OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery - Page 10948 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

post #109471 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
i tried using that stuff to fix the design flaw in the 3x DDC block from... Koolance?

didn't work. The water still found a path out after I roughed up the acrylic, applied a ton, n let cure for 24 hours.

still dude's correct. It's about proper position. The resistance of BP fittings give you more margin of error, whereas the cheaper ones with less resistance/tolerance require more precision to not push them outta wack, to the point of leaking.

I’m noticing with my EK ones they are already starting to spread apart and they aren’t even a month old. The worst part is it’s not even being pulled apart, it’s just separating on its own.
I’ll be keeping a close eye on them in the future as they already look ready to leak.
I’ll be eliminating as many as I can but I clearly see why you do not ever cheap out on rotaries.

My Baby
(24 items)
CPU
Delidded Direct Die I9 9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Apex
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive
Asus Hyper M.2 card
Hard Drive
2 x Intel 660P 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO
Cooling
2x Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTR
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
2x Noctua NA-A15 PWM
Cooling
24x EK Vadar F4120ER
Case
Case Labs Magnum M8 with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG28Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
Audio
Cavalii Audio Liquid Carbon HPA
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109472 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
I have a Phanteks P600s case with 2x Phanteks 140SP fan on min rpm on front intake , and one 140SP on back as exhaust . CPU([email protected],1) + VGA(1080TI @1987mhz) on water , radiator is external Mo-Ra3 420 with 9x Noctua NF A14pwm fan (300 rpm).

I also have a 420*45mm Alphacool rad somewhere collecting dust Shall i add that 420 rad in front of my P600s case ,or i wont get any benefit from it ? Or even make things worse ? ( I think 140sp fans on low rpm dont have the power to pull air through/flow across dustfilter+45mm thick rad ,trapping the heat inside the case )
post #109473 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Watercooler

Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinnacle Fit View Post
Hello all, I’m rebuilding my loop. I’m working out of a caselabs S3, and just bought a black ice nemesis GTX 360 and GTR 240.

I need advice on fans. I’m looking at the noctua NF-F12 but I noticed that NF-P12 redux 1700s are about $10 cheaper, even after buying the anti vibration mounts.

Does anyone have experience with both of these? Is there a remarkable difference in noise and performance that would warrant an additional $10 per fan?

Also given that these are both Static pressure optimized fans, do you see a huge impact from push pull vs just push or pull?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fans - The age old wonder of PC cooling. Noctua fans are great fans and top notch quality regardless of version. There are other fans out there that are arguably as good.

I have been running Gentle Typhoons for years. I have had ONE go bad in that time. It still works, but it's wobbly and the outer edge of the blades strike the face of radiator as it wobbles. It's now a case fan pushing air in until it gives out forever.

Before the links to vendors and maker sites, here is some information you may want to look at. It covers push vs push/pull and other curiosity about fans and water cooling/radiators.

Martins Liquid Lab

More recent: Extreme Rigs, Choose - Reviews > Radiators > any radiator. There are extensive charts and comparisons to do with tested radiator.

Places to get fans:
ModMyMods GTs

Cooler Guys GTs 3 Pin & PWM

PPCS Darkside GTs 3 Pin & PWM

You can't forget EKWBs entry into radiator purposed fans, the Vardar.
Mainframe Customs Vardar 120mm - 140mm model also available. Also can be purchased at PPCS.

Noiseblocker:
Noiseblocker Eloop

Possibly the best ball bearing low priced PWM fan you can put on a radiator is the Akasa Piranha 120 PWM fans.
PPCS Piranha PWM

Corsair appears to have a nice line of fans now too.

I have to say though, when it comes down to it, my first choice is Gentle Typhoon, second choice is Vardar and third choice is Piranha.

Expansionist
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Motherboard
EVGA X99 FTW K
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N
GPU
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDXL Blu-Ray
Power Supply
Seasonic X1250W
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling System
Case
CaseLabs Merlin ST10
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Azio - Armato
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mouse
EVGA
Audio
Creative Labs Blaster ZX
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109474 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by Questors View Post
Fans - The age old wonder of PC cooling. Noctua fans are great fans and top notch quality regardless of version. There are other fans out there that are arguably as good.

