Let's talk fittings - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Let's talk fittings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 05:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
NewUser16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,408
Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
The bitspower ball drain valve i got today from PPC wont fully close and seal. When you turn the knob it stops slightly at a angle. It made me inspect it right away. Trying to put any pressure on it while closed results in a very audible air leaking noise out the valve. Not sure how often there are QC issues with bitspower. From what it sounds like here, its not very often. But the drain valve i got today shows it can happen still.
This is very unique to BP valves, they use very tight tolerance to ensure good seal. When you feel that the handle stops put slightly more pressure and you will feel a little snap and handle will close all the way with slight pressure, don't worry, this is very normal with their valves and you wont brake the handle, unless the handle itself is defect

I remember years ago I got 4 of these valves and all of them had the same so I thought "Issue" upon emailing BP they asked me to go ahead and do the last 1/2-1mm turn and that I would feel pressure before total close/seal, but not to worry, so I did and never doubted that part again I've use the same BP fittings and valves from build to build for close to 10 years, not a single leak or issue of any kind.

Last edited by NewUser16; 03-13-2020 at 06:07 AM.
NewUser16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
criskoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 272
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
This is very unique to BP valves, they use very tight tolerance to ensure good seal. When you feel that the handle stops put slightly more pressure and you will feel a little snap and handle will close all the way with slight pressure, don't worry, this is very normal with their valves and you wont brake the handle
Na dude. It wont turn. Ive tried. Its binding on something inside. I cranked on it pretty hard. Hard enough that if it were installed on a pump top you would tear it out of a plexi or acetal theads from the twist. Like i said. If i try any harder. It will break.

Other thing that shows there is something wrong is it when open throttle the ball inside wont fully open and the knob on it is not a strait line. Its crooked a to the close position.

criskoe is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
NewUser16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,408
Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
Na dude. It wont turn. Ive tried. Its binding on something inside. I cranked on it pretty hard. Hard enough that if it were installed on a pump top you would tear it out of a plexi or acetal theads from the twist. Like i said. If i try any harder. It will break.

Other thing that shows there is something wrong is it when open throttle the ball inside wont fully open and the knob on it is not a strait line. Its crooked a to the close position.
OK so maybe we talking different thing, because you will know this very tight opening and closing these valves and they will stay that way always, that part doesn't wear out.

The handle wont be 45 degree until its open or close all the way, but from what you describing there might be something else.

You talking these valves
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180819_193656-min.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	332470  


Last edited by NewUser16; 03-13-2020 at 06:15 AM.
NewUser16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
criskoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 272
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
OK so maybe we talking different thing, because you will know this very tight opening and closing these valves and they will stay that way always, that part doesn't wear out.

The handle wont be 45 degree until its open or close all the way, but from what you describing there might be something else.
LOL nice little army of fittings

Yeah im not sure either. I just dont want to break it and get denied a rma. LOL. I mean i tried turning it pretty good. Enough that my fingers really feel it. LOL. It feels like i might break it. Maybe im being a chicken ****.

When I reach out to performance PC and if they tell me to just crank on it. I will


Last edited by criskoe; 03-13-2020 at 06:22 AM.
criskoe is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 06:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
NewUser16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,408
Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
Yeah im not sure either. I just dont want to break it and get denied a rma. LOL. I mean i tried turning it pretty good. Enough that my fingers really feel it. LOL. It feels like i might break it. Maybe im being a chicken ****.
I was just like you, didn't want to damaged anything, but BP was good about assuring me that If anything brakes they would send me new one so that's how I learned about that part.

Although BP makes the best fittings at least in my opinion, defects happens and there is no doubt no one makes perfect parts, but they are very good and quick and painless RMA.

I have at least $1500 or more of their fittings alone that are about 10-11 years old and so far super happy and surprisingly, as you can see they look like new and that's not even half of them, a lot of them are already installed in a new, big build I'm working on.


Btw. As I said, the valve seal wont wear out, mine are years old and still feel solid, you don't want anything flimsy either like some of the cheaper brands, but once you get past that pressure and you open and close few times it does get smoother and you will know this as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180820_092718-min.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	332476  


Last edited by NewUser16; 03-13-2020 at 06:36 AM.
NewUser16 is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
criskoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 272
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
I was just like you, didn't want to damaged anything, but BP was good about assuring me that If anything brakes they would send me new one so that's how I learned about that part.

Although BP makes the best fittings at least in my opinion, defects happens and there is no doubt no one makes perfect parts, but they are very good and quick and painless RMA.

I have about $1500 or more of their fittings alone that are about 10-11 years old and so far super happy and surprisingly, as you can see they look like new.


Btw. As I said, the valve seal wont wear out, mine are years old and still feel solid, you don't want anything flimsy either like some of the cheaper brands, but once you get past that pressure and you open and close few times it does get smoother and you will know this as well.
Well I just said screw it. Its a $20 dollar fitting. If it snaps and they wont help me well what ever. I grabbed a small towel like you would opening a vacuum sealed jar and put it on the tiny knob so i could get good grip and i let er rip.... LOL and it popped! LOL. And now closing it feels normal. Nice man. Thanks.. Man they should probably include a small slip inside about that. No joke tho. I really had to crank on it. happy now tho. thanks man. Saved me a huge head ache trying to rma a silly fitting.

criskoe is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2020, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
NewUser16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,408
Rep: 53 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
Well I just said screw it. Its a $20 dollar fitting. If it snaps and they wont help me well what ever. I grabbed a small towel like you would opening a vacuum sealed jar and put it on the tiny knob so i could get good grip and i let er rip.... LOL and it popped! LOL. And now closing it feels normal. Nice man. Thanks.. Man they should probably include a small slip inside about that. No joke tho. I really had to crank on it. happy now tho. thanks man. Saved me a huge head ache trying to rma a silly fitting.
I'm glad you got past your fears

Yes I agree, they should have a small info on that part.

Once you install it and liquid will flow through and you open and close few times It will be much smoother, yet tight enough to keep it seal and secure.

Last edited by NewUser16; 03-13-2020 at 07:34 AM.
NewUser16 is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
ctguy1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 101
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I just tore my whole system apart to add new coolant and clean up the rads and the XSPC fittings as far
as 45 and 90 degrees are very good. However the straight ones are almost impossible to take off
and reuse if You tighten them too much.

I recently came across Monsoon fittings=. ex-tub-1322
Monsoon Free Center Compression Fitting - 7/16"ID x 5/8"OD - Modders 6 Pack Blue (FCC-71658-6P-BL)


$21.97 (I ordered 12)

Shipping:$11.49
Tax:$0.00
Grand Total:$33.46. amazon and many other places are charging 48 bucks for just 6 of em.

I ordered a second set of 12 for 33.46 again a few days later as I am rethinking my setup.

They are really awesome and are reusable for future teardowns.

Good luck on your choice !!!
ctguy1955 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off