[Official] Heatkiller Club - Page 366 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] Heatkiller Club

post #3651 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Did Buy Heatkiller D5 100Ml 2 weeks ago and receive one week ago the reservator + Watercooler D5 Vario pump + some fittings...

No problems.

But yes....their foruns some users are complain about "nickel" shortage...

Anyway...

Heatkiller IV Nickel WB + Reservator and im very very happy with this choice.

Die Best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3652 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Watercool-Jakob View Post

Please see the mail that I sent you today regarding this
Good day!
Thank you, I received a reply in the mail.
I can expand the order, while there is time, add a few positions?
post #3653 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
This is both true and wrong at the same time

You are absolutely right that our availability is pretty bad right now. The reason is simple: we were overrun by orders. We were receiving more orders per day than we could produce in the same time for several months in a row. This obviously led to a massive backorder problem. We are continuously growing both our staff and our machine park, and bought several extremely expensive new machines throughout 2019. These already led to higher production capacities. Our estimation is that we will be back to ship new orders within 1-3 days by late summer, while also being back to supplying all our resellers worldwide with product.

So yes, availability was pretty rough for the last 6-9 months. But no, the peak is through, and it is currently getting better again.

You really need to be much more active communicating this to both the punters and your resellers, then. Most of the latter appear to be completely in the dark or despairing. Also, most indicated that supply has been an issue for much longer than 6-9 months.

In order to get a Tube 100 D5 I had to cannibalise the pump top from the 200 D5 that I was going to use for a later build, and order a normal Tube 100 from one of the last resellers with stock, then a Multiport 100 and tall standing bracket from a different reseller with stock of those. The standing bracket isn't ideal for my case, though, I've found. Now I need to order 120mm fan brackets and the reservoir holders ... but none of your resellers have them (resellers being out of most of the accessories and spare parts is maybe the worst bit), and it'd take weeks more from you. Furthermore, I need to now obtain a new D5 Tube pump top for the 200 Tube, and a new Borosilicate glass vessel too, as the bottom of it shattered when I unscrewed it**.

It's really frustrating that it's like this. Hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

**N.B. to anyone taking their Tube apart, do each screw a few rotations at a time very slowly - if there's uneven pressure on the glass it will fail. Same with doing it back up, do it very slowly with even pressure.

Edit: Given the situation, have you not considered stopping new orders for a couple of weeks, so you can get caught back up? Surely that would be better than prolonging the current status quo.

Last edited by pmc25; 05-08-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3654 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Council for the manufacturer.
The HEATKILLER® Tube - 120 / 140mm fan adapter can be replaced with a similar design. This will allow the reservoir to shift to the left and right from the vertical axis, which may be convenient when assembling on solid (hard) tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6745_20180712_8252-1024x768.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	268744  

post #3655 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 84 (Unique: 44)
Quote: Originally Posted by GAN77 View Post
Good day!
Thank you, I received a reply in the mail.
I can expand the order, while there is time, add a few positions?
Let's discuss this per mail, please. The status of one individual order is of no interest for everyone else in the thread, and will just clog the thread for all the other interested persons.

Quote: Originally Posted by pmc25 View Post
You really need to be much more active communicating this to both the punters and your resellers, then. Most of the latter appear to be completely in the dark or despairing. Also, most indicated that supply has been an issue for much longer than 6-9 months.

In order to get a Tube 100 D5 I had to cannibalise the pump top from the 200 D5 that I was going to use for a later build, and order a normal Tube 100 from one of the last resellers with stock, then a Multiport 100 and tall standing bracket from a different reseller with stock of those. The standing bracket isn't ideal for my case, though, I've found. Now I need to order 120mm fan brackets and the reservoir holders ... but none of your resellers have them (resellers being out of most of the accessories and spare parts is maybe the worst bit), and it'd take weeks more from you. Furthermore, I need to now obtain a new D5 Tube pump top for the 200 Tube, and a new Borosilicate glass vessel too, as the bottom of it shattered when I unscrewed it**.

It's really frustrating that it's like this. Hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

**N.B. to anyone taking their Tube apart, do each screw a few rotations at a time very slowly - if there's uneven pressure on the glass it will fail. Same with doing it back up, do it very slowly with even pressure.

Edit: Given the situation, have you not considered stopping new orders for a couple of weeks, so you can get caught back up? Surely that would be better than prolonging the current status quo.
Well, you can always order directly from us. Small parts, like a few accessories for a Tube, are usually shipped within 2 days. EVen an order for just a tube with like couple of mounts is usually shipped within ~2-5 days.

We are aware of the bad availability, and as I said in my previous post: we are working very hard to solve this situation. But please understand that I cannot comment on our internal communication patterns with our B2B partners. I heard your feedback, and can only repeat myself: we are pushing very hard to solve the issues.

Chat with me in the Official Watercool HEATKILLER Club on OCN

Find all our gear at
http://WATERCOOL.de

Find out if there is a customized HEATKILLER water block for your...
GPU | Motherboard

And don't forget to follow us on...
Twitter | facebook | instagram
post #3656 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)

Well, you can always order directly from us. Small parts, like a few accessories for a Tube, are usually shipped within 2 days. EVen an order for just a tube with like couple of mounts is usually shipped within ~2-5 days.
Just ordered the reservoir brackets directly from you (and RGB LED strip), all marked as in stock. Hopefully it does ship as quickly as you say.
post #3657 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Watercool WCP D5-PWM №30048 and D5-PWM №30046 - What is the fundamental difference?
post #3658 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 03:42 AM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by pmc25 View Post
Just ordered the reservoir brackets directly from you (and RGB LED strip), all marked as in stock. Hopefully it does ship as quickly as you say.
If I put yournickname to the correct order, it seems as if it shipped today.

Watercool WCP D5-PWM №30048 and D5-PWM №30046 - What is the fundamental difference?
THe standard pump has a paper sticker glued to the back. The WCP pump has a nice laser engraved stainless steel plaque instead. There is no functional difference between the two.

Find all our gear at

GPU | Motherboard

post #3659 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Watercool-Jakob

Thanks for the answer!

The clarifying question is, what is the PWM duty cycle for these pumps? 20-100% or other meanings?

Thank!
post #3660 of 4516 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:14 AM
Hardware Rep

Watercool-Jakob

Thanks for the answer!

The clarifying question is, what is the PWM duty cycle for these pumps? 20-100% or other meanings?

Thank!
If the pwmcable is not connected, the pumps run with roughly 60%. When connected, they can be controlled from 20-100%.

Find all our gear at

GPU | Motherboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in