I have been running Gentle Typhoons for years. I have had ONE go bad in that time. It still works, but it's wobbly and the outer edge of the blades strike the face of radiator as it wobbles. It's now a case fan pushing air in until it gives out forever.

Before the links to vendors and maker sites, here is some information you may want to look at. It covers push vs push/pull and other curiosity about fans and water cooling/radiators.

Martins Liquid Lab

More recent: Extreme Rigs, Choose - Reviews > Radiators > any radiator. There are extensive charts and comparisons to do with tested radiator.

Places to get fans:

ModMyMods GTs

Cooler Guys GTs 3 Pin & PWM

PPCS Darkside GTs 3 Pin & PWM

You can't forget EKWBs entry into radiator purposed fans, the Vardar.

Mainframe Customs Vardar 120mm - 140mm model also available. Also can be purchased at PPCS.

Noiseblocker:

Noiseblocker Eloop

Possibly the best ball bearing low priced PWM fan you can put on a radiator is the Akasa Piranha 120 PWM fans.

PPCS Piranha PWM

Corsair appears to have a nice line of fans now too.

I have to say though, when it comes down to it, my first choice is Gentle Typhoon, second choice is Vardar and third choice is Piranha.

Thanks. That’s very helpful. I’ve been looking on extreme rigs for reviews but I think a few of Martin liquid labs links are down.

My first concern isn’t necessarily the amount of static pressure or rpm because I’m using black ice gtx and gtr rads and they don’t seem overly obstructive in their fpi. I am concerned about noise though and noctua seems to be the quietest. If that’s incorrect please let me know.

i9-9900k OC to 5.0GHZ @ 1.285V Delidded/Direct Die Cooled
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
GTX 1080Ti FE
Lian Li O11 Dynamic, white

post #109475 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 15)
OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery

Thanks. That’s very helpful. I’ve been looking on extreme rigs for reviews but I think a few of Martin liquid labs links are down.

My first concern isn’t necessarily the amount of static pressure or rpm because I’m using black ice gtx and gtr rads and they don’t seem overly obstructive in their fpi. I am concerned about noise though and noctua seems to be the quietest. If that’s incorrect please let me know.

Noctua likely are the quietest but also among the most expensive.
You want more static pressure compared to CFM so if you want to go with Noctua just pick the higher pressure ones over the CFM ones.

My Baby
(24 items)
CPU
Delidded Direct Die I9 9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Apex
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive
Asus Hyper M.2 card
Hard Drive
2 x Intel 660P 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Watercool HEATKILLER IV PRO
Cooling
2x Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTR
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
2x Noctua NA-A15 PWM
Cooling
24x EK Vadar F4120ER
Case
Case Labs Magnum M8 with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG28Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
Audio
Cavalii Audio Liquid Carbon HPA
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT
▲ hide details ▲
post #109476 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:38 PM
Master of Black Snow

Rep: 700 (Unique: 519)
I went with Vardar ER 120 fans. I have six 500-2200rpm standards and three 500-2200 RGB fans. As I am currently running atop my BC1 open bench, I only have one of the RGB units hanging off the 212 EVO amd you can't even hear it @1000 rpm. It's so quiet that my display card tester simply shouts it down. Of course it's an old Radeon 5770 HD Reference card. The little hamster wheel is running @54% on a 875x1195 overclock. I should probably only ramp it up that high during my gaming sessions but it's a Lifetime card. I figure if it dies on me I will try dropping in the RX 480 after replacing the block with the Stock cooler and send the 5770 in for RMA. Of course I have a couple of 6870s on hand that if I fill them with water and put a fan over the heatsinks, they would work fine too. But yeah.

Hopefully tomorrow is sunny. So I can finish with a pump flushing of the three 360s and preparing for my new case to arrive. Still waiting to see whether or not I will go with the ROG O11 or if I want to go with Dynamic anyway.

