OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 10947 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

post #109461 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 27 (Unique: 13)
Hello A few months ago, I posted a couple of select early pics but now I'm finished and working on my 'Orca & Rucksack' build log....a few select pics below

2950x / X399 - 2x 2080 Ti Aorus WB - GPU water-cooling via 3x RX 360 and 2x MPC655 pumps - CPU water-cooling via 2x RX 360 and 2x MPC 655 pumps 20x 120mm rad fans
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Orc1024uu.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	264986  

Name:	OrBlFullpt1u.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	264988  

Name:	GPU_Orca.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	264990  

Name:	OrBlTop1u1150gr.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	264992  

Name:	OrcaOCNAirflow1150.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	353.3 KB
ID:	264994  

Name:	orcablglassright1grU.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	264996  

Name:	OrcaGlow2.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	264998  

Name:	BlueAorus5050.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	265000  

Name:	BluePurpleAorusunderside.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	265002  

Name:	OrCHeatKl.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	265024  

Last edited by J7SC; 04-14-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109462 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 553 (Unique: 313)
be careful with those swiftech rotaries. They get weak over time, & will form high pressure squirts from the joint.

It took mine about 18 months to get to that point. The only rotaries I've had not fail after ~2 years are BP. They still have the same resistance years later. I've yet to have to retire a single one, even the crazy double rotary ones.

besides that bit of caution, looks great.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited by skupples; 04-14-2019 at 06:18 PM.
post #109463 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Invalid Media

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
be careful with those swiftech rotaries. They get weak over time, & will form high pressure squirts from the joint.

It took mine about 18 months to get to that point. The only rotaries I've had not fail after ~2 years are BP. They still have the same resistance years later. I've yet to have to retire a single one, even the crazy double rotary ones.

Thanks for the note of caution on the rotaries for the CPU block. I had these rotaries since 2013 (though not in use for two years). I am aware of potential issues with rotaries, and indeed had a few which did develop problems some time ago. The ones I used though were pressure-tested at well-above the pressure in the system...and most importantly, I made sure that there is no uneven push / pull via the hoses on the 45 degree angle joint...that, in my past experience, was responsible for weaknesses in similar rotaries. Still, worth keeping an eye on - which isn't hard to do as it is behind glass and at eye level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109464 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

I often wonder whether all these Bitspower fittings I have bought are worth the cost over other brands, but posts like this make me insist on them every time.

X299 - i9 7940X
(24 items)
CPU
i9-7940X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC
RAM
64GB Trident Z RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 960Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
WD Gold 10TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB
Hard Drive
WD RED 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Green 2TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
MO-RA 420 Pro
Cooling
EK RVIE Monoblock
Cooling
Phanteks Asus Strix 1080Ti GPU Block
Cooling
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM
Cooling
Bitspower Fittings
Cooling
Heatkiller 200mm Reservoir
Cooling
9X Corsair ML140 Pro Fans
Case
Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
BenQ SW320 32" 4K
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
▲ hide details ▲
post #109465 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Watercooler

Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)

XSPC - Had a few leak from a second purchase a couple years after the first bunch had been used for about 3.5 year problem free. XSPC made it right through the vendor though. That experience is not typical of my overall experience with XSPC PC water cooling gear.

Bitspower - Had 5 leak over a period of about 5 years. To be fair, all but the snake rotary were in hard to see, tight spots and were being pulled slightly to one side, unrealized by me upon initial build. The leaks were small and very hard to find. It took a few weeks, a mirror on a long bendable handle, some contortionist body twisting, a nice bright LED flashlight and a large spray bottle of soapy water to locate the tiny little bubbles that burped out at a snail's pace.

<= is what I felt like by the time that debacle was over.

I will still use either brand again.

Expansionist
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Motherboard
EVGA X99 FTW K
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDXL Blu-Ray
Power Supply
Seasonic X1250W
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling System
Case
CaseLabs Merlin ST10
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Azio - Armato
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mouse
EVGA
Audio
Creative Labs Blaster ZX
▲ hide details ▲
post #109466 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Invalid Media

Quote: Originally Posted by Questors View Post
XSPC - Had a few leak from a second purchase a couple years after the first bunch had been used for about 3.5 year problem free. XSPC made it right through the vendor though. That experience is not typical of my overall experience with XSPC PC water cooling gear.

