Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Bitspowers all the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
I am going Optimus and will probably throw away the remaining BP fitting i have. Only keeping my BP extenders and adapters. My advice is to get other brands like Barrows for adapters and extender, they add up very fast. There special offset fittings are much cheaper than BP (15usd vs 30something USD) and there 90 degree with extender too (8usd vs 24usd). The good BP fittings to get are there 90 degree fittings you can combine it with an 90 degree adapter, ball valve and specialized flow splitter (T-valve and Q-ball). I had friends with the the barrows ball valve and sometimes they were stuck.

If you want the remaining BP soft tubing (have to check how many i have spare and will have some more available once i swap to Optimus Fittings), you can have it for just cost of shipping. You can also look at directly ordering from Bitspower Taiwan. I have looked into it before and prices are cheaper than US retail but its the shipping that the issue.

If you see my recent rig, i used a lot of fittings. Mostly BP but some barrows. I was using brass tubing so in order to get straight runs (cant bend), I had to huge extensions runs using with usage of Royal Blue/matte black fitting mixture. I really like BP Royal Blue Fittings.

https://modmymods.com/barrow-g1-4-90...12-silver.html
https://www.performance-pcs.com/wate...-cb90r2ld.html

https://modmymods.com/barrow-g1-4-36...x360pz-15.html
Can't find the fitting on PPCS but when i saw its BP equivalent last year, it was 30something USD.

Tip: I found those free floating adapter fittings useless as they would sink easily and the tubing would look even worse. For soft tubing, its better to buy whole bunch of extenders and then top it with one of the 90 degree fittings so you get an straight run. That or use something like flow meter/temp sensor to act as flow splitter instead.
So why are you now going with Optimus over BP? You really think they're that much better? You just like the look? (I very much like the looks of the Optimus fittings, very clean).

I wonder if I can get by with just straight fittings. I don't need clean straight runs, I'll just run the tubes wherever they need to go.

Main
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+
RAM
2x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3600 C16
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
Hard Drive
3x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS (2 in RAID 1)
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime PX-1000
Cooling
Optimus Foundation AM4
Cooling
HWLabs GTS 360 XFLOW
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 719/Luxe 2
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Motu M4
Audio
JBL LSR305
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by sakete; 03-11-2020 at 12:56 PM.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Overclocker in training

Rep: 150 (Unique: 92)
Hi,
The octopus hosing effect is actually pretty functional
I can pull my reservoir and dump it out to drain the system or pull my cpu block off and change the paste no problem.

CPU
i9-9940x With Optimus Foundation copper-plexi and Heatkiller VRM Plexi-Copper water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
2-280GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads with D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Cooling
MO-RA3 360 PRO stainless steel (25022)
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Other
5.0/https://valid.x86.fr/ez2ifr
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
2-240 GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads/ D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Hard Drive
eLeaf MELO-3 4ml
Power Supply
SE US18650VTC6 3120mAh 30A 3.6V 18650 Li-ion Battery - GREENx4
Case
ANGIS Legion MOD 200w Geek Vape
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 01:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
So why are you now going with Optimus over BP? You really think they're that much better? You just like the look? (I very much like the looks of the Optimus fittings, very clean).

I wonder if I can by with just straight fittings. I don't need clean straight runs, I'll just run the tubes wherever they need to go.
In my case, its brass hard tube with there non-premium lineup fittings where I had headaches with them being easy to pull out but now fixed using BP Premium fittings. I'm mainly going to replace the hard tube fittings. Those hard tube fittings i have given away and the feedback I get, is they don't want to use it or will use it only with petg/glass. Each person case is different. I use minimal soft-tubing with koolance quick disconnects, its only so I can easily swap out the RTX2080TI for 3080TI when it comes out.

In your case, probably not much different. the the price difference between Barrows and Bitspower is minor in your case. Couple of fittings with 3-4 USD each is not much more. Outside of Optimus, the other expensive fittings is phantek one's and I heard some people really love it. I did read on reddit, some people couldn't get phantek and bp stuff to work together (works for bp and barrows)
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

In my case, its brass hard tube with there non-premium lineup fittings where I had headaches with them being easy to pull out but now fixed using BP Premium fittings. I'm mainly going to replace the hard tube fittings. Those hard tube fittings i have given away and the feedback I get, is they don't want to use it or will use it only with petg/glass. Each person case is different. I use minimal soft-tubing with koolance quick disconnects, its only so I can easily swap out the RTX2080TI for 3080TI when it comes out.

