Decided to do the rework today. Wasn't too eager but had to be done. The pump refused to start again so I decided to take most of the things out and redo everything.
Cleaned the pump and other parts around.
I do hope it won't give me trouble again. Was struggling at times when starting but the cleaning seemed to have done the trick, I hope.
Thus far after some trouble with the fitting in the block that you can see attached. It was stuck solid. Had to get some heavy duty pliers to try to get it off after assembly, it was leaking. It wasn't making proper contact.
There was some kind of weird issue with the threads with the "out" port and the fittings I have. I found one adapter part that worked as it should and would screw in properly. But most fittings wouldn't they got stuck only half way. I had managed to screw in the first fitting all the way at some point but several diss-assemblies had made it bad, not to making a proper seal. Leaked when I was filling the system up again. Took a couple hours to get it off and find a fitting that would go in. More hassle than I had asked for.
The spare O-rings I put into the block seemed to have worked but it will take some hours before I know for sure. It wasn't apparent it was leaking until about 2hours the last try with the original O-rings. I have the black ones inside now. Was a damn hardto get them to stay with the weird shape they need to be in the groove. They really don't want to stay in that C-like shape pattern.
Decided to make it easier to get to the pump if it's giving me trouble in the future, I have my old one still around if it really needs to be replaced.
Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME, Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4Ghz, 4266/1900 MEM/FCLK, 220.127.116.11.76.tRFC 650 1T 1.600V
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V (Micron E-die 16nm)
OLD: Biostar x470GT8 Ryzen 7 1700 @ ~4.0Ghz CPU, 3200Mhz RAM ...
Last edited by Nighthog; 04-01-2020 at 03:46 AM.