacomputer flow sensors
Still undecided on the pump, alternatively will look for a dual-top D5 pump setup (any suggestions), but either way want a dual pump as at some point I'll add either a 420 or 480 rad along with a gpu block. Can any tube reservoir easily be mounted to the EK dual-pump D5? Also looking at the Alphacool Dual-pump Top (Eisdecke D5 Dual Brass Top) + two Aquacomputer D5 pumps + tube reservoir, but still unclear if any tube reservoir can be mounted to that pump top.
With this new Ryzen 3900x chip I got last week, it just dumps a lot more heat in my room when air cooled and I think watercooling it will reduce that effect.
Anything else I'm missing?
Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
2x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3600 C16
1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
3x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS (2 in RAID 1)
Seasonic Prime PX-1000
Optimus Foundation AM4
HWLabs GTS 360 XFLOW
Phanteks Enthoo 719/Luxe 2
▲ hide details ▲
Last edited by sakete; 03-07-2020 at 07:49 AM.