Bitspower - Had 5 leak over a period of about 5 years. To be fair, all but the snake rotary were in hard to see, tight spots and were being pulled slightly to one side, unrealized by me upon initial build. The leaks were small and very hard to find. It took a few weeks, a mirror on a long bendable handle, some contortionist body twisting, a nice bright LED flashlight and a large spray bottle of soapy water to locate the tiny little bubbles that burped out at a snail's pace.

<= is what I felt like by the time that debacle was over.

I will still use either brand again.

...I can empathize with that frustration - ever since I started custom w-cooling at the beginning of this decade, I noticed (somewhat rare) issues with Swiftech, Koolance (and possibly Bitspower) on fittings with a joint which swivel / rotate in some way. As stated above, IMO it came down to uneven push/pull of the tubing on the fitting...in my current build, I paid attention to 'neutral push/pull' and these specific joints in the build above do not (and should not) move, swivel etc as it is locked in (there are Koolance quick-disconnects on that loop for maintenance etc). However, if I ever notice the slightest leak, I'll apply SealAll to the joint - I fixed high-pressure fuel lines for cars with that stuff decades back...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SealAll.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	265112  

post #109467 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

i tried using that stuff to fix the design flaw in the 3x DDC block from... Koolance?

didn't work. The water still found a path out after I roughed up the acrylic, applied a ton, n let cure for 24 hours.

still dude's correct. It's about proper position. The resistance of BP fittings give you more margin of error, whereas the cheaper ones with less resistance/tolerance require more precision to not push them outta wack, to the point of leaking.

post #109468 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Invalid Media

i tried using that stuff to fix the design flaw in the 3x DDC block from... Koolance?

didn't work. The water still found a path out after I roughed up the acrylic, applied a ton, n let cure for 24 hours.

still dude's correct. It's about proper position. The resistance of BP fittings give you more margin of error, whereas the cheaper ones with less resistance/tolerance require more precision to not push them outta wack, to the point of leaking.

...probably going 'off topic' a bit, but I have amassed way too much knowledge about SealAll than I should have (read: I can be a klutz when impatient). SealALL works best when:

a.) it has s.th. cleaned and a bit roughed up to grip and is applied in several 'touch-dry' layers and
b.) can be reinforced between layers, i.e. with duct tape !
c.) if the problem area can be completely ('360 degrees') covered, like a tube, a block, a pipe or fitting (as is discussed here), I'm not boasting when I say that I must be at 100 out of 100 (or so... )
post #109469 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 17)
Hello all, I’m rebuilding my loop. I’m working out of a caselabs S3, and just bought a black ice nemesis GTX 360 and GTR 240.

I need advice on fans. I’m looking at the noctua NF-F12 but I noticed that NF-P12 redux 1700s are about $10 cheaper, even after buying the anti vibration mounts.

Does anyone have experience with both of these? Is there a remarkable difference in noise and performance that would warrant an additional $10 per fan?

Also given that these are both Static pressure optimized fans, do you see a huge impact from push pull vs just push or pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900k OC to 5.0GHZ @ 1.285V Delidded/Direct Die Cooled
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
GTX 1080Ti FE
Lian Li O11 Dynamic, white

post #109470 of 109796 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by J7SC View Post

...probably going 'off topic' a bit, but I have amassed way too much knowledge about SealAll than I should have (read: I can be a klutz when impatient). SealALL works best when:

a.) it has s.th. cleaned and a bit roughed up to grip and is applied in several 'touch-dry' layers and
b.) can be reinforced between layers, i.e. with duct tape ! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/whistle.gif[/IMG]
c.) if the problem area can be completely ('360 degrees') covered, like a tube, a block, a pipe or fitting (as is discussed here), I'm not boasting when I say that I must be at 100 out of 100 (or so... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG] )
Lol I tried it all, aside from duct tape.

That glued in plastic insert is just highly prone to failure. It’s why most 3x DDC systems are now 2x DDC systems wth an extra DDC in the drawer.

I think the only solution woulda been recreating the piece and properly re-acrylic glueing it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in