Custom loop - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Custom loop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Back at it again.
 
Avacado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,392
Rep: 100 (Unique: 75)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokin View Post
You'll need to provide more context of what you want to use. Depending on rigid tubing or soft tubing, it will change what type of fittings you'll purchase.

I actually swapped to white fittings when I re-vamped my loop last year. I previously used XSPC black chrome compression fittings and went with Barrow white compression fittings for soft tubing. The Barrow fittings are similar to Bitspower fittings but are much cheaper and are unbranded for a cleaner look. I also use Mayhem's Pastel white coolant with Primochill Advanced LRT clear tubing to show off the white opaque coolant. For radiators, I used Hardware Labs GTS radiators, which are sold in white from PPCs directly or PPCs via Amazon.
Quote: Originally Posted by lstmysock11 View Post
Just the CPU water cooled and hoping to keep it around 500 us for all the cooling parts and would like to use hard tube and have in a drain/fill port off the res.
He already answered this

22643 Time Spy https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/46344026?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking....e.php?u=207393
White Lightning
(12 items)
CPU
i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz 1.385v
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-A
GPU
Evga 2080 Ti Black Gamer
RAM
32GB GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
2 x 1 TB Samsung EVO 970 Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w
Cooling
Corsair H150i Pro
Case
CORSAIR Crystal 570X White Mid Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Alienware 1900R 34.1" @ 120Hz
Keyboard
Loigitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G700s
▲ hide details ▲


Avacado is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
lstmysock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokin View Post
You'll need to provide more context of what you want to use. Depending on rigid tubing or soft tubing, it will change what type of fittings you'll purchase.

I actually swapped to white fittings when I re-vamped my loop last year. I previously used XSPC black chrome compression fittings and went with Barrow white compression fittings for soft tubing. The Barrow fittings are similar to Bitspower fittings but are much cheaper and are unbranded for a cleaner look. I also use Mayhem's Pastel white coolant with Primochill Advanced LRT clear tubing to show off the white opaque coolant. For radiators, I used Hardware Labs GTS radiators, which are sold in white from PPCs directly or PPCs via Amazon.
Planing to use Petg hard tubing for this loop. So with just a rad, Res/pump combo and a drain/fill port and CPU block on the loop. Need to figure out the Rad, Res/pump combo, Fittings and how many, Tubing, Fittings for the drain/fill, CPU block. Thinking more about White tubing and stick with clear fluid, Would rather stay away from dyes.
lstmysock11 is offline  
post #13 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Food Editor
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bradentucky
Posts: 24,539
Rep: 720 (Unique: 378)
an official primochill discord ? sounds like pandering, and sounds like it would be managed by complete dick bags.

Corsair is taxation, and most of their taxed parts are junk. The only quality product they rebrand are their Hardware Labs radiators.



didn't someone just do a piece recently on how PETG is in fact garbage, and OGs were right to say as such back when hard line first started coming about?

as for the question at hand - i'm gonna skip what fittings & tube, cuz I stick to hose... As far as #s go.

every radiator has two holes (in/out)
every block has two holes (in/out)
every pump/res combo has two holes. (in/out)

add up the number of radiators, blocks, & pump/res combo, then double that number = base # of fittings you'll need. are you gonna bend, or use fittings for your bends? If using fittings for bends, then it's probably best to sketch out what you want, to get an idea of how many 90s you need to buy. Oh, and add one 2 more tube fittings for each 90 based bend.

pump/res.... You're trying to cut costs right? I'd recommend getting a Swiftech branded Laaing DDC pump res combo.

fluid - *kicks soap box* go straight for Mayhems. Two products.

A.) Complete Blitz Kit
B.) X1 Clear

read directions, follow directions, ????, Profit.

pretty much all other coolant (aside from Aquacomputer's stuff) is snake oil, and will turn to sludge in your loop.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
skupples is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
lstmysock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
an official primochill discord ? sounds like pandering, and sounds like it would be managed by complete dick bags.

