Overclock.net banner

Weird white hue

1K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Mayhem 
#1 ·
So I’ve been running this loop for about 3 weeks and yesterday I’ve noticed this strange white discoloration on the PTGE tubing, I’m going to flush the system and see if it’s any kind of residue or if it has anything to do with the sunlight, but has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas what it could be? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
So I’ve taken everything apart. Definitely a white gunk of some kind. I’m just wondering how much of it is in the radiators. Now how would I clean this loop? Would blitz 2 help? Or just run hot distilled water through for a while ? Man, it’s very disappointing to have your first custom loop gunk up like this in a few weeks. I understand **** happens but I’ll tell you , it’s very discouraging after spending hours building this. Contacted Mayhem support a couple of days ago, still waiting for an answer. What really sucks is I don’t have any other kind of coolant than the Mayhems Pastel one so that means I’m without a computer for a few days ... just very frustrated....

Attachments

#16 ·
Hi,
Yeah that's quite a mess :eek:

#10 ·
Just another example of why I run clear coolant.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Rep+
Reactions: ThrashZone
#11 ·
After you clean everything, just run distilled water for a few days- it gives you a chance to see if there is anything left hidden in the lop.

#12 ·
Whats happend is the system is PH un Balanced, its fallen out, if you contacted our support as suggested to you, you would have been given a free blitz kit, replacement coolant and also water to help cleaning the system. ...... To late now.

#15 ·
Ah right, reading above it never said that, "to late now" is the reference we normally ask for samples however atm, I've asked Ian to just sort anyone out with issues however we can and get them up and running as quickly as possible as we found the cause and pulled all pastel because of it. Glad ians on it, btw i deal with that much i forgot about your PM lol. I really need to get more staff in...

#21 ·
Go to the store, buy a gallon of distilled water. Run that, drain, fill, repeat. You'll need to do it anyway to flush out the system. Once you get the new stuff in, run blitz through it, then put the new coolant in.

Just don't run straight distilled for a long time obviously. But for a week or two, changing it out once or twice to get all the old coolant and gunk out will be fine.

#22 ·
That doesn't work in this situation. I had the exact same issue. I have a bunch of bottles of pastel coolant that I will not use ever again.

This stuff plates out on your blocks. I had to trash a lot of tubing, disassemble my blocks and scrape this white crust off.

I had four Titan XP blocks full of this white stuff, my radiators are plated out with it. I put them aside as I don't want to build another setup with them and have the white stuff from inside mess up new hardware. That is three 420mm aquacomputer modularity radiators. $$$

I use EK clear now. I have a whole storage tub of mayhem's coolant that I would like to send back.

#28 ·
thx for the more accurate info on the PITA that was pastel ;)

I fully agree.

No one looking at the inside of your computer IRL is ever gonna feel how you want them to feel about it, no matter how much you pour into it, unless you get yourself into the convention/competition circuit, which you will NOT do by stuffing big box parts in big box cases, reposted on reddit for the umpteenth time.

my cats don't care, my real cats, or the cool cats I kick it with. however, it's hard to make the inside of a caselabs look bad + I go full rtard & use fittings as my hardlines. No need for hose or tubing on most runs if you plan it right :) (there's lots of hoses connecting radiators in the attic and basement though)

all they care about is 2080ti+120hz = vroom vroom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.