~Ceadder

I am really starting to feel my Oats as a long time member of OCN. Why did we go back to this system again?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/w8cbvb-6.png
Black snow
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZSK
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 750 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Adata m.2
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova
Cooling
EKWB Crosshair VI Acetyl Monoblock
Case
Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit USB
Monitor
Samsung NU6900
Keyboard
Corsair K55
Mouse
Corsair M65
Other
Xbox Wireless Controller: Winter Forces Special Edition - Xbox One/Xbox One S/Windows 10
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
Corsair Dominator
Hard Drive
x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0
Hard Drive
Samsun 750 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
EK D5 Vario
Cooling
EK x3 250 RGB
Cooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silent Fans
Cooling
EK Supreme HF Classified
Cooling
Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing.
Cooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings
Cooling
EK x3 CSQ Clean Acrylic
Cooling
EK RX 480 Copper/Acetyl
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM
Monitor
Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen
Keyboard
Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know what I'm going to replace it with.
Mouse
Logitech g9x
Mouse
COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad
Audio
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Other
Creative X-Fi
Other
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
▲ hide details ▲

post #109477 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 549 (Unique: 312)
AP15s till bust, then I'm going truly silent builds... luckily I've got at least 5-10 more years of life in my 40 stack.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #109478 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Watercooler

Rep: 34 (Unique: 28)

Strictly answering this: "I am concerned about noise though and noctua seems to be the quietest. If that’s incorrect please let me know."

I can only tell you what my ears hear. To me, eLoops and Piranhas are louder at the same speed than GTs, Vardar and Noctua. Noctuas are quieter than Vardar. An anechoic chamber is the only environment that can deliver a definitive answer as to absolute sound produced by any fan. Noctuas and GTs have a gentle whoosh to my ears at comparable speeds, although the Noctua gets the edge for lower sound overall to my ears.

Now my perspective on buying: The difference isn't enough for me to jump out and always pay the extra money for the Noctua brand. They are all great quality fans and they all do a solid job on radiators or as case fans in terms of performance and keeping noise down. If after reading articles, reviews and chatting around, like here, you are leaning toward Noctua, buy them. Whether the beige, redux or industrial, no matter, you most likely won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind if you ramp up the speed over 1800 RPM, they will make noise and you will hear it.

Partially off-topic - I just bought four Vardar 120 ER PWM fans for an upcoming SFF utilizing two Hardware Labs 240 GTS rads. I can't wait! Unfortunately it's a multi-month build since I am waiting to see what Ryzen 3rd gen and Navi turn out to be.

Expansionist
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 5930K
Motherboard
EVGA X99 FTW K
GPU
GPU
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black 4TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDXL Blu-Ray
Power Supply
Seasonic X1250W
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling System
Case
CaseLabs Merlin ST10
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell S2716DG
Keyboard
Azio - Armato
Mouse
Mionix Castor
Mouse
EVGA
Audio
Creative Labs Blaster ZX
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Questors; 04-20-2019 at 07:50 AM.
post #109479 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Questors View Post
Strictly answering this: "I am concerned about noise though and noctua seems to be the quietest. If that’s incorrect please let me know."

I can only tell you what my ears hear. To me, eLoops and Piranhas are louder at the same speed than GTs, Vardar and Noctua. Noctuas are quieter than Vardar. An anechoic chamber is the only environment that can deliver a definitive answer as to absolute sound produced by any fan. Noctuas and GTs have a gentle whoosh to my ears at comparable speeds, although the Noctua gets the edge for lower sound overall to my ears.

Now my perspective on buying: The difference isn't enough for me to jump out and always pay the extra money for the Noctua brand. They are all great quality fans and they all do a solid job on radiators or as case fans in terms of performance and keeping noise down. If after reading articles, reviews and chatting around, like here, you are leaning toward Noctua, buy them. Whether the beige, redux or industrial, no matter, you most likely won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind if you ramp up the speed over 1800 RPM, they will make noise and you will hear it.

That’s correct. And I felt like the grey redux was the best bargain. It also has the same warranty as the nf12...and at $15-16 a fan after buying the bumpers, it’s around the same price as the corsairs SP120 I’m used to.

GTX 1080Ti FE

post #109480 of 109787 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

For those who have multiple d5 pumps in series- did you add the extra ones because of flow restriction, or for redundancy? I thought I would get a much larger pressure drop with my loop but I didn’t and I already got a dual d5 top...

Is it possible to run both on low, and simulate the effect of one pump on medium or high?

GTX 1080Ti FE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in