Corsair is taxation, and most of their taxed parts are junk. The only quality product they rebrand are their Hardware Labs radiators.



didn't someone just do a piece recently on how PETG is in fact garbage, and OGs were right to say as such back when hard line first started coming about?

as for the question at hand - i'm gonna skip what fittings & tube, cuz I stick to hose... As far as #s go.

every radiator has two holes (in/out)
every block has two holes (in/out)
every pump/res combo has two holes. (in/out)

add up the number of radiators, blocks, & pump/res combo, then double that number = base # of fittings you'll need. are you gonna bend, or use fittings for your bends? If using fittings for bends, then it's probably best to sketch out what you want, to get an idea of how many 90s you need to buy. Oh, and add one 2 more tube fittings for each 90 based bend.

pump/res.... You're trying to cut costs right? I'd recommend getting a Swiftech branded Laaing DDC pump res combo.

fluid - *kicks soap box* go straight for Mayhems. Two products.

A.) Complete Blitz Kit
B.) X1 Clear

read directions, follow directions, ????, Profit.

pretty much all other coolant (aside from Aquacomputer's stuff) is snake oil, and will turn to sludge in your loop.
If I go hose what brand and size? What size fittings and type would everyone recommend? The pump res combo that you mentioned could you link me to one? Not finding much in a google search
lstmysock11 is offline  
post #15 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
lstmysock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
https://optimuspc.com/products/found...16111866019889 Thinking of using this block. What Res/pump combo? If I go soft tubing what brand and size? For soft tubing guessing compression fittings and not sure what size? Plus a good splitter and drain valve for a loop drain point.
lstmysock11 is offline  
post #16 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 06:29 AM
Overclocker in training
 
ThrashZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,487
Rep: 170 (Unique: 103)
Hi,
Damn good block choice

3/8-5/8" soft tubing and fittings
Can't say how good it is yet but I got some from clear pvc flexible on delivery today from modmymods.com
You don't show a region so NYC might not be a good purchase area.

CPU
i9-9940x With Optimus Foundation copper-plexi and Heatkiller VRM copper-plexi water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper-plexi Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
D5 pump reservoir combo/ GTX280/ VRM block/ GTX280/ D5 top/ CPU block/ GPU block/ Mora 360/ repeat.
Cooling
MO-RA3 360 PRO stainless steel (25022)
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Other
5.0/https://valid.x86.fr/ez2ifr
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
D5 reservior combo/ 240GTX/ Koolance VRM block/ 240GTX/ D5 Top/ CPU block/ Gpu block/ Mora 360LT/ back to reservoir
Cooling
Mora 360LT black 25000
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
CPU
10900k
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 evo 500gb
Power Supply
EVGA 1000P2
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
ThrashZone is offline  
post #17 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 06:33 AM
Back at it again.
 
Avacado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,392
Rep: 100 (Unique: 75)
Quote: Originally Posted by lstmysock11 View Post
Either separate or a combo but might be less clutter if they are a combo unit. Then again the Phanteks case has plenty of room. Also not sure what fans of course want to keep the price down on fans since this Phanteks case comes with no fans.
You would want @ciarlatano on your side for fan selection at a good price.

22643 Time Spy https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/46344026?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking....e.php?u=207393
White Lightning
(12 items)
CPU
i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz 1.385v
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-A
GPU
Evga 2080 Ti Black Gamer
RAM
32GB GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
2 x 1 TB Samsung EVO 970 Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w
Cooling
Corsair H150i Pro
Case
CORSAIR Crystal 570X White Mid Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Alienware 1900R 34.1" @ 120Hz
Keyboard
Loigitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G700s
▲ hide details ▲