In your case, probably not much different. the the price difference between Barrows and Bitspower is minor in your case. Couple of fittings with 3-4 USD each is not much more. Outside of Optimus, the other expensive fittings is phantek one's and I heard some people really love it.
Yeah I'm going soft all the way (with a decent amount of slack in the tubing) so I can easily unmount rads/cpu blocks/gpu for cleaning, without having to disconnect and drain the loop everytime.

Guess I'll just go Bitspower, as they have all the different angles and valves, so I can get a more consistent look.

Main
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
GPU
EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime PX-1000
Cooling
Optimus Foundation AM4
Cooling
HWLabs GTS 360 XFLOW
Case
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Motu M4
Audio
JBL LSR305
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Outside of my own builds, which use bitspower mainly, they use Barrows fittings for costs savings reasons. Some of my friends builds have bitspower because I gave them my old bitspower fittings. It's extremely difficult to change color of fittings as its not cost efficient. I wanted to go all royal blue BP but I would have to throw out couple years of black matte fittings i bought. When i first started, i was using the nickel silver type.

Just plan it out right. Sometimes its nice to extra adapter or two around plus the 90 degree soft fittings in case it works out better for your loop. I always endup with case where I didn't order enough fittings (due to miscalculation) and have to order one more order and pay extra shipping.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 01:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Also other thing to keep in mind is color of your fitting. Bitspower own E-Shop carries the full range of colors including its touchaqua lineup. The US stores may not have what you need. I find its increasingly difficult to get the royal blue color from the states. So always play with the math if its better to order direct from BP or from PPCS/TitanRigs/Etc

Last edited by Section31; 03-11-2020 at 01:17 PM.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Also other thing to keep in mind is color of your fitting. Bitspower own E-Shop carries the full range of colors including its touchaqua lineup. The US stores may not have what you need. I find its increasingly difficult to get the royal blue color from the states. So always play with the math if its better to order direct from BP or from PPCS/TitanRigs/Etc
Yeah I'm just going with Matte black + black Norprene tubing (Tygon A-60-G). So I can get that on PPCS.

So I will need Compression fittings for these parts:
- 2 for CPU block
- 2 for 360 Radiator
- 2 for VRM block (my motherboard comes with one)
- 2 for Pump
- 2 for Filter (might skip filter for now though)
- 1 for T-splitter
- 1 for Valve

Then I'm also getting a T-splitter and a Valve. T-splitter will attach to the outlet on the pump. Valve attached to the T-splitter one one side with a short tube attached for draining the loop (and a stop-plug attached to this tube as well as extra safety). Other side of T-splitter goes into rest of loop.

So that's I think all I'll need for this go around, until I add a second rad + GPU block.

Main
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
GPU
EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime PX-1000
Cooling
Optimus Foundation AM4
Cooling
HWLabs GTS 360 XFLOW
Case
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Motu M4
Audio
JBL LSR305
▲ hide details ▲
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Bitspowers are not perfect, yet, record of their (especially) fittings speaks for itself. When I started WC I did very extensive research and at least to me, Singularity Computers (Daniel) was the person I learn a lot from, all credit goes to him.

I'm not affiliated or in cahoots with bitspowers in any way, but from lengthily and successful experience with some of the WC brands I can say, BP although is more expensive, but their tolerance of quality is very tight, you almost never hear their fittings leak or rust, unless you using something out of whack as a liquid and when you dealing with expensive hardware that you obviously want to run cool and look good, you want eh best quality parts you can get.

Its not like air-cooling, fan goes bad so your temps will rise, if you fitting leaks, that might be the moment you will never forget, so chose, quality and great experience for many years to come or skimp out and regret WC.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 11:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Yeah I'm just going with Matte black + black Norprene tubing (Tygon A-60-G). So I can get that on PPCS.

So I will need Compression fittings for these parts:
- 2 for CPU block
- 2 for 360 Radiator
- 2 for VRM block (my motherboard comes with one)
- 2 for Pump
- 2 for Filter (might skip filter for now though)
- 1 for T-splitter
- 1 for Valve

Then I'm also getting a T-splitter and a Valve. T-splitter will attach to the outlet on the pump. Valve attached to the T-splitter one one side with a short tube attached for draining the loop (and a stop-plug attached to this tube as well as extra safety). Other side of T-splitter goes into rest of loop.

So that's I think all I'll need for this go around, until I add a second rad + GPU block.
The bitspower ball drain valve i got today from PPC wont fully close and seal. When you turn the knob it stops slightly at a angle. It made me inspect it right away. Trying to put any pressure on it while closed results in a very audible air leaking noise out the valve. Not sure how often there are QC issues with bitspower. From what it sounds like here, its not very often. But the drain valve i got today shows it can happen still.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in