Watercooling case to get for 2020! - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Watercooling case to get for 2020!

post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Avacado View Post
Interesting pic. That vertical mount for your XL wouldn't happen to be the Lian Li dual mount would it? If so, you interested in selling?
It's just a Cablemods vertical bracket, unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Back at it again.

Rep: 100 (Unique: 75)
Whelp.

22643 Time Spy https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/46344026?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking....e.php?u=207393
White Lightning
(12 items)
CPU
i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz 1.385v
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-A
GPU
Evga 2080 Ti Black Gamer
RAM
32GB GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
2 x 1 TB Samsung EVO 970 Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w
Cooling
Corsair H150i Pro
Case
CORSAIR Crystal 570X White Mid Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Alienware 1900R 34.1" @ 120Hz
Keyboard
Loigitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G700s
▲ hide details ▲

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 04:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sc00ter View Post
This is actually a good call out. I have a 2080 ti FTW3 Ultra with the EK block. It is a VERY tight fit. There is less than 1mm between the edge of the block and the side glass. I honestly didn't even discover this until I completed my build and tried to put the side glass on. That moment was stressful, to say the least.

I believe this is one of the largest 2080 ti PCB's and it does fit with the EK block. It's just extremely close and if your card is not perfectly snug in the PCI-E slot, the glass won't close.

I just snapped a pic to try and demonstrate how tight it truly is. Believe it or not, there is a slight gap there...

The other issue with the EK block on the FTW3 PCB is that it's quite long. So unless I got creative with my pump mounting, I couldn't fit the GPU vertically. Even though I do have a vertical bracket for the 011 XL.

If I could do it all again, I'd have purchased a 2080 ti with the reference PCB as those have more GPU block options and the blocks are a bit smaller. But, the FTW3 + EK block does fit, nonetheless.
This is interesting. A buddy of a buddy with the same GPU and XL says he can't close the glass without removing the terminal cover. This is something I do like very much about my Phanteks P600S. It's very roomy with the width. I also have the EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 and EK Vector water-block and my block sits almost an inch back from the glass, it looks very comfortable. I like the Lian Li 011 XL very much and am still considering building in one, I just wish they went a little bit wider to accommodate the very large water-blocks. Oh and yes I am very lucky my GPU went in horizontally. The tail end of the water block touches right on the pump/res. I actually have to apply a bit of force to get the GPU seated into the PCIE slot properly. This was all trial and error (the pump mounting) and was not pre-measured. I could just as easily have had a GPU that didn't go in. Your build is extremely clean and very nice looking BTW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phanteks P600S GPU clearance.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	809.2 KB
ID:	347876  

Asus Maximus XI Hero, 8700K 5.0Ghz, Custom loop: EKWB Velocity, X-RES D5, Rads: EK PE 360, Corsair XR5 280, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/EK Vector FTW3, Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3733Mhz, Samsung 850/860 Evo's, Seasonic Prime Ultra 1300W, Phanteks Eclipse P600S, Asus ROG Swift PG349Q 120hz 34"
Astral85's RIG
(0 items)
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Astral85; 05-21-2020 at 04:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 06:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
This is interesting. A buddy of a buddy with the same GPU and XL says he can't close the glass without removing the terminal cover. This is something I do like very much about my Phanteks P600S. It's very roomy with the width. I also have the EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 and EK Vector water-block and my block sits almost an inch back from the glass, it looks very comfortable. I like the Lian Li 011 XL very much and am still considering building in one, I just wish they went a little bit wider to accommodate the very large water-blocks. Oh and yes I am very lucky my GPU went in horizontally. The tail end of the water block touches right on the pump/res. I actually have to apply a bit of force to get the GPU seated into the PCIE slot properly. This was all trial and error (the pump mounting) and was not pre-measured. I could just as easily have had a GPU that didn't go in. Your build is extremely clean and very nice looking BTW.
Thanks!

I've heard of others who were unable to get their 2080 ti FTW3 + EK block to fit in the 011 XL, as well. The only thing I can think of is their motherboard stand offs are slightly taller. That, or they haven't pushed their GPU fully snug into the PCI-e slot. With my tinkering over the last few months, I have run into a couple of situations in which the glass wouldn't shut. Upon inspection, my GPU was just barely not 100% snug into the PCI-e slot.

We're literally talking 1mm clearance, at most. So it could be a number of things, including something as trivial as not tightening the motherboard stand off screws in firmly enough, or even motherboard thickness. Regardless, if you have a 2080 ti with a non-reference PCB and an EK block, and your considering this case, I'd play it safe and plan on going vertical mount to avoid a potential massive headache. In retrospect, I really think I just got lucky.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 AM
Back at it again.

Rep: 100 (Unique: 75)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sc00ter View Post
Thanks!

I've heard of others who were unable to get their 2080 ti FTW3 + EK block to fit in the 011 XL, as well. The only thing I can think of is their motherboard stand offs are slightly taller. That, or they haven't pushed their GPU fully snug into the PCI-e slot. With my tinkering over the last few months, I have run into a couple of situations in which the glass wouldn't shut. Upon inspection, my GPU was just barely not 100% snug into the PCI-e slot.

We're literally talking 1mm clearance, at most. So it could be a number of things, including something as trivial as not tightening the motherboard stand off screws in firmly enough, or even motherboard thickness. Regardless, if you have a 2080 ti with a non-reference PCB and an EK block, and your considering this case, I'd play it safe and plan on going vertical mount to avoid a potential massive headache. In retrospect, I really think I just got lucky.
Indeed. I am actually waiting on the Dual vertical mount from Lian Li. Found it @ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-...ca-77p-ll.html. It is out of stock everywhere and where it isn't it is price gouged like fleabay. Cannot wait until I get it.

22643 Time Spy https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/46344026?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking....e.php?u=207393
White Lightning
(12 items)
CPU
i7 9700k @ 5.1GHz 1.385v
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z390-A
GPU
Evga 2080 Ti Black Gamer
RAM
32GB GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
2 x 1 TB Samsung EVO 970 Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w
Cooling
Corsair H150i Pro
Case
CORSAIR Crystal 570X White Mid Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Alienware 1900R 34.1" @ 120Hz
Keyboard
Loigitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G700s
▲ hide details ▲

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Avacado View Post
Indeed. I am actually waiting on the Dual vertical mount from Lian Li. Found it @ https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-...ca-77p-ll.html. It is out of stock everywhere and where it isn't it is price gouged like fleabay. Cannot wait until I get it.
Damn! Now I have to have that. I'll keep checking for inventory to come in stock, as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in