Avacado is offline  
post #18 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Booo
 
sakete's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 553
Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by lstmysock11 View Post
https://optimuspc.com/products/found...16111866019889 Thinking of using this block. What Res/pump combo? If I go soft tubing what brand and size? For soft tubing guessing compression fittings and not sure what size? Plus a good splitter and drain valve for a loop drain point.
If you don't care about clear tubing, get black Tygon A-60-G. Maintenance free tubing, won't leak plasticizer, very durable. And 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD is a good size. I'd recommend compression fittings from Bitspower (don't cheap out on fittings), which are generally considered the best. Whatever fittings you get though, do not get EK fittings, those are terrible quality. And remember, every part you need to connect with a hose will have an inlet and an outlet. So for every part you'll need at least two fittings (pump, radiator, reservoir, cpu block, gpu block, etc.). And I'd recommend you get 1 or 2 extra as you might overlook something, and it just sucks to have to buy and pay for shipping a second time and having to wait on those parts to arrive.

Also avoid tight 90 degree bends, as that will restrict flow. The best 90 degree fittings are dual or triple rotary fittings from Bitspower, and those don't really restrict flow as it bends 90 degrees over a much larger radius. Sometimes 45 degree fittings come in handy as well.

For res/pump combo, you'll want either a borosylicate glass tube (there are a bunch of brands that offer those, I went with Aquacomputer), or cast acrylic which I think so far only Optimus offers. Don't get regular acrylic as that isn't as durable. For pump, get a Laing/Xylem equivalent D5 pump and call it a day. Many brands offer D5 + tube combos.

Main
(23 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard
Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+
RAM
2x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3600 C16
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe
Hard Drive
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro
Hard Drive
3x 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS (2 in RAID 1)
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime PX-1000
Cooling
Optimus Foundation AM4
Cooling
HWLabs GTS 360 XFLOW
Cooling
Alphacool Nexxos 480
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 980ti Waterblock
Cooling
2x D5 Pump
Case
Phanteks Enthoo 719/Luxe 2
Monitor
Acer XB270HU
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Motu M4
Audio
JBL LSR305
Other
Aquacomputer Aqualis 450ml reservoir
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT
Other
Aquacomputer OCTO
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by sakete; 04-17-2020 at 10:21 AM.
sakete is offline  
post #19 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
lstmysock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
Damn good block choice

3/8-5/8" soft tubing and fittings
Can't say how good it is yet but I got some from clear pvc flexible on delivery today from modmymods.com
You don't show a region so NYC might not be a good purchase area.


In Virginia but used to be from New York City many many years ago. Will check it out.
lstmysock11 is offline  
post #20 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
lstmysock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 85
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
If you don't care about clear tubing, get black Tygon A-60-G. Maintenance free tubing, won't leak plasticizer, very durable. And 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD is a good size. I'd recommend compression fittings from Bitspower (don't cheap out on fittings), which are generally considered the best. Whatever fittings you get though, do not get EK fittings, those are terrible quality. And remember, every part you need to connect with a hose will have an inlet and an outlet. So for every part you'll need at least two fittings (pump, radiator, reservoir, cpu block, gpu block, etc.). And I'd recommend you get 1 or 2 extra as you might overlook something, and it just sucks to have to buy and pay for shipping a second time and having to wait on those parts to arrive.

Also avoid tight 90 degree bends, as that will restrict flow. The best 90 degree fittings are dual or triple rotary fittings from Bitspower, and those don't really restrict flow as it bends 90 degrees over a much larger radius. Sometimes 45 degree fittings come in handy as well.

For res/pump combo, you'll want either a borosylicate glass tube (there are a bunch of brands that offer those, I went with Aquacomputer), or cast acrylic which I think so far only Optimus offers. Don't get regular acrylic as that isn't as durable. For pump, get a Laing/Xylem equivalent D5 pump and call it a day. Many brands offer D5 + tube combos.

https://www.amazon.com/Bitspower-Com.../dp/B017JQ3YR8 Guessing these would be the fittings.

https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-a...ted-34042.html This the reservoir. Not sure if this one takes a top pump or what I would need for. Any have a idea the site is not very clear and the install guide link takes me to a site in german.

What fittings would I need to build in a loop drain in the system off the reservoir?
lstmysock11 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off