RTX 2070 XC Ultra NZXT G12 questions
So I'd appreciate some answers to some questions I have if possible. See my rig specs below.
I am so over the noise of the XC Ultra cooler. I ordered the G12 should be here in a week hopefully and watched countless videos of installs etc. Please, yes I am aware the card vrms dont get cooled on one side blah blah blah. For reference with stock cooler I get about 30-40c idle depending on the temp for the day and 65-70c load with 100% jet engine fan with a +95mhz oc and +799 on vram resulting in 2040mhz. On to my questions:
1. Is it worth $15-$25 replacing the g12 stock fan with a noctua?
2. From what I have seen the Back and Front plates can be left on, my theory is this can act as EVGA intended heat sink for the vrm blaha blah blah comment above, I was thinking of strapping another fan on or getting a pci fan bracket near the side with no fan. Or better to take the plates off and not over think it?
3. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for the "newer fan connection" on the card anywhere to buy. The XC ultra has the same connector as the FE. No longer can use those Gelid vga to 4pin adapters people have.
4. So looking for Asetek coolers. I am leaning towards EVGA CLC240 for $99, I have some extra Noctua fans already so I will be slapping those on. I was also thinking Kraken x53 or whatever it is called for $129 ( I also heard that they do not come with AM4 bracket?) if I can get it for $99. Or any $99 or less 240mm Asetek cooler for that matter. I am also thinking if down the road I may use it as a CPU cooler so I would prefer to stay away from single fan coolers.
5. If anyone could comment on pump speed settings etc.
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Thermalright TrueSpirit 140 Direct
Kraken G12 Fractal Celsius S24
▲ hide details ▲
Last edited by hotripper; 04-02-2020 at 03:43 PM.