[Official] Heatkiller Club - Page 385 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Heatkiller Club

post #3841 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Founder

Rep: 78 (Unique: 72)
Quote: Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post
Very nice tubing! That one from the CPU block to the GPU is amazing
Quote: Originally Posted by chibi View Post
^ I concur, very impressive multi-point bends!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bart View Post
+2!!! Having only *just* completed my first two triple-bend tubes, this is *very* impressive to me. I bet this man built himself one heck of a bending jig setup!
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words! In all honesty, I use only a 90 degree die (mandrel in the real world) to start my bends and then finish the rest by hand.

On another note, something I've been working on this past week!

The initial idea and first design iteration came from CustomRigsDe.

After some thought however, it was clear to me to make some changes and also add some LiquidHaus flair!

This is an RGB LED shroud for the Heatkiller IV block. LEDs will be mounted on both sides with the face acting as a shroud so the diodes themselves aren't visible. Similar to how Watercool does their GPU blocks.

The LH will be lit up as light passes through the cutout. I'm super excited about this! Almost as much as I was for the block itself lol.

www.liquid.haus
Team Heatkiller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Old dog, likes new tricks

Rep: 77 (Unique: 64)
LiquidHaas: damn dude, you're making ME super excited too, since I DESPERATELY need something like this in my rig! The lack of LEDs in the CPU area is driving my OCD crazy, since my Aorus Master X570 board has the most USELESS LEDs EVER (dimmer than my dumbest ex-girlfriend, and that was pretty dim). Would you ever consider selling one of those things?

post #3843 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Founder

Rep: 78 (Unique: 72)
Quote: Originally Posted by Bart View Post
LiquidHaas: damn dude, you're making ME super excited too, since I DESPERATELY need something like this in my rig! The lack of LEDs in the CPU area is driving my OCD crazy, since my Aorus Master X570 board has the most USELESS LEDs EVER (dimmer than my dumbest ex-girlfriend, and that was pretty dim). Would you ever consider selling one of those things?
I'd love to! But I wouldn't feel comfortable selling something based on someone else's design. I do plan on making a completely new version that is indeed my own design.

I've had many talks with Jakob about shrouds for their CPU and VRM blocks so that it's not just bare acrylic on the top. Obviously this is just my opinion, but they nailed it on the acrylic/black version of the TR4 Pro block for Threadripper. Acrylic face, with a CNC'd shroud that integrates RGB into the block in a super clean manner.

It still bothers me at times when companies do full acrylic tops with no shroud around the outside, like EK. They recently added a one sided shroud on their GPU/CPU blocks that hides the RGB strip at the bottom of the block which is cool and all but I personally prefer full shrouds.

Again, just my opinion and I'm sure there are many people that like full acrylic blocks as is, but that's the point of modding right?!

www.liquid.haus
Team Heatkiller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3844 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:51 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 78 (Unique: 38)
Quote: Originally Posted by Papa Emeritus View Post
Does anyone here know if the RTX 2080 FE backplate is compatible with the Heatkiller block?
No, it is not. You would have to drill all holes open to fit our screws through. Plus, the FE backplate does not provide any additional structural rigidity, it's mere cosmetic. So you most likely would have to apply a lot of force to the backplate to achieve sufficient mounting pressure on the thermal pads.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidHaus View Post
On another note, something I've been working on this past week!

The initial idea and first design iteration came from CustomRigsDe.

After some thought however, it was clear to me to make some changes and also add some LiquidHaus flair!

This is an RGB LED shroud for the Heatkiller IV block. LEDs will be mounted on both sides with the face acting as a shroud so the diodes themselves aren't visible. Similar to how Watercool does their GPU blocks.

The LH will be lit up as light passes through the cutout. I'm super excited about this! Almost as much as I was for the block itself lol.
I liked the original layout! I don't see any change initially, other than the lit logo (which is a cool idea!). Looking forward to seeing it in final form!

A Heatkiller V (which will come eventually) will be a logic evolution of our design. So I wouldn't be surprised if it would have some version of the acrylic top/full around shroud that we implemented with the Pascal GPU blocks and then transferred to the Threadripper blocks. Me personally, I really like the design on the Turing block, as it is not as "closed down". We'll have to wait for what our designers come up with. But I can definitely confirm that there will be Heatkiller CPU blocks with LED integration somewhere in the future.

And since some smug smarta** will ask about an ETA: most likely before 2025. Yes, this is the best I can give you right now

Chat with me in the Official Watercool HEATKILLER Club on OCN

Find all our gear at
http://WATERCOOL.de

Find out if there is a customized HEATKILLER water block for your...
GPU | Motherboard

And don't forget to follow us on...
Twitter | facebook | instagram
post #3845 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:19 AM
Watercooler

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Watercool-Jakob View Post
No, it is not. You would have to drill all holes open to fit our screws through. Plus, the FE backplate does not provide any additional structural rigidity, it's mere cosmetic. So you most likely would have to apply a lot of force to the backplate to achieve sufficient mounting pressure on the thermal pads.

Thank's for the reply Jakob! I knew it wouldn't be particularly rigid or provide any decent cooling, i just wondered on pure cosmetic grounds.
post #3846 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Dont mean to rush you but curious if any updates on the development of the new ryzen 3000 cpu blocks.
post #3847 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:18 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 305 (Unique: 244)
Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
Dont mean to rush you but curious if any updates on the development of the new ryzen 3000 cpu blocks.
ETA: most likely before 2025

post #3848 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 10:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Heatkiller products seem to be completely sold out at the normal places in the US. They have all told me that orders have not been coming in very often. It sounds like watercool is way behind in production but seems to have everything in stock on their own website.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

post #3849 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by chas1723 View Post
Heatkiller products seem to be completely sold out at the normal places in the US. They have all told me that orders have not been coming in very often. It sounds like watercool is way behind in production but seems to have everything in stock on their own website.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
They still have to make it, I think. In stock doesn't mean they pull it off the shelf. Less than a month to get my order though and I’ve ordered twice.
post #3850 of 3855 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Has anyone ordered straight from there website ? I was going to order a reservoir and blocks but they haven't responded to any of my messages going on 3 weeks now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in