Overclock.net banner

Clear dusty radiator

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ChiTownButcher 
#1 ·
What’s the best way to clean a very dusty radiator? Can I just soak it in distilled water to clean it all off or can that rust the fins or anything like that?

One is a EK EX480, two are HWL 360’s

#2 ·
I've seen them on you tube being run under a tap with a spray faucet. Once there clean use a hair dryer on them.

#4 ·
Yeah that would be perfect if you don't have a spray head on your tap :)

#8 ·
The fins should be copper so no worries getting them wet. I douse mine under running water in the sink.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Hi,
Indeed air compressor blow it out/ outside preferably :)

#13 ·
I use the compressor regular. Just don't spin up a fan and the touch it with the air duster. The blades can break off :(

#14 · (Edited)
I slide zipties on a stick thru the rad and fan to keep them from spinning (example top 360 rad = 3 zip ties tight on a 1/4in dowel rod spaced out. Then gently lower the zip ties thru the rad and thru the fan blades. This will keep the fans from spinning). You don't want to spin the fans as it will generate current and if overspun can damage bearings. Then I use a Data Vac and if needed a SOFT brush to get the